Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I cracked up good during that last chapter. Yuri is the lamest uncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you have to be wildly irresponsible to take the coveted "cool uncle" title

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The legend of Daybreak has begun.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

I love this woman. God she's dumb...

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Anya has mastered "Wholesome Smug" :smug:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
This comic is so good.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Dexo posted:

The legend of Daybreak has begun.
A guy this dim should have named himself Nightfall.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Very excited that we have our rival character

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rody One Half posted:

Very excited that we have our rival character
Why he got fired

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It was actually seeing the "swole chihuahua" joke (and praise/discussion) on twitter that reminded me i wanted to read this, and i have to say after figuring that it would be pretty good...this comic is really god drat good. My only regret is now i have to wait for new chapters to come out. :f5:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I can't wait to see more of Daybreak he looks like a very fun character.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 17, 2020

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Daybreak is actually a super spy who was playing 4th dimensional chess, by acting like a bad enough spy that he needed to be helped into the vault and having his changed answers fixed he now knows that the teacher that was with him was Twilight and he has some sort of mission involving the school.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km40jvV5lhM

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006708

New chapter's here for people who want a link

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mulderman posted:

She's so supportive! :allears:

How do you guys suppose Daybreak's joining the family?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
He's going to be the babysitter.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Mulderman posted:

He's going to be the babysitter.

Either that or he marries Yuri.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The swole chihuahua panel is also what got me to start reading this (just finished catching up!), but also the panel where they named Bond and talked about dogs preferring plosives--that was some top notch translation right there (in the Japanese version, he said that dogs have an easier time distinguishing vowels from consonants (shiin, a homophone for "cause of death"); that they were able to preserve the characterization and personalities on a difficult pun twice--both times with great results--really is some top tier localization work.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
While Daybreak was the highlight of this chapter, I just want to focus for a bit here on how super wholesome it was for Twilight to not change anything about Anya's scores.:kimchi:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Daybreak is actually a super spy who was playing 4th dimensional chess, by acting like a bad enough spy that he needed to be helped into the vault and having his changed answers fixed he now knows that the teacher that was with him was Twilight and he has some sort of mission involving the school.

I dunno. Can he really be all that smart?

I mean, I haven't seen him light himself on fire yet.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Something I noticed on reread Daybreak has own custom patch based on his codename

Also I love this panel so much

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

And still she's a model mom. :)

Still, it's super sweet that Lloid didn't change the scores because he was secretly a little proud.

I wonder what the story behind Daybreak is though...and if we'll see him again. I really want Yor and him to interact, like Yor meets him on a job and is in awe of his skills before trying to kill him for being a witness.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lt. Lizard posted:

While Daybreak was the highlight of this chapter, I just want to focus for a bit here on how super wholesome it was for Twilight to not change anything about Anya's scores.:kimchi:

It makes perfect sense to not touch anything when he does not need to. She does not get a bolt thus is not closer to expulsion, mission is able to continue.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I wonder if Damian's results being altered will come back to haunt him at some point. I bet Daybreak was sent by Becky...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
loid was never going to change the results so that anya would ace the exams. no one would buy it, no matter how perfect the change was.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Fangz posted:

I wonder if Damian's results being altered will come back to haunt him at some point. I bet Daybreak was sent by Becky...

I wonder if Daybreak was supposed to be a false flag sent by Donovan as part of one of his political battles. He failed and got fired because he wasn't caught like he was supposed to be.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Darth TNT posted:

I wonder what the story behind Daybreak is though...and if we'll see him again. I really want Yor and him to interact, like Yor meets him on a job and is in awe of his skills before trying to kill him for being a witness.
I feel like Daybreak is too much fun to not show up again. He's living his life like a cRPG character who put every possible point into Luck.

Also, I wonder how old Anya actually is. She lied about her age to get picked by Loid at the orphanage, and being a year or two behind in elementary school is not a small thing! I spend every academic chapter feeling quite bad for her.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

hey girl you up posted:

Also, I wonder how old Anya actually is. She lied about her age to get picked by Loid at the orphanage, and being a year or two behind in elementary school is not a small thing! I spend every academic chapter feeling quite bad for her.

Yeah, it kinda sucks that other characters dismiss her as stupid, when in reality she's literally too young to grasp certain concepts yet!

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I wonder if Daybreak was supposed to be a false flag sent by Donovan as part of one of his political battles. He failed and got fired because he wasn't caught like he was supposed to be.

I really hope that turns out to be case. It would just be too hilarious if Daybreak even failed at failing.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Equeen posted:

Yeah, it kinda sucks that other characters dismiss her as stupid, when in reality she's literally too young to grasp certain concepts yet!

You know I never even thought about that. That makes perfect sense and it wouldn't surprise me if that's a plot point later.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I completely forgot about that part

Poor baby...

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rody One Half posted:

I completely forgot about that part

Yeah, same- by that token, she's doing a damned sight better than anyone could expect!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i mean age aside, spending your early childhood being neglected and used as a human experiment in equal turns doesn't exactly set you up for success in a high pressure school environment

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, she can effortlessly cheat and never really needed to learn how to study.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also, she can effortlessly cheat and never really needed to learn how to study.

wasn't there a plot point about the moon shutting off her telepathy during the test a chapter back or so?

EDIT: oh, totally misread you here, sorry!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I'm imagining a future plot point where Anya uses her power to cheat off Damien and gets really confused when the test come back and she gets a great score and he fails.

She then mentions this to Loid and then reads his mind to find out that someone is changing Damien's scores to make him fail.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 19, 2020

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Would Anya really tell her dad she's a cheater, though?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Anya's two years too young and not educated prior to any of this. She's doing incredibly well not getting bottom marks in the mega prestigious super school with absolutely no cheating on top of that!

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
Does anyone even know how young she is? She lied to Loid at the orphanage to get picked, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
she's around four or five years old.