Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Oh poo poo! My mom dug out a couple boxes from her attic and found a bunch of my old Action Fleet poo poo. I thought it was all tossed a decade ago. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

my dog died im sad posted:

Are those the micromachine ones that came with their own stands and a tiny pilot figurine? I had a bunch of those.

AlternateNu posted:

Oh poo poo! My mom dug out a couple boxes from her attic and found a bunch of my old Action Fleet poo poo. I thought it was all tossed a decade ago. :v:

Hell ye, these things ruled.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

AlternateNu posted:

Be super careful with those transformers. They suffer from Gold Plastic Syndrome.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

I used to have a ton of those action fleet things too, now all I have left of them is an X-Wing.

And man do I miss Micro Machines, those were great to collect. The new ones they came out with just aren't the same.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I still have lots of star wars micro machines and some of the big ones with the pilot figurines (the pilots are long gone). The big ones are all busted to hell but I keep them for my nephews to play with, along with a huge tub of legos that my brother and i accumulated over the years. I think the only big ones left are the xwing, two tie fighters and a tie bomber. and a hoth snow speeder. oh, and an AT AT

edit: did anyone else trade SW micromachines on the playground? that was a fad for a while

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Zippy the Bummer posted:

I still have lots of star wars micro machines and some of the big ones with the pilot figurines (the pilots are long gone). The big ones are all busted to hell but I keep them for my nephews to play with, along with a huge tub of legos that my brother and i accumulated over the years. I think the only big ones left are the xwing, two tie fighters and a tie bomber. and a hoth snow speeder. oh, and an AT AT

edit: did anyone else trade SW micromachines on the playground? that was a fad for a while

Trade? I’m still hot and bothered by the battle damaged snowspeeder that was stolen from me on the playground. I don’t even remember the who or why, just that it was my favoritest micro machine and then one day it disappeared forever :argh:

drat those things were rad though... easily one of the best toys I had growing up! I should try and find all those at my parents before the lot gets tossed. A part of me wants to go on a fleabay spending spree and get those sweet bases I always wanted

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I had the Sun Crusher space ship, which I had never heard of because I didn't really read the books. It looked boring but I managed to trade it for a battle damage Y wing

I also had an R2 D2 micro machine playset thing that opened up and became Jabba's Palace, with a rancor figure and some other stuff inside. it even had a trapdoor to drop dudes into the rancor pit. my nephews have destroyed it of course

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Action Fleets were a great series. I have a bunch but they're all still in my folks' home 3 states away. Gonna get them this summer for my son when he's old enough to play with them. Best one was the Rancor, which could literally eat a figure and poop 'em out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That rancor was rad.

I also remember that set that was Jabbas palace but had a sarlacc Pitt that you could drop figures down

Ooh and the Boba Fett head cloud city play set was awesome too. It was centered on the Vader duel and holding cell. It came with a cloud car too.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
An ex-ish friend of mine had a ton of the micro machines and action fleet stuff. Six months ago he told me he was selling them off along with some really high dollar SW collectable crap to get a bunch of BitCoin mining rigs, and asked if I wanted to buy in. So I told him no I didn't, why I didn't (in detail), and painted a vivid picture of how dumb he'd feel missing all his dumb cool poo poo while looking at the dumber useless garbage he'd bought in it's place. A month or two ago he started talking to me again and let me know how much he hated me for being right.

More on topic, has anyone got the 2010 3 1/4" scale Rancor? I have a bunch of 6" black series stuff and super want that Rancor, and I'm wondering if it'd look okay in a juvenile Rancor sense to put on the shelf with the 6" figures.

Also, I finally Snapped and pre ordered thelife sized Hot Toys baby Yoda, and the 6" Scale Snowspeeder from Hasbro.

Thanks, stimulus check.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 250 days!

CelticPredator posted:

That rancor was rad.

I also remember that set that was Jabbas palace but had a sarlacc Pitt that you could drop figures down

Ooh and the Boba Fett head cloud city play set was awesome too. It was centered on the Vader duel and holding cell. It came with a cloud car too.

based on this image, this sarlaac is being used as an outhouse by the tuskan peeps who live in that hut

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

sarlacc poo poo

DBlanK
Feb 7, 2004

Living In The Real World
Got a Vintage Kenner 83' Interceptor sitting on my desk.

It happens to be wearing a steampunk mask

Also, The Child

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Holy poo poo is the Child tiny! Like Lego mini figure tiny.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I had a good laugh when I saw that Disney and Funko put out a Werner Herzog bobblehead pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mum7MVq4kT0

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
If anyone happens to have a line on the series 5 or 6 Micro Machines blind bags let me know. The internet seems not to have many at all.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I had the micro Machines endor set that had a hill for tiny logs to roll down and the tree double battering ram setup. It was cool as gently caress. Also they made a bunch of ships that were metal and slightly bigger than standard micro machines but smaller than action fleet I think they were called titanium. Anyway those were cool as fuxk and I always wanted the mon cal cruiser one they made but it was apparently super rare and only ever saw it on ebay for huge bucks. Fuckin toys today suck balls.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The Titanium series is cool as gently caress. You can get all kinds of stuff in that line. BSG, Transformers, etc. In Star Wars stuff I have a few bits and pieces, but the really cool one I found randomly in a discount store is the Twilight from the Clone Wars. It's the weird janky kind of ship that I love from Star Wars.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

The Titanium series is cool as gently caress. You can get all kinds of stuff in that line. BSG, Transformers, etc. In Star Wars stuff I have a few bits and pieces, but the really cool one I found randomly in a discount store is the Twilight from the Clone Wars. It's the weird janky kind of ship that I love from Star Wars.

I have the BSG battle stars and they own. I really miss that line. Something similar came out when The force awakens hit theaters but it didnt last. Neca had their own version too but bigger and I got an Aliens dropship before they skyrocketed to $200+ I'm pretty sure that lines officially dead tho. Shame since they were about to come out with the Nostromo and Sulaco

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

banned from Starbucks posted:

I had the micro Machines endor set that had a hill for tiny logs to roll down and the tree double battering ram setup. It was cool as gently caress

yep I had that one, as you might expect the logs got lost quickly

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

banned from Starbucks posted:

I have the BSG battle stars and they own. I really miss that line. Something similar came out when The force awakens hit theaters but it didnt last. Neca had their own version too but bigger and I got an Aliens dropship before they skyrocketed to $200+ I'm pretty sure that lines officially dead tho. Shame since they were about to come out with the Nostromo and Sulaco
There were kind of two lines of it. They did the Matchbox ones which were a bit chonky and soft-edged, and then they also did the "Black Series" ones, which I am 90% sure are often just reboxes of old Titanium stuff TBH. I have no idea if they are still making them, but I know The Entertainer in the UK had a bunch of them on clearance at £2 each about this time last year, and it was all weird poo poo like the Zeta-class cargo shuttle which kids didn't want. Obviously I bought them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Just picked this up at the local nerd store that opened up recently. I’m gonna suspend it from the drop tile ceiling above my cubicle at work.

Battle action wing ejection!