Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

I see no one has posted this yet...

https://twitter.com/dbbm52/status/1260937247580254210

(@dbbm52 is not the idiot)

There was also a response to that tweet that said "America is basically the only place on earth where its socially acceptable to be a grown-rear end man who openly enjoys vids and pro wrestling. It's utterly mysterious."

I felt like I fell into a wormhole and was transported into a hacky 80s school comedy movie where people are still made fun of for liking video games lol

Gotta say I definitely don't think we should live in a society whereby my desire to meticulously plan out every aspect of an underground bunker for people to live in should be realized. Video games are definitely better at some things than real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm stuck on Mario not being a real game. Mario.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

oldpainless posted:

If anything I’ll be the one in the kitchen

more like oldstainless (steel cookware)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wrong thread bucko that guy owns

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Ah yes, everyone knows about the figurative corners of a circle!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I think the tweet is gone now, could only find these low quality pics.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Some fresh & local IOSM today:

https://twitter.com/roseandirvin/status/1262026494316097539

https://twitter.com/roseandirvin/status/1262029874228797441

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The person sharing this is a sweet and intelligent person, I have no idea why they're amplifying some loony in their building. For context you can now make some hideous bitmoji-like "avatar" on Facebook.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Picnic Princess posted:

Honestly though, I'm friends with Pride organizers and they're also dealing with it like grown-ups. They're brainstorming online options too. That's what people who can deal effectively with negative situations do. Conservatives should try it sometime.

Convention organizers too. Like the big nerdy gaming things, like EVO and GDQ aren't doing at hotel in person things. All the furry cons are canceling or postponing for the year, etc.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Honestly furries would probably be relatively safe, at least those in full costume, because the head would double as a face mask. As long as they stayed away from the horny, they're basically in boiler suits.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Henchman of Santa posted:

The person sharing this is a sweet and intelligent person, I have no idea why they're amplifying some loony in their building. For context you can now make some hideous bitmoji-like "avatar" on Facebook.

This person is wild but I have zero confidence that Facebook isn't using those avatars to harvest race and other demographic data that people might not self-identify on their profiles.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

BioEnchanted posted:

As long as they stayed away from the horny,

Found the problem!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Convention organizers too. Like the big nerdy gaming things, like EVO and GDQ aren't doing at hotel in person things. All the furry cons are canceling or postponing for the year, etc.

Meanwhile Gencon 2020 is still going forward

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

trickybiscuits posted:

Is this with a wire/little metal bit at the top to shape it to your nose? I added these to my homemade masks and it's a game changer.

I need to reiterate: my problem isn't that the glasses fog up, it's that if I don't keep my head perfectly level, they slide off my face because they don't have the rubber nose pads.

wizzardstaff posted:

This person is wild but I have zero confidence that Facebook isn't using those avatars to harvest race and other demographic data that people might not self-identify on their profiles.

Pretty much every scrap of data posted on social media and social media-adjacent things is being used to scrape data for a gaggle of data scientists locked in a room to figure out how to sell you toothpaste or the latest smart phone. Said metrics are then sold to other groups for more nefarious purposes, such as figuring out if you're gay and coming up with an excuse to fire you.

Assume every scrap of data is being datamined to discover some bizarre correlation between what brand of salmon you buy and your propensity to commit arson.

edit:
:discourse:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
This is going in my folder of "examples of why the phrase 'common sense' is as loving terrible as it is loving worthless."

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Len posted:

Meanwhile Gencon 2020 is still going forward

They're likely just waiting on the Governor or someone to tell them to cancel, so they can claim the insurance. If they cancel on their own, the company is on the hook for a giant hunk of change. They've delayed releasing the event calendar and sign ups.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Yawgmoth posted:

This is going in my folder of "examples of why the phrase 'common sense' is as loving terrible as it is loving worthless."

No it’s true I’m a 5G hacker and do it all the time. I can also use it to give you erectile dysfunction and make your girlfriend mad at you.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

christmas boots posted:

No it’s true I’m a 5G hacker and do it all the time. I can also use it to give you erectile dysfunction and make your girlfriend mad at you.

Printing this post off as proof. Thank you!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Chris Pistols posted:

Printing this post off as proof. Thank you!

make sure to black out your screen name in the printout. 5G hackers can use it to explode your head Scanners style

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ava/status/1261743741221527553

The important thing to remember when someone dies is mememememememe

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/ava/status/1261743741221527553

The important thing to remember when someone dies is mememememememe

Haha holy poo poo wait, is the person who died the one out of focus??? Oh my god

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Midnight Voyager posted:

Haha holy poo poo wait, is the person who died the one out of focus??? Oh my god

Yep. It’s the most transparent “make someone else’s sudden death about me” thing I’ve ever seen. Usually I just roll my eyes but holy hot drat this is above and beyond.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This woman tried to compare 30,000 flu deaths a year to 90,000 coronavirus deaths in a few months.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
she's and the whole system is the idoit because every drat flu/cold season has biz articles that say that several million $$$$s of output can be saved/not lost if we had sensible health and work policies.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/unblock_list/status/1227265024013586433

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
someone should birdpost at Donnie 's only #4.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
https://twitter.com/lilly_wachowski/status/1262104754496339968?s=20

Lilly is not the idiot here.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

It's beautiful. Thank you for this gift.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/SusieusMaximus/status/1262113158891630592

The replies are either supportive or an idiot goldmine.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

This woman tried to compare 30,000 flu deaths a year to 90,000 coronavirus deaths in a few months.

Maybe if people used vaccines, wore masks and practiced social distance we would have those flu deaths either.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

This and the "covid deaths with existing conditions shouldn't count as covid deaths" are the 2 coping strategies they use after saying the numbers aren't real.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

They're posing like they just raided the Sons of the Confederacy compound and did a little seizure of contraband.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/sineadactually/status/1262050554760617990?s=19

Bookmarking this for the next time someone doesn't know Rowling is a loving TERF.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Some car nerd tell me what model of Toyota dashboard that is where this dude feels confident making fun of a Subaru, because it looks loving ancient.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Can't wait for JKR to just completely meltdown and destroy her career and life like Glincel did

Jamie Faith has a new favorite as of 00:41 on May 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1261786701980188675