Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

not a bot posted:

The turd knight who joins you for the mission and rushes forward triggering all enemies at once. On maddening the best (and only viable I've found) solution is to set up a chokepoint where the chest is and letting the turd knight march on and suicide himself. It's silly.

he doesn't do this though? he aggroes onto the guys attacking from behind and (on maddening) suicides on them in a few turns while doing a good job keeping them occupied.

E: unless i guess you specifically cut those guys off from approaching but why would you do that

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Amppelix posted:

what's so super bad about this map

everyone seems to hate it and like sure, i don't particularly *like* it either what with its tons of empty space, but i've played worse

It's a long, completely linear map that constantly tries to interrupt your pace. You've got:
1) Two chests as side objectives, one of them in a dead end
2) Reinforcements from behind asking you to stop where you are and address them first or risk being pincered
3) Reinforcements from the front also asking you to stop where you are and send out baits who can survive the thieves who can one-round a majority of your other units (attacking on the same turn they appear, by the way)
4) Archers Poison Striking you from the sides, limiting your safe squares in an already tight corridor
5) When you think the map is over the boss changes into another form (with no save point in-between)

It kinda overstays its welcome really. Reunion at Dawn is worse (imo and for an entirely different reason) so I won't quite call it the worst map of 3H, but it's pretty down there

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just slapped a bunch of people I wanted to bench to help with Gilbert while the rest of the crew surge forward. Imo I have a bigger problem with the surprise boss at the end.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Amppelix posted:

what's so super bad about this map

everyone seems to hate it and like sure, i don't particularly *like* it either what with its tons of empty space, but i've played worse
maybe im doing something wrong but i always wind up moving around the spiral with nothing happening for literally 20 turns

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

There's a definite dead zone in that map where reinforcements basically stop and you've cleaned up about everything around you so you're just drudging the rest of your army through an empty hall way to actuall deal with the boss & the cronies you couldn't quite finish before.

If it had half as many enemies it'd be downright gaiden-esque!

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Thinking about how the snow map in Revelation would actually be fun if you just... removed the snow. Like there’s an actual decently designed map with chokepoints and poo poo that’s never used anywhere else in the game underneath the snow and it’s completely baffling

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

professor metis posted:

Same!

which is why everyone should come read my quarantine project, an fe4 LP, where you will be able to vote on who aideen marries in a few days (my schedule permitting)

My first thought was that this seemed a bit early, considering she's not even recruited yet in the LP atm, but then i remembered how many random talk events there are early on for Aideen specifically, and yeah, you do kind of need to know who you're aiming for with her pretty much from the word go.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Cattail Prophet posted:

My first thought was that this seemed a bit early, considering she's not even recruited yet in the LP atm, but then i remembered how many random talk events there are early on for Aideen specifically, and yeah, you do kind of need to know who you're aiming for with her pretty much from the word go.

She'll literally recruit herself at the start of the next update. It's not that far out.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It's a shame that Max Rank FE4 LP just died. I'm not surprised it died, mind, but you know...still.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just finished the awful emblem demo (there is not a new one, sorry, I'm just dreadfully slow at playing things) and wow! I'm very impressed and also ready for more please. the only disappointment was the lack of an early promotion item for my friend ferris

what are done of y'all's favorite fe rom hacks, finished or otherwise? the scene's really exploded in the last few years

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Looper posted:

i just finished the awful emblem demo (there is not a new one, sorry, I'm just dreadfully slow at playing things) and wow! I'm very impressed and also ready for more please. the only disappointment was the lack of an early promotion item for my friend ferris

That's because at the time there were several promoted classes that aren't inserted yet so we can't have you crashing the game when it tries to do the promotion animation.:ssh:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
revelations is the only fire emblem i've ever just put down before even finishing it. it's not great.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Hey, so we're still chugging along with MoD, one of our artists, Blaze, has just done up two portraits for Wade and Lot when they promote.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Inflammatory posted:

revelations is the only fire emblem i've ever just put down before even finishing it. it's not great.
I literally just finished the Post-Game dungeon of Echoes last night after two previous attempts ended up in failure by boredom. I think that, if you're aiming to fight everyone/collect everything, breaking it down by playing either one third each time you pick up your 3DS or something like that, because honestly, aside from Alm, Celica and Delthea being OP as gently caress and the rest of the scouting party being underleveled, Baby Grima was a total chump.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Onmi posted:

Hey, so we're still chugging along with MoD, one of our artists, Blaze, has just done up two portraits for Wade and Lot when they promote.

Wade actually looking kinda cool? Its a miracle

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Artix posted:

That's because at the time there were several promoted classes that aren't inserted yet so we can't have you crashing the game when it tries to do the promotion animation.:ssh:

some things are worth dying for...

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Onmi posted:

hey maybe i'll be able to tell them apart now

... uh, which one's which?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

i played FE6 one time and even i can tell which one is which! shameful!

lot is the brown one with the better bases and almost acceptable speed growth.

now if you asked be which one is which between bord and cord though...

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Amppelix posted:

i played FE6 one time and even i can tell which one is which! shameful!

lot is the brown one with the better bases and almost acceptable speed growth.

now if you asked be which one is which between bord and cord though...

That one's easy.

Bord is brutally cunning, while Cord is cunningly brutal. Night and day, basically.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Bord and Cord have literally identical portraits in FE1

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Cord is the one with a magic growth

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

Bord and Cord have literally identical portraits in FE1
But the hair on one goes fwoom and on the other one goes fwoosh!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Wark Say posted:

But the hair on one goes fwoom and on the other one goes fwoosh!

not in FE1, where they both look like this

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Onmi posted:

So you managed to put together some technical wizardry to make portraits change on promotion?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

not in FE1, where they both look like this

the greatest portrait in fe1 is the dolph/macellan one

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

going into ch4 of holy war and everyone but my dancer cleared the arena before I set foot outside the castle. Dew is the most completely broken character nobody talks about.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FoolyCharged posted:

going into ch4 of holy war and everyone but my dancer cleared the arena before I set foot outside the castle. Dew is the most completely broken character nobody talks about.

how did you get him out of his insanely bad start

his growths are fine his bases are just so bad

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I just kept throwing him into clumps of axe footsoldiers. The chapter he starts in gives you a church to dodge tank him up to like level 8 right from the word go.

And he's not broken in combat, he's pretty poo poo and needs to be handed fancy toys to clear the arena(Which granted he does buy and sell at cost, so it's not quite as bad as it feels)

He's broken in that everyone gets the elite ring and stuff like the brave lance in the arena from him tossing money everywhere and then smacking some dudes to get it all back and toss it to someone else.

I'm trying to decide if someone going for efficiency would rank him higher or lower than my casual run, because at this point I completely out level all opposition.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Someone at Intsys said the words "Put Nailah in a wedding dress"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tae posted:

Someone at Intsys said the words "Put Nailah in a wedding dress"

hope they got a raise

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nailah's my favorite Tellius character and easily on the top 10 for my favorite series characters so I don't know how I feel about her being in a wedding dress because her default attire was just... the loving coolest.

Like a motherfucking boss. :allears:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

and her groom to be

their art can even be aligned so they're holding hands which is real cute

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I rescind my previous statement: She still looks like a total boss.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only bad thing about Bridal Nailah is that she isn't wearing her veil hat in her wolf form.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
My ultimate moment in Radiant Dawn was getting Rolf to proc Deadeye against Nailah in 3-E and killing her in a single hit.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Hellioning posted:

The only bad thing about Bridal Nailah is that she isn't wearing her veil hat in her wolf form.

Yeah the accessory game on beast & dragon units is still severely lacking. You'll occasionally get a dragon that gets to keep their innate-accessory but they're pretty rare.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

rannum posted:

and her groom to be

their art can even be aligned so they're holding hands which is real cute

Is there anything ingame about different Laguz tribes having kids together? Beorc and Laguz is ill-advised, while different subtribes is cool (Raven/Heron birbs)

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I feel like Nailah would crush Rafiel into powder just by breathing at him too hard.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Oh wow, Nailah still looks really amazing, and Rafiel makes a cute groom. They're an adorable couple :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there anything ingame about different Laguz tribes having kids together? Beorc and Laguz is ill-advised, while different subtribes is cool (Raven/Heron birbs)
I don't think they ever mention how Nailah and Rafiel's kids would end up. IIRC with Naesala and Leanne they say the boy was a raven and the girl was a heron, so maybe Rafiel and Nailah would wind up the same way.