Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Pastry of the Year posted:

please excuse my cat made to be royalty

Ray is an American Curl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I'm re-reading achewood and the blogs for the first time in forever, it's great, and there are a ton of blog posts I missed the first time around. This is a wonderful asset for enjoying the whole thing: https://11viaverde.github.io/timeline/

accidentally tapped on the patsy cline/loretta lynch comic and omg the cutest gif appeared:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I quoted this to my then-girlfriend now-fiancee like a year ago, and she thought I was talking about the kind of shop that sold anal beads, so now we refer to any even remotely risque establishment as "the bead store"

This is my story, and also an excuse to omit two accents on two distinct "e"s in one sentence

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 16, 2020

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Yeah. It’s a toss up between this and ray finding a fifty for the funniest part of the strip but it’s an all timer lol
I think him finding the $50 is in a follow-up strip.

EDIT: oh did you mean the strip as a whole? I feel like there are some other strong contenders if so but these moments are definitely up there.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Peanut Butler posted:

I'm re-reading achewood and the blogs for the first time in forever, it's great, and there are a ton of blog posts I missed the first time around. This is a wonderful asset for enjoying the whole thing: https://11viaverde.github.io/timeline/

accidentally tapped on the patsy cline/loretta lynch comic and omg the cutest gif appeared:

STRUM
ticka
STRUM
ticka
STRUM

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

look at that first panel in the bead store strip though. you remember when The Underground was a central concept in Achewood?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Taken from another BSS thread:

Nessus posted:

Applesauce! Batman doesn't shoot spikes from his arms!
I like to say Applesauce as my swear word when around kids. Sure, Achewood didn't invent it, but Applesauce! is such a perfect Phillipe phrase.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is Nice Pete's middle name known? I know he's Peter H. Cropes but I do not recall the H.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's just H.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hesus

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
DO NOT SAY MY MIDDLE INITIAL LOOKS MEXICAN OR I'LL FEED YOUR SALTED DICK TO A DOG!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's Jesus Haploid Christ.

Probably the same for Peter Cropes.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Halloween Jack posted:

DO NOT SAY MY MIDDLE INITIAL LOOKS MEXICAN OR I'LL FEED YOUR SALTED DICK TO A DOG!
While Nice Pete has strange ideas he does not seem to have any particular racial animus, unlike Pat, who has clear, strong prejudices, and Ray, who is careless enough to marry Grace Jones. Nice Pete may legitimately be unaware of the existence of ethnic groups, given his use of George Lopez as a comparison point in his fried chicken recipe. Though he surely must have heard of them given his time in prison...

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Nice Pete will murder you all the same.

or let you touch his hog

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You dis my dog you fluff my hog

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nessus posted:

While Nice Pete has strange ideas he does not seem to have any particular racial animus, unlike Pat, who has clear, strong prejudices, and Ray, who is careless enough to marry Grace Jones. Nice Pete may legitimately be unaware of the existence of ethnic groups, given his use of George Lopez as a comparison point in his fried chicken recipe. Though he surely must have heard of them given his time in prison...

nice pete is aware of only one race, which is Alive With Eggs and Testicles

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

EBB posted:

You dis my dog you fluff my hog

i said that if you speak against Weldon then you are about to enter a world that consists entirely of tasting my hog

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

JethroMcB posted:

Also I know I've read in an interview or some Achewood retrospective somewhere that the comic actually "soft-launched" when he sent links to a bunch of friends a few weeks earlier - maybe even on September 10th - and then he decided to hold off on attempting to further publicize it given the Circumstances.

I could swear I remember that as well. It's at least mentioned at the end of this blog post: http://chrisonstad.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-achewood-shop-re-opens_1.html , but I haven't been able to find the interview where he actually tells the whole story.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Anyone else ever wonder about Pat's sister?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I hope she's living her best life

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Roast Beef lay back on the red satin bed, depression playing across his handsome features. Molly, nice, not my type, walked into the room wearing erotic lingerie with a subtle computer programming theme. She had to get back to I don't know, some crappy-assed waitress job in a few hours, but for now, the my pool house was the limits of their world.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
“The my pool house” is so beautiful. It is so good.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Sandy (female) opened the door. She held a delicate crystal Bellini coupe ($29). A man cut trees across the street. He would do, for now. She grabbed her tits.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

thrilla in vanilla posted:

“The my pool house” is so beautiful. It is so good.

"I don't know, some crappy-assed waitress job" is my favorite detail

Ray doesn't know what Molly does for a living, doesn't respect it, still includes it in the very expensive custom book he had printed.

Oh, neat! Fifty bucks!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Toebone posted:

Do you think she is still with her husband

that Ray boned

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Six times? :aaa:

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Toebone posted:

The fact that she stays away from Pat indicates that she is!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Johnny Aztec posted:

Anyone else ever wonder about Pat's sister?

I really think one of the big misses of Achewood was that we never see Pat as a kid being knuckleheads with Ray and Beef.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I really think one of the big misses of Achewood was that we never see Pat as a kid being knuckleheads with Ray and Beef.

all getting bit by a duck

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Roland and Thaddeus walked into the luxury rental suite. "Awww yeah," Roland yelled, "We gonna gay it up in THIS place! WHO WANTS TO GET THEIR GAY ON!" Thaddeus munched on a Madeira-braised chanterelle crostini and did a Bailey's. "Awww HELLZ yeah," he answered. "Let's get some fellas up here and show this room just how gay things can get!" "Rad!" yelled Roland, spooning banana compote into more Bailey's-filled shooters. "RAAAAAAAD!"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I know Onstad is a foodie and injects it heavily into the strips, but ...I have no goddamn idea what "Madeira-braised chanterelle crostini " even STARTS to be.
Like, NONE of those words (aside from "braised") mean ANYTHING to me.

Like I'm sitting on a big metal tank labeled "Le Cordon Bleu" over here

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Mushrooms browned in butter then stewed in sweet wine served on a piece of toast.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Like just...Toast? Any old toast?

No 5 word special made toast?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
No, it's a special toast, but you get the idea.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Chanterelles are not super expensive, treat yourself the next time you're at the grocery store or farmer's market, you should be able to find them dried at least in a lot of places. You can also approximate a crostini in your own home by cutting a big baguette into little rounds, brushing both sides of each piece with olive oil, and then toasting them. Now you too can soon say "Awww HELLZ yeah," with the boys.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Foodie with one hand, and with the other hand: If she is a down girl, she will eat DUDEMEAL.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 24, 2020

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ullerrm posted:

Foodie with one hand, and with the other hand: If she is a down girl, she will eat DUDEMEAL.

I've said it like half a dozen times in this thread, but "Finisher's Power Plate" is the funniest drat idea that I'm amazed isn't real in 2020

The appetizer you eat as a "cool-down" after your entree

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Taco Bell did try to invent a fourth meal of the day so

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

How Wonderful! posted:

You can also approximate a crostini in your own home by cutting a big baguette into little rounds, brushing both sides of each piece with olive oil, and then toasting them. Now you too can soon say "Awww HELLZ yeah," with the boys.

this is what i do when I eat a can of sardines and theres oil leftover

drizzle it on some kroger brand bread and pop it in the toaster

im the joker babey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

JethroMcB posted:

I've said it like half a dozen times in this thread, but "Finisher's Power Plate" is the funniest drat idea that I'm amazed isn't real in 2020

The appetizer you eat as a "cool-down" after your entree

My co-parent would get a dessert and I'd have some chips or whatnot. She'd call it my appré-tizer.