Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I loving hate the sliding move and anyone who does it should be executed for war crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

*slides by you tapping your shin with a knife, you die instantly*

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

drunken officeparty posted:

I loving hate the sliding move and anyone who does it should be executed for war crimes

same but jumping around a corner then going prone as you land

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

I got my first Warzone win :) I was playing with randos who were on private partychat so effectively was a lone wolf for most of it.

It was a lot of fun. Really like this game, but it seems like only one out of several matches reach the 'high' fun threshold, where everything just goes in a good direction with good vibes. I wonder if Apex Legends is different in that respect, haven't played it yet.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I love the slidey crouch but then I came from playing apex legends :haw:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So far I haven't minded the sliding much, I still usually get the kill if I was gonna get it normally. The corner jumpers are a lot more annoying so far (on console at least) since at range the element of surprise + difficulty tracking them makes it hard to land shots on the torso / head and if they do it up close the aim assist goes nuts.

I've run into a few people who try to do a jump into full prone and it's weird because half the time it's very effective and the other half they just flop down like a dumbass while I perforate them.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I used to be a dolphin dive king back in cod4. Now I suck and can only slide around corners and tea bag dead dudes.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I've run into a few people who try to do a jump into full prone and it's weird because half the time it's very effective and the other half they just flop down like a dumbass while I perforate them.

That's called drop shot isn't it? I thought this was a bigger thing before but has since been nerfed.. it's still kinda possible.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I jumped on last night around 9pm and just started playing Blood Money with randos. I ended up playing until 3am I was having so much fun. Nobody ever talked, but my team was top 5 more often than not, with 2nd being the best result. I lost a win for us by making a bad decision late, but oh well.

I have a Grau/RPG build that is really fun to play with (longest barrel, ranger grip, mono, stipple, tac laser). I was winning engagements from farther out than I should be getting into them, but that Grau builds confidence.

I was using Pointman on the 2nd perk. I'd always mark an area with a few contracts, we'd hit those and stack some loot while clearing any bodies.

If any of you other Chill COD Dads At The BBQ, are on Xbox shoot me a friend request highme lljk. I'm lazy about the whole getting cross platform Discord thing going.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

highme posted:

I jumped on last night around 9pm and just started playing Blood Money with randos. I ended up playing until 3am I was having so much fun. Nobody ever talked, but my team was top 5 more often than not, with 2nd being the best result. I lost a win for us by making a bad decision late, but oh well.

I have a Grau/RPG build that is really fun to play with (longest barrel, ranger grip, mono, stipple, tac laser). I was winning engagements from farther out than I should be getting into them, but that Grau builds confidence.

I was using Pointman on the 2nd perk. I'd always mark an area with a few contracts, we'd hit those and stack some loot while clearing any bodies.

If any of you other Chill COD Dads At The BBQ, are on Xbox shoot me a friend request highme lljk. I'm lazy about the whole getting cross platform Discord thing going.

Been playing lots of Warzone but haven't jumped into Blood Money yet, I might try it out after your review :)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm real good at running for a slide and then instead just crouching and dying because all my momentum stopped as I turned a corner. Just an expert at that.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That is a cod pro move called a 'dead slide'. It's called that because you stop dead and then are shot dead.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Getting killed by dropped shotters is annoying but on the flip side they look dumb as hell when they fail at it.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've never been able to slide well in this game, only game I've ever been able to successfully slide in was BF1 because they made it easy as hell to slide. Unfortunately BFV is similar to CoD where I'm just not able to slide without forcing myself to.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Inner Light posted:

That's called drop shot isn't it? I thought this was a bigger thing before but has since been nerfed.. it's still kinda possible.

I think so, I first saw it back in Battlefield 2 and it was called dolphin diving back then but now I can't remember if they're the exact same thing or if there's some minor differences between the two.

I guess if you practice a bunch at it it's probably still pretty effective but it seems like putting the same time / effort into just practicing regular stuff would have pretty much the same result. The PC players seem much better at it than console - they can do it really smoothly and laser beam your head mid dive.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Inner Light posted:

I got my first Warzone win :) I was playing with randos who were on private partychat so effectively was a lone wolf for most of it.

It was a lot of fun. Really like this game, but it seems like only one out of several matches reach the 'high' fun threshold, where everything just goes in a good direction with good vibes. I wonder if Apex Legends is different in that respect, haven't played it yet.

Get a mic, join discord. Lots of us play regularly multiple times per day.
https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’ve been playing this with my pal and as a pair we just came third on triples. So bloody close.

I was wondering. Can someone tell me if it’s possible to build a rifle as good as the oceanographer but with one of my weapons in loadout if that makes sense???

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Can you just build the gun with the same attachments and run as your main or overkill? The blueprints are only cosmetic

HDR, mono supressor, 26” barrel, variable zoom, stalker stock. You actually get one more attachment if you build it

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
HDR - mono suppressor, HDR pro barrel, tac laser, stalker-scout stock and your choice of bigger mags, sleight of hand, focus or a different scope

The mono suppressor and HDR pro barrel give you the biggest bang for range and bullet speed, and the tac laser and stock improve ads speed.

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 18, 2020

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

loving awesome thank you. It looks like I have to play an absolute ton more to get some of the options but I just really enjoyed it! It’s the best zoom I’ve come across so far. Would be even better if could do that but thermal.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
In my worthless opinion, thermals blow and are a waste of a slot. They take way too long to ADS and are countered by cold blooded. The variable zoom is probably better overall, and has a very minimal ads speed penalty.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Oh I just learned about the locked Warzone bunkers. I wonder what they'll be :D

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Got my first 13 kill Warzone game, wiped a pair of three man teams single-handed to get the money to buy my pubbies back...only to watch them both drop 300m away onto a loadout in the middle of the next circle and immediately die instead of looting the pile of corpses I was standing on top of.

At least I'm getting a bit better :shrug:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

There's a time and a place for dropshotting. It's a mechanic anyone can do and it's an arcade game where you can dual wield pistols why flying through mid air or throw a knife into someone's toe and kill them instantly while sliding around a corner like a john woo movie. It's saved me countless times and I've died to it countless times. Learning when to and not to do it is as fun as any other mechanic :shrug:

It was bad and didn't make sense in R6: Siege and they nerfed it, I really don't see them changing or nerfing it in Modern Warfare.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I loaded up MW2 last night just because i wanted to mess around in different maps. Hadnt played that in 9 years. Im not awful at the current MW, but that certainly took some time to adjust to. It still loaded in all of my old loadouts and nameplate stuff which was kinda surprising. The game holds up decently for an 11 y/o game. There is no significant recoil on anything.

I really want underpass, terminal, and estate to make it into the new MW. Rundown is pretty fun too.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Bape Culture posted:

I’ve been playing this with my pal and as a pair we just came third on triples. So bloody close.

I was wondering. Can someone tell me if it’s possible to build a rifle as good as the oceanographer but with one of my weapons in loadout if that makes sense???

The Oceanographer is worse than many self-built alternatives (no focus, low stability, non-max range, no thermals). Just level up your gun in MP, plunder or whatever you like and then kit it out in your loadouts like the other goons here suggested.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ZombieCrew posted:

I loaded up MW2 last night just because i wanted to mess around in different maps. Hadnt played that in 9 years. Im not awful at the current MW, but that certainly took some time to adjust to. It still loaded in all of my old loadouts and nameplate stuff which was kinda surprising. The game holds up decently for an 11 y/o game. There is no significant recoil on anything.

I really want underpass, terminal, and estate to make it into the new MW. Rundown is pretty fun too.

Bring back Favela.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Bring back Favela.

And 20 foot lock on knife kills :getin:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

pacerhimself posted:

In my worthless opinion, thermals blow and are a waste of a slot. They take way too long to ADS and are countered by cold blooded. The variable zoom is probably better overall, and has a very minimal ads speed penalty.

Thermals are great, nearly essential on LMGs imo. I wouldn't really bother with them on anything else.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

pacerhimself posted:

HDR - mono suppressor, HDR pro barrel, tac laser, stalker-scout stock and your choice of bigger mags, sleight of hand, focus or a different scope

The mono suppressor and HDR pro barrel give you the biggest bang for range and bullet speed, and the tac laser and stock improve ads speed.
I use the 12x zoom, you can shoot god in the face with that thing. IMO if you're worried about ADS speed you done hosed up and are engaging at too close a range.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I put a 3.5x on my HDR so I can hardscope without giving away my position.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

bUt CoNsOlE pLaYeRs GeT aIm AsSiSt...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX3IBhQamEM

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Reminder for when putting c4 on drones, to put it on the bottom of the drone so the blast area is actually useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FraDcWvvx0

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

JaySB posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't know about the contrast filters or 120 FOV and I turned them fired up a Shipment and I tell you what you can see a lot of dudes in that extra 40 degrees.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/zmW26ye.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/k7zOFts.gifv

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

JaySB posted:

Thats literally just a list of things everyone in this thread has already said. But I did like the part where he tried to make it seem like PC players are actually getting 240 FPS :jerkbag: You're looking at $2,500 on the low end for a PC that can push 240 fps in warzone reliably

It's kind of a moot point regardless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Whyt_KKoyk

TLDR: Console players in controller-only lobbies will have, on average, 2-3% of their game lobby be PC players. The same goes for PC players in M&KB lobbies. Occasionally for the sake of matchmaking it seems to throw people into 50/50 lobbies, but that seems to be fairly uncommon.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 18, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i play about 70% of my games tehse days on kb/m and im usually one of the only mouse icons in the lobby to start or if im using one of my mostly dumb builds

ive been leveling the uzi and ive actually been having fun melting people with it so it seems to be putting me in more mouse icon lobbies

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The true meta is to spend $200 on a scuf controller and a xim to plug into your PC to get aim assist, high fps, wide FOV, and contrast adjustments in Controller lobbies.

Statutory Ape posted:

i play about 70% of my games tehse days on kb/m and im usually one of the only mouse icons in the lobby to start or if im using one of my mostly dumb builds

ive been leveling the uzi and ive actually been having fun melting people with it so it seems to be putting me in more mouse icon lobbies

I don't think what I posted applies to core because my experience in core is very similar. I have noticed the time of day will affect MMR dramatically though. Morning/Mid Day is mostly controllers but after 7pm the lobbies shift to mostly PC.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 18, 2020

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

The Oceanographer is worse than many self-built alternatives (no focus, low stability, non-max range, no thermals). Just level up your gun in MP, plunder or whatever you like and then kit it out in your loadouts like the other goons here suggested.

Can I do this in Warzone somehow? I want to level up my 2 fun guns as fast as possible what is the best way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Bape Culture posted:

Can I do this in Warzone somehow? I want to level up my 2 fun guns as fast as possible what is the best way?

Double weapon XP on Shipment, usually. If you're trying to level a sniper just put a basic no magnification dot on it and kit it for compact quick ADS IMO.