Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Another Ramos banger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
This Ramos kid can hit a baseball a long way.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sydin posted:

This Ramos kid can hit a baseball a long way.
Maybe he's a AAAA hitter but there's still decent money to be made mashing dingers in Asian leagues.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

COMEBACK STATUS: SUCCESSFUL

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lol nice job choking away a six run lead Dinos.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

MORE RUNS, WENCH!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
This game actually rules.

e. ahahaha two run dinger, 10-7 Twins.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I didn't realize until I saw that Lineage 2 logo on their helmets that they're the NC Dinos, as in NCSOFT

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Why did I just now notice that there's a dog and a cat among the cardboard fans behind home plate?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Dinos got something cooking.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This game is the battle of who wants to win less

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sydin posted:

Dinos got something cooking.

Themselves?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:rip: Dinos.

That game owned.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I missed the game save for that last run

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Id really like to see scherzer or soroka pitch against these scrubs

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This umpire in the wyvern Twins game has squeezed the foreign pitcher.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
If you're a Cubs fan and aren't convinced that the Lotte Giants are the team to root for, then behold the Cubsiest loss: A walkoff balk.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If you're a Cubs fan and aren't convinced that the Lotte Giants are the team to root for, then behold the Cubsiest loss: A walkoff balk.

The pitchers face at 18 seconds is me every time a balk is called.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What's the balk? Because he lifted his foot?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

What's the balk? Because he lifted his foot?

I was thinking that but then pitchers usually disengage the rubber momentarily when pitching from the windup, so maybe not. I think it's just that he deviated from his normal windup pitching motion with that what appears to be a delayed quick pitch.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Yeah I think the problem was the quick-pitch with runners on base.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Goddamn are the Dinos hot. Gonna be 11-1 to start the season.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Roberto Ramos who looked like a pretty good hitter in the Rockies minor league system whose only 25 and playing his first season for the LG Twins is off to a red hot start.

.400/.500/.875 for a 1.375 OPS

I still don't get why a team like the Marlins didn't give him a flier. He had a .920 OPS in AAA last season.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

I still don't get why a team like the Marlins didn't give him a flier. He had a .920 OPS in AAA last season.

He was in the PCL which was playing with a loving superball last year, pretty much everybody saw a huge power increase and the lowest qualified ERA in the league was still above 4.00. He also had a 28.0% K rate and was pretty heavily platooned to only face RHP (367 PA's vs RHP, 136 vs LHP) presumably because his slashline declines significantly vs them: .250/.331/.467 with a 39% K rate. Defense also isn't so hot apparently. I also looked up some of his old MLB scouting reports the other week since I too was curious how he got passed over, and apparently even at his highest the scout consensus was that he was the quintessential AAAA hitter.

So I can kinda see why teams weren't interested in a no-glove platoon RHH who only really saw decent numbers above A+ once he saw the insanely offense-happy 2019 PCL. That said he's been a blast to watch in KBO so far and I do hope he can put on enough of a show there that he gets another opportunity in MLB.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
TSN is now re-broadcasting the ESPN coverage, and while I have to say the baseball is fun to watch, the commentary is very bad and they should feel bad.

There's just, like, random conversations going on in the background for no reason! No one gives a single gently caress about the cutouts behind home plate or what the gently caress's on your wall where you're streaming your poo poo commentary from, gently caress off and focus on the game.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Baseball commentary focusing on anything but the game itself is a tradition almost as old as the sport itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I would really like to see Na in MLB just to see how he’d do.