Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

If you win the lottery in PA, theres just the standard markup. I think the most expensive one is 250-300. Needless to say, theres alot of entries. I think, yearly, theres like 5k bottles available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Oh Alabama charges retail too ($279 for Pappy). It's just 10k of opportunity cost because that's around what you could fetch for it on the secondary market.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Costs $10k and worth $10k are totally different things. I would never buy a bottle of whiskey that costs $10k. "Worth" $10k, I would definitely drink that poo poo if I got my hands on some

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I got yelled at at the airport in Korea for taking a picture of a $50k bottle of scotch. I don’t even think that was the most expensive one.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I was drinking at a hotel bar a few years ago and they had a bottle of Macallan 25. I’ve had the 18 several times and it’s good, but I’d never tried the 25, the bottle retails for like 1,800. so I asked how much and he said $25, and I’m already drinking $17 old fashioneds so I’m like “do it”

The tab comes and he’s charging me $300 for the ounce of scotch. We went back and forth a bit, and eventually these two women nearby tell the manager that yes, they heard the bartender say it was $25 for the glass because they remembered thinking that was a ridiculous amount of money for an ounce of scotch, and so the manager ended up removing the charge from my credit card. I checked my statement like two days later and they’d actually removed the entire tab, which included another $120 worth of drinks, and anyway that’s my expensive scotch story thanks for stopping by.

E: the 25 wasn’t any better than the 18 btw

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
My buddy gave me a bottle of Macallan 12 several years ago as a birthday gift and I thought that was hot poo poo. I don't think I could justify anywhere near that much for a single drink, yikes (and I almost certainly wouldn't be able to tell the difference).

Unrelated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7agiqfuQmQ

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Protomen loving rule.

Seriously.

Their Queen live cover album is marvelous.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Protomen loving rule.

Seriously.

Their Queen live cover album is marvelous.

They've definitely improved the farther away from Mega Man they've moved.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, but I still love the megaman albums. Especially Act 2. They really nailed Breaking Out and Light Up The Night. So goddamn Meatloafy. I love it.

Good that they broke free from the schtick though. It's a limited target audience.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I can't be the only person looking forward to Act III, right??

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Any decade now.

I really don't anticipate them picking back up the megaman music, but if they do, I will buy it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Act II is a great way album to put on while on the exercised bike if you want something to drive you.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Iron man but I make it Iran 🇮🇷 man and sell it to the ayatollah for mad oil money.
I’m a couple of small doses of tincture and a bottle of champagne in but I passed every class this semester except private violin lessons is 4.5 hours past due for a final grade but that’s Uncle Sam’s problem.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I always felt sorry for all the short dudes in boot camp.

Well not really it was funny as poo poo seeing those little legs have to run around every time we crossed a street, esp since they were always furthest back :lol:

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Road guard was the usually the best. I remember volunteering for it my last few weeks because honestly you just have to lightly jog and not actually have march with super flight while they have some dumb poo poo 23yo scream at them about their failed marriage.

The only bad part about road guard was the one time super flight marched all of 8ft before inexplicably stopping so roads guards and our rope leader stood there confused the better part of a minute before the rope shot us forward so I book rear end in my dress blues because it’s a Monday eyes forward only to be screamed at to “STOP! STOP AND SALUTE HER!” Before I realize hundreds of people stood still including a number of non-commissioned officer stood still and DINDN’T salute the school house commander because they were all literally waiting for someone else to do it and that person was a road guard who was so far away they didn’t even know the commander walked out into the pavilion.

Basically when someone dies in the military it’s waaaay less likely because the enemy had good equipment or training more so than the U.S finds it cheaper to fund eternal wars to kill off its mentally handicapped.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My wife just bought 6 of these

Beer makes tummy big so my friend said buy this instead!

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
One of the best parties I ever went to was founded on shots out off a giant bottle of Kirkland Tequila because the host was trying to get rid of it because it apparently wasn’t that great.

I have premade margarita mix and tequila from the Texmex place down the street when I grabbed a family meal for finals week. I haven’t hit it super hard since I picked it up between finals week and I picked up some Champaign and fall boys from the liquor store on the way to the next family meal pick up.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

ded posted:

Beer makes tummy big so my friend said buy this instead!

I need this in my life. gently caress

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

ded posted:

Those are really good but unless you’re guzzling Margs those will last forever

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I don't know how these came up in my youtube recommendations but it's great and watching them makes me think this is what doing mushrooms must be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-IvbldJZ6k

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

RIP to a real one

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/paulbensonsucks/status/1262158583845793794

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

And they probably thought it was delicious right up until they found out what it was.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah the CEC near me has been offering takeout which was funny since Nolan Bushnell was on record saying that the pizza there was deliberately just good enough to prevent people from going somewhere else for food while the kids played games.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Chuck E. Cheese's full name is Charles Entertainment Cheese.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Dave Chappelle uses Charles Edward Cheese as a cover name when making reservations or hotel stays.

I still think that’s hilarious.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I’m a sucker for flaming hot flavored chips and Doritos came out with some. I crushed a bag of them yesterday.

My poop is the same color as the powder they use to flavor the chips.

You wanna talk about a few seconds of panic...

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Woofer posted:

I’m a sucker for flaming hot flavored chips and Doritos came out with some. I crushed a bag of them yesterday.

My poop is the same color as the powder they use to flavor the chips.

You wanna talk about a few seconds of panic...

Same thing happened to me after I drank a whole gallon of diet cherry limeade mix.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
trump fat

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

so what

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Just found out that a guy from my hometown was KIA in the next province over in Afghanistan while I was there. Woof.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i got the discord is down bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuues

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

lol its not down?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/rottenpapi/status/1264754728245682176?ref_url=http%3a%2f%2fforums.somethingawful.com%2f

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

sup mrs beanie