Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hedrigall posted:

When I was a little goon
I asked the forums “define minors for me”
“Is there a cutoff? How young is fine?”
Here’s what they said to me

Que Seraph, Seraph
That question is too skeezy
A permaban upon thee
Que Seraph, Seraph

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

When I was a little goon

Que Seraph, Seraph
A permaban upon thee
Que Seraph, Seraph

Dear Jeffrey of YOSPOS, please modify the forums to allow this to be the thread title

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Hedrigall posted:

When I was a little goon

Que Seraph, Seraph
A permaban upon thee
Que Seraph, Seraph

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Kazinsal posted:

Dear Jeffrey of YOSPOS, please modify the forums to allow this to be the thread title
4 am is approximately exactly when I'm most likely to code something stupid - I'll spare you this time but please use caution, lest your name end up cursed for 10 generations as "the inventor of tallthreads".

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

4 am is approximately exactly when I'm most likely to code something stupid - I'll spare you this time but please use caution, lest your name end up cursed for 10 generations as "the inventor of tallthreads".

:coffee:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

just let the titles break the containers and disappear off the side of the screen

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

ngl i want tallthreads now

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Just sticky a bunch of threads together dummies.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
So this isn't necessarily a saga in itself, but

quote:

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

quote:

a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle

...I've gotta know.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Isn't that just the atkins diet thread (or whatever it was called) that fyad trolled. I'm sure it's been mentioned loads.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jippa posted:

Isn't that just the atkins diet thread (or whatever it was called) that fyad trolled. I'm sure it's been mentioned loads.

I think they just want to know who the person described as a mentally ill melted candle.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, that's from the low-carb thread. The OP (or one of the other big posters, I don't remember) was losing weight in a fairly non-photogenic way. The pictures weren't great, but it's not really the part of that thread that remains notable.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Basically I'm trying to picture "melted candle" as a person and I've got nothing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

magikid posted:

Basically I'm trying to picture "melted candle" as a person and I've got nothing.

GE Cafe.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006

Well okay he doesn't look that weird--oh that's the shower drain guy nope nope nope nope

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

magikid posted:

IIRC, the guy in question had lost some weight but not gained a lot of muscle and had a lot of loose skin, so he looked sort of exaggeratedly flabby? It's been a while since I looked at that thread.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

magikid posted:

have you seen "the room" by tommy wiseau?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The melted candle man is vyst

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Since he keeps re-regging and getting perma'd, I figured it's timely to post a gif about Jon Pop that Putty made

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jon Pop is back?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

RFC2324 posted:

Jon Pop is back?

He never really left

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

Jon Pop is back?

for a limited time only in participating threads!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

for a limited time only in participating threads!

(offer void where prohibited)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RFC2324 posted:

Jon Pop is back?

I thought that since he's so short he just hides behind potted plants and watering cans like garden gnomes. Whenever we look away when weeding the flower beds he pops up from the pot with soil on his head and laments about white women in a frequency inaudible by neurotypicals

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
is jon pop the redpill neckbeard gamer youtube guy or is that a different ex goon

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

/\/\/\/\ gonna have to be more specific there

(offer void where prohibited)

Jon Pop is always the best roller coaster :allears:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

is jon pop the redpill neckbeard gamer youtube guy or is that a different ex goon

pretty sure you're throwing darts at a board the size of a small municipality

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Does anyone have a link to his original account’s rap sheet?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Someone made a list of some of his accounts.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2572

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Well, he posted the "gently caress YOU KKKRACKERS" thread in GBS that got gassed under the username somethingrofl. The post that cracked (lol) me up was this one:

quote:

I LIVE GTA MOTHERFUCKER

jon pop is good now

LEAVE HIM THE gently caress ALONE

Here's the thread if you want to see the full meltdown

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923401

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bogus Adventure posted:

Well, he posted the "gently caress YOU KKKRACKERS" thread in GBS that got gassed under the username somethingrofl. The post that cracked (lol) me up was this one:

God drat almost any of those posts would make an awesome T-shirt

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Bogus Adventure posted:

I thought that one was Seraph84. God it’s so hard to keep track when two perma’d users go on rereg sprees at the same time.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I just love that "jon pop is good now" dropped in the middle of the all caps rant

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

I just love that "jon pop is good now" dropped in the middle of the all caps rant

It's like Pee-wee saying "I say we let him go!" in a weird falsetto out of the corner of his mouth when he's about to get murdered by an entire biker bar

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

It's like Pee-wee saying "I say we let him go!" in a weird falsetto out of the corner of his mouth when he's about to get murdered by an entire biker bar

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
IIRC Jon Pop posted his height and it's exactly average for African-American males.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

a kitten posted:

He's no longer new, but it still both amuses me and weirds me out how Slenderman spread out from here.

Today he showed up in a cool PBS video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBVn4SzvImo

I'm reading this right now:
Slender Man Is Coming: Creepypasta and Contemporary Legends on the Internet (link goes to kindle edition). Actual published academic research (in the field of folklore & mythology) that uses the slender man phenomenon to propose and discuss features/aspects of the modern collaborative online creation of mythologies. Sometimes dry, but pretty interesting to see that slender man is "important" in a sense beyond just its popularity/renown in the current culture.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Why's the Chessex thread taunting me - appearing like it's back but not giving me any more dice news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

dwarf74 posted:

Why's the Chessex thread taunting me - appearing like it's back but not giving me any more dice news?

A post might be stuck, it happens sometimes. If you make a post you can free the ghost!