Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Yeah but for less than $10000 you could have like an entire LeMons race all to yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yeah but for less than $10000 you could have like an entire LeMons race all to yourself.
Where are you having this race if you could not secure the land?

And in reality, average lemons car is like 3 - $5,000 after all safety gear

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/indianapolis-2004-crown-vic-custom/7114615187.html

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Free cardboard!

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Someone forgot to tell him that you should replace the CAD with actual metal when you are done. :/

Seriously though, why? I get it's fun to fabricate etc, but it will end up like this in 99.9% of cases. Even if it's done it'll look like poo poo.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

MrOnBicycle posted:

Someone forgot to tell him that you should replace the CAD with actual metal when you are done. :/

Seriously though, why? I get it's fun to fabricate etc, but it will end up like this in 99.9% of cases. Even if it's done it'll look like poo poo.

vision exceeds capabilities and dedication

and or drugs

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I don't think it's drugs, the add is well written and to the point.

If somebody gets him down to about a grand it's not a bad deal to put an old truck body on.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
so much good, so much bad:
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/troutdale-1990-toyota-4runner-turbo/7125439023.html

kinda hard to tell the condition from the amazing photos tho

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3109574669074472/

Those are Baja California (i.e. Mexico) plates. The ad does at least mention this, but I don't know how "easy" it is to get CA registration of a BC car.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

“It’s really easy to X” yeah? Then why didn’t you do it yourself?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

cause the seller for sure lives in TJ and is only listing it in San Diego because they expect more money from gringos north of the border. Good luck getting a carbureted 1980 engine to pass CA smog.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 22, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i guarantee you that car won't pass smog in CA

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

I'm sure convertible Dodge pickups are someone's kink:
https://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/d/waters-1989-dodge-dakota-pick-up/7127887653.html

Considering it's a Michigan truck, way less rust that I would have expected.
There is something I like about the idea of a convertible pickup.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
The truck for those too fancy for an el Camino

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Running boards are structural :haw:

I remember when those things were new, they were rare then. I can't even remember the last time I saw one.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
If you are going to buy one of those convertible Dakotas buy one of the two that are always on our local Craigslist rather than a northern one

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
Wait that's not a mod, it's factory?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

taqueso posted:

Wait that's not a mod, it's factory?

IIRC it was aftermarket, but not just some guy chopping off the roof. It was a legit, if short lived conversion.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

wesleywillis posted:

IIRC it was aftermarket, but not just some guy chopping off the roof. It was a legit, if short lived conversion.

Usually if part of the top of the car is missing or altered it's ASC.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

Some more info. 1989-1991 option in partnership with American Sunroof Corporation:
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/1989-91-dodge-dakota-sport-convertible/

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

It almost looks ok in this shot, except for the huge lump of fabric

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Didn't Shelby get his hands on some of the convertible Dakotas? I know he did some flavor of them.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Chevy SSR: Am I joke to you?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Coredump posted:

Chevy SSR: Am I joke to you?

very much yes

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Why not just do a removable hardtop like they had with the Jeep?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

nadmonk posted:

Some more info. 1989-1991 option in partnership with American Sunroof Corporation:
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/1989-91-dodge-dakota-sport-convertible/

quote:

The 1989–91 Dodge Dakota Sport convertible was the drop-top no one wanted

Lol........

My brother wanted one though..... Still lol.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It feels like the execution of the top could have been better. I had a friend that had one, and he took the actual top off during the summer and did a bikini top from the roll bar to the header.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Feels like potential gold, lovely paint but nice interior, almost wish I was in the market for something:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/174730306747879/

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I've already got one

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Think they'd take a trade for something?

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.
Holy crap, a '71 Pantera.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/d/tacoma-lot-detomaso-pantera-lucky/7116647524.html

• Highly Desirable first year Chrome Bumper Model.
• Numbers Matching 351 Cleveland V-8 Engine
with 330 HP. Highest horsepower rates from factory.
• 5-Speed ZF Manual Transmission.
• Yellow Exterior over Black Interior.
• Designed by Italian Company Ghia.
• Upgraded Cooling System -
New AC System installed by PMI.
• Runs Smooth with Excellent
Performance and Handling.

The 1971 model year had the highest HP rating of the 4 model years imported by Ford (1972 had 266 HP).With a Ford V8 and the same ZF transmission as the GT40, it was considered by Ford to be the road going version of the extremely rare GT40. Sold in the Lincoln/Mercury showrooms in the US. A 5 star investment with huge upside potential.

Loved by speed freaks, gear heads and aficionados around the world. One of the stars of the show.

Lucky Collector Car Auction May 30th & 31st, 2020.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Dr. Memory posted:

Holy crap, a '71 Pantera.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/d/tacoma-lot-detomaso-pantera-lucky/7116647524.html

• Highly Desirable first year Chrome Bumper Model.
• Numbers Matching 351 Cleveland V-8 Engine
with 330 HP. Highest horsepower rates from factory.
• 5-Speed ZF Manual Transmission.
• Yellow Exterior over Black Interior.
• Designed by Italian Company Ghia.
• Upgraded Cooling System -
New AC System installed by PMI.
• Runs Smooth with Excellent
Performance and Handling.

The 1971 model year had the highest HP rating of the 4 model years imported by Ford (1972 had 266 HP).With a Ford V8 and the same ZF transmission as the GT40, it was considered by Ford to be the road going version of the extremely rare GT40. Sold in the Lincoln/Mercury showrooms in the US. A 5 star investment with huge upside potential.

Loved by speed freaks, gear heads and aficionados around the world. One of the stars of the show.

Lucky Collector Car Auction May 30th & 31st, 2020.

80-90k dollar car

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

There are a ton of hoops to jump through bleeding the coolant system on those.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

^Interesting to know but literally the least of my concerns if the opportunity came up to own one.

There was one semi-local to me, looked just like that, yellow for $50K :canada: moonbux about 5 years ago. I think it was a 72 though.

I could have stretched it to make it work and drat I knew at the time I shouldn't have passed it up. Oh well, probably would have ended my marriage, so there is that I suppose?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Oh sure, just some odd bit of trivia I read years back. It was something like raising the front of the car way up, stand on one leg, etc. and even then that worked like half of the time. Only was reminded from that ad that it had improved cooling system. Yet somehow I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. Cars will do that to you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It a fiero!

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/d/indianapolis-1988-fiero-artero-kit-car/7126120895.html

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

OMG lol. Go to that pisafierohq.com and get a load of these kits. It's like going back in time to 1990. This Artero is probably the best one. The Jalapeno is pure WTF but people do offroad Miatas so... The ZR2 is seriously idiotic, why in hell would anyone want a :krad: mini C4 Vette?

The more I keep looking at the Jalapeno the more I think I would totally rallycross that bitch just for shits.

Joe Mama fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 2, 2020

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Joe Mama posted:

OMG lol. Go to that pisafierohq.com and get a load of these kits. It's like going back in time to 1990. This Artero is probably the best one. The Jalapeno is pure WTF but people do offroad Miatas so... The ZR2 is seriously idiotic, why in hell would anyone want a :krad: mini C4 Vette?

The more I keep looking at the Jalapeno the more I think I would totally rallycross that bitch just for shits.

If nothing else, the Artero and Scorpion kits are at least cohesive designs and complete looking. So many kit cars look like the ends were designed by two different people, or they got 3/4s through the design and just gave up towards the rear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
The XTC (lol) being designed by a "Maserati dealer" and not someone who actually went to a design school is pretty self evident.

I've said it before, but kit car owners are an odd bunch.