Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

A very close call from imgur's front page.

Don't loving wear gloves around power tools, kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ah this degloving thing doesn't seem so bad.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Kith posted:

A very close call from imgur's front page.

Don't loving wear gloves around power tools, kids.

Thin Nitriles are fine. Those look pretty thick, and the rubber-dipped cloth ones are a TERRIBLE idea. I don't use them when woodworking, but I sure do when milling or using the lathe on metal. It keeps the cutting oil and razor sharp chips from slicing me up. I'll take my chances, I guess.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yea depending on the material and cutting fluids the super thin nitrites are still ok and definitely worth the risk. I usually go without them but if I'm using a lot of fluid or having to hold stuff on a wet saw for like a 5 minute long cut I definitely use them.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A COVID-19 patient in Russia fell out of a window and died :cripes:

Maybe it's some kind of local strain of the virus or something...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

A COVID-19 patient in Russia fell out of a window and died :cripes:

Maybe it's some kind of local strain of the virus or something...

Got a news report?

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

I.... I didn’t know this was possible. I guess the trailers aren’t that heavy?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

snugglz posted:

Just pump more air in the tires!

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

snugglz posted:

They're aluminum except for the axle and wheels. A trailer for a 12-15 ft boat is only going to be like 500lbs.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

It's just riding on the bottom of the lake.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Lou Takki posted:

Yeah that operator is very good but I'd still be nervous with those kids getting so close to the bucket.

Was half "oh god one of those kids is ganna get domed so hard" and "god drat that guy has got SKILLS"

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I wasn't looking very closely at the size of the bucket or how much dirt was in it at the start of the video, so I thought he was going to absolutely bury those toys under a full yard of soil and then the kids would be like, "Uhh, oh, that's not...umm..."

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Bad Munki posted:

I wasn't looking very closely at the size of the bucket or how much dirt was in it at the start of the video, so I thought he was going to absolutely bury those toys under a full yard of soil and then the kids would be like, "Uhh, oh, that's not...umm..."

Same

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I initially watched with the sound off and realizing I could turn it on moved that video from :3: to :kimchi:

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Edit: Image-link is hosed for some reason. Click that poo poo.

aas Bandit fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 18, 2020

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

aas Bandit posted:

I really thought the dude at the beginning was trying to do some kind of rap star pose in front of the elevator for some reason, then LOL.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

aas Bandit posted:

right-click > copy link > paste link > post

https://i.imgur.com/hnVfrQs.mp4

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

haveblue posted:

I initially watched with the sound off and realizing I could turn it on moved that video from :3: to :kimchi:

Chrome suddenly stopped displaying the controls for embedded mp4s by default and it's really pissing me off

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You have to right click and enable them in firefox too. It's really dumb. Let gifs be gifs and let videos have controls.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

This is amazing. Its probably putting a shitload of more stress than an engine is supposed to take when you're driving a boat, but gawddamn, this guy probably has enough money to finance the stupidity.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

A White Guy posted:

This is amazing. Its probably putting a shitload of more stress than an engine is supposed to take when you're driving a boat, but gawddamn, this guy probably has enough money to finance the stupidity.

I've seen this done on purpose.
Owner had a nice lake house, but no access to the shoreline of the property, like a wall of trees, the house, and a vertical drop of 6+' level of "no access". Owner wanted to trailer the boat out of the water for the winter without paying for a helocopter. Owner contracts local marine company to bring a trailer over, but of course, they've got to fit the trailer to the boat. Take boat to marina, fit trailer, then what? ... ^^^ That was how they got the trailer to the property. If it were me, I'd have gotten a deck barge or a landing craft to bring it over, but... if it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

sharkytm posted:

if it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.

new thread title please

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

sharkytm posted:

I've seen this done on purpose.
Owner had a nice lake house, but no access to the shoreline of the property, like a wall of trees, the house, and a vertical drop of 6+' level of "no access". Owner wanted to trailer the boat out of the water for the winter without paying for a helocopter. Owner contracts local marine company to bring a trailer over, but of course, they've got to fit the trailer to the boat. Take boat to marina, fit trailer, then what? ... ^^^ That was how they got the trailer to the property. If it were me, I'd have gotten a deck barge or a landing craft to bring it over, but... if it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.

What.

So she winched the trailer out of the water and just had it hanging out on her beach?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You could build a lean-to or something up against the cliff for it, rather than leaving it out on the beach.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Platystemon posted:

What.

So she winched the trailer out of the water and just had it hanging out on her beach?

Not a woman. And they used a winch in their very nice boat house to haul it out. Probably could have used a custom-built rolling sled or something, but a trailer was quicker and cheaper. :shrug:

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

Must be related to this guy
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kVIJo_1569736006

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

what do you even do in these senarios?

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Drink until the boat moves normally.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Along the lines of Russian narrated video involving boats
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CrBRn_1589117906

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know if I should be surprised, but Liveleak popped up a fake alert claiming to be a "McAfee Renewal Notice."

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

LiveLeak is a good use case for a content blocker.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://i.imgur.com/gl8RjlQ.mp4

wow

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't know if I should be surprised, but Liveleak popped up a fake alert claiming to be a "McAfee Renewal Notice."

That sucks. I got to meet some lonely singles in My Town!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

yikes

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

starkebn posted:

right-click > copy link > paste link > post

Yeah, I did that. I checked your post, and it's exactly the same thing I posted the first time. It wasn't showing up (either preview or in the real post) at the time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

No way was that not deliberate.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

isn't that a guaranteed conversation with the FAA?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are we sure that isn't Jerry?

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

RandomPauI posted:

Are we sure that isn't Harrison Ford?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

sharkytm posted:

if it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.

If it's stupid and it works, it's stupid and it works