Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Imagine reading this comic right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh, it's a stand that sells a variety of potions

I read on the sign it cures hearing loss, so I decided to immediately take one and drink it without paying in full view of the owner, and additionally, I will checking to see if it's actually the potion that does what I want, since, as previously stated, they sell a variety of potions

It tastes bad so I threw the bottle and ran away! That's a pretty weird thing to do, but I've already made like 3 inexplicable weird decisions in the past few seconds, so hey, why not go for broke?

Am I actually this dumb, or am I just really, really badly written? Dunno!

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 18, 2020

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Ask yourself, is he running off to clean his ears, take a poo poo, or gently caress?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Did he pay? The vendor might be clutching some deegan bux

Goddamn that’s some LOoking for Group turt ruin-any-atmosphere-with-a-gag drek

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

the yeti posted:

Did he pay? The vendor might be clutching some deegan bux

Goddamn that’s some LOoking for Group turt ruin-any-atmosphere-with-a-gag drek

Oh yeah, maybe. I forgot they use paper money in this rural fantasy world, lol

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
So. Snout is both Deaf and an idiot. I mean, it’s a bold move to upgrade your protagonist to “eats paint” level of critical thinking.
I just thought he was bad around other people and easily manipulated.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Mookie's sense of humor is stuck at elementary school level, much like his protagonist.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Is this based on current events.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

quoting for new page.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Well then that's it, Potion Seller. I'll go elsewhere. I'll go elsewhere for my potions.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
In a perfect world comics like this would not exist

But this is not a perfect world...

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I understood that reference!

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
drat, that's a quality edit.

How does Mookie whiff this incredibly easy joke? Have Snout quaff the offensive anti-deafness potion, then run out and the label says he took the diarrhea one instead. This is basic poo poo. Or it could have been. Snout has a spasm of illiteracy in between panels here.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

well, it is nice that he was trying new things, but i see we have returned to the white void

i like the default photoshop texture on the sign text, i use that texture every time i'm feeling lazy lol

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

well gently caress

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

I know there are more pressing things to complain about, but how come this mongrelfolk's signs are spelled correctly with normal syntax? What's the ratio of normal mongrelfolk to cheeseburger mongrelfolk?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Invisible Clergy posted:

I know there are more pressing things to complain about, but how come this mongrelfolk's signs are spelled correctly with normal syntax? What's the ratio of normal mongrelfolk to cheeseburger mongrelfolk?

Somebody posted a tweet pages ago where Mookie said while some mongrelfolk use cheezburger speak slang exclusively there are ones who only use "proper" (his words) english.

Ague Proof posted:

Is this based on current events.

Mookie would be the guy to hear about parents force feeding their kids with autism bleach and adapting that as a guy who's deaf being dumb enough to drink chemicals without reading them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:golfclap:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I love the CURES HEARING LOSS in big bold letters, because of course the sign is made for him, the protagonist.

Everything is just so loving dumb.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I am gaining no joy from watching this train wreck. Why am I still here?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

To make fun of Mookie and because it's something to do in quarantine with the only other people in the world who care about dominic deegan and are also willing to admit dominic deegan is the worst.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i thought dominic deegan was your favourite web comic

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

My favorite part was when it ended and I was safe for about ten years.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Invisible Clergy posted:

drat, that's a quality edit.

How does Mookie whiff this incredibly easy joke? Have Snout quaff the offensive anti-deafness potion, then run out and the label says he took the diarrhea one instead. This is basic poo poo. Or it could have been. Snout has a spasm of illiteracy in between panels here.

sure, but that would mean there still is an anti deafness potion and mookie would have to waste even more of our time to show that it's earwax remover to justify the gimmick artistic challenge. silver linings

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Penultimate panel: book under right arm, potion in left hand

Final panel: book not visible, right arm throwing potion

luv too swap hands before throwing something in disgust

alternatively, good job defenestrating your loving journal as well you goober

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

God I wish it was an actual anti-deafness potion. For a moment I thought that mookie decided to say "gently caress it" and just get rid of any pretense that this is a dialogueless comic.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Thing is, it could still effectively be “dialogueless” if Snout still can’t understand what everyone is saying... because how they speak is dramatically different from how he’s always sounded words out in his head. Like, he thinks it’s Chaucer-era pronunciations.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Regalingualius posted:

Thing is, it could still effectively be “dialogueless” if Snout still can’t understand what everyone is saying... because how they speak is dramatically different from how he’s always sounded words out in his head. Like, he thinks it’s Chaucer-era pronunciations.

Chaucer nothing, why would he associate any sounds with any words?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Joe Slowboat posted:

Chaucer nothing, why would he associate any sounds with any words?

He just knew.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

If he could lip-read he'd associate certain mouth shapes with letters and words, but he doesn't even do that. Which isn't to say deaf people who don't lip-read aren't valid or whatever, just I don't think Mookie really put any thought into this.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

PetraCore posted:

If he could lip-read he'd associate certain mouth shapes with letters and words, but he doesn't even do that. Which isn't to say deaf people who don't lip-read aren't valid or whatever, just I don't think Mookie really put any thought into this.

Please. Snout-read.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

PetraCore posted:

I heard people with hearing difficulties often subconsciously learn to lip read and that the current face mask situation is causing them problems.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I heard people with hearing difficulties often subconsciously learn to lip read and that the current face mask situation is causing them problems.

My sample size is one but yeah, I know someone whose difficulty processing changes dramatically depending on if they can see the speakers face or not, volume staying the same

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I imagine the extremely nonstandard face shapes and expressions of Mookie’s art would also pose a challenge, not to mention Snout’s only known contact before the story began was a weird tentacle creature.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

https://twitter.com/starpowercomic/status/1262415059667554306

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Garth posted:

I’ve grown so very much as an artist. Go back and look at those first couple pages of Star Power. Pretty good, right? Now set them next to the last handful? Ho-lee-poo poo. I don’t think I’m being egotistical when I say this, but I have become so drat good at this whole comic thing. And I wouldn’t have seen that growth without the years and the pressure to produce content at the rate that I have for Star Power. Considering the quality, the update schedule we’ve maintained has been truly insane. However, Star Power has never managed to capture a large enough audience to make it a sustainable endeavor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its incredible how flat he’s managed to make the body while the boobs just pop right out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

A couple pages previous to that one:

:stare: