Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

take a snapshot of whoever is questioning you, turn the camera off briefly, move out of the frame and when you turn it back on it’s their frozen face responding back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

MononcQc posted:

take a snapshot of whoever is questioning you, turn the camera off briefly, move out of the frame and when you turn it back on it’s their frozen face responding back

do this but give it the clutch cargo treatment

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Make sure to be an awful witness on direct and then just vociferous and exculpatory on cross

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

they're opening up businesses around me, but we're at about 1-2 cases a day and they're being really cautious about it so i think we should hopefully be ok. critically though, we just made masks mandatory whenever people are in stores, which makes me feel much better, safer about going out for supplies. the few times i went out in new hampshire, there were a bunch of people without masks being dipshits. so that's nice. apparently you have to mandate it to get people to take basic precautions to keep each other from dying, if the danger isn't directly observable

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my daughter wanted to try my Indian food so I gave her a tiny amount even tho it was pretty spicy. she immediately demanded more and stuffed it into her face, then coughed and drank a bunch of milk, then demanded a third helping.

now I get my Indian and Thai food medium+ instead of hot+ so we can share :3: it owns to have a lil food buddy because my wife doesn’t eat anything with flavour beyond garlic and black pepper.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

this was our lunch prep the other day, for a meal for two people. in this house we don’t tolerate blandness

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
if you need a giant stack of extra hot spices to appreciate your food it's probably bad to begin with

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

actually it tastes even better that way

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I stopped using garlic in my own cooking because I got sick of my food stinking true story

but yeah basically you can’t heat up food at work that has onions or garlic etc unless you want all the drugs to taste like farts for three days

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Broken Machine posted:

they're opening up businesses around me, but we're at about 1-2 cases a day and they're being really cautious about it so i think we should hopefully be ok. critically though, we just made masks mandatory whenever people are in stores, which makes me feel much better, safer about going out for supplies. the few times i went out in new hampshire, there were a bunch of people without masks being dipshits. so that's nice. apparently you have to mandate it to get people to take basic precautions to keep each other from dying, if the danger isn't directly observable

people have lots of trouble with things that require distributed cooperative action that they may not observe a large group participating in

like not littering, or staying on trails, or not touching things, or climate change, or basically not being destructive assholes

because it’s just them doing it this one time or just rarely so it’s totally ok and then thousands of them think the exact same thing

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

people have lots of trouble with things that require distributed cooperative action that they may not observe a large group participating in

like not littering, or staying on trails, or not touching things, or climate change, or basically not being destructive assholes

because it’s just them doing it this one time or just rarely so it’s totally ok and then thousands of them think the exact same thing
https://twitter.com/cspamus1/status/1262630984962301953?s=21

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

whoever runs that account just spends all day touching the poop by copying posts from cspam, it's incredibly shameful

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
28 more work days until my RSU cliff.

Not sure yet what I'll be counting towards after I finally get it. Maybe just until individual paychecks. Favorable long term capital gains treatment is too far away to start that.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I've wasted my entire life just mindlessly counting days until some arbitrary date in the future. :(

Just need to continue this charade for another 6 or so years until I maybe have enough money saved that I never need to work again!

Methanar fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 19, 2020

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Methanar posted:

28 more work days until my RSU cliff.

Not sure yet what I'll be counting towards after I finally get it. Maybe just until individual paychecks. Favorable long term capital gains treatment is too far away to start that.
count down days until 19 january 2038

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Methanar posted:

I've wasted my entire life just mindlessly counting days until some arbitrary date in the future. :(

big mood, buddy

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

FMguru posted:

assuming we don't all die of climate change first there's gonna be one hell of a consulting market for this in 10-15 years

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

FMguru posted:

that's going to be epoch

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

FMguru posted:

this is going to be a fun day.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

but for me, it was tuesday

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hell, same

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Methanar posted:

Nothing makes me happy anymore

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
dEwinE said gently caress it today and said just do whatEvEr so this long wEEkEnd should sEt a fantastic shitshow for junE 10

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
open up this weekend, kill a bunch of people in two weeks. june 10 re-lockdown, lift after a week. Enormous death toll right on the 4th of july, which is when the civil war starts

strap in friends

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
aren't they projecting meat shortages this weekend

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

aren't they projecting meat shortages this weekend

not in my apartment :smug:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

open up this weekend, kill a bunch of people in two weeks. june 10 re-lockdown, lift after a week. Enormous death toll right on the 4th of july, which is when the civil war starts

strap in friends

the BFE states that secede over their demand to be able to not wear a mask at walmart will call it "re-independence day", calling it now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

is this term racist btw? i've only heard it as "bumfuck egypt" and, well, i usually substitute it with "bumfuck nowhere."

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

can’t predict something that’s ongoing

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

oh is that why your partner invited me over?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

is this term racist btw? i've only heard it as "bumfuck egypt" and, well, i usually substitute it with "bumfuck nowhere."

it's old military slang so yeah probably

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

it is butt gently caress egypt, but it applies to anywhere that no one lives and there's nothing to do. i dont think its specifically racist towards the egyptian people and their flyover areas

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the real life desert isn’t as good as the desert in assassins creed origins in which the desert is small and cute

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

graph posted:

dEwinE said gently caress it today and said just do whatEvEr so this long wEEkEnd should sEt a fantastic shitshow for junE 10

sticking by my plans of voluntarily avoiding all the dumbos going out rn. columbus has people lining up to pack into restaurants so yeah, its gonna be another wave soon

they have the capacity, i guess??? half the people in our neighborhood dont get the concept of masks or distances of more that two feet anyways so this is just fast tracking their lax behavior

ive been putting off my monthly allergy shots and was trying to weigh the risk of going right away or waiting until june since im behind by two months now. guess I'll wait because i know people werent respecting the 'don't get your treatments when sick' requirement before, so why should they start now

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

really glad that most of pittsburgh is still mostly shut down so none of those idiots will be tempted to come over here. on the other hand a lot of idiots in pittsburgh will probably be tempted to go out there and bring it back

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

baker released plans for "reopening" massachusetts. an awful lot is staying the same, some of it is ok, some of it is very dumb. like hair salons and barbers can reopen. the guidelines for doing so are basically use hospital levels of PPE and change out everything between customers...but loving lol if anyone's gonna actually do that 100%.

the bulk of the country seems to be moving towards ill-advised premature and sloppy reopening so yeah, i'm still staying holed up and letting my hair grow out a while longer (i'd buzz cut it or something right now but i've never let it grow before so hey let's experiment! results so far: this sucks lol)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PIZZA.BAT posted:

really glad that most of pittsburgh is still mostly shut down so none of those idiots will be tempted to come over here. on the other hand a lot of idiots in pittsburgh will probably be tempted to go out there and bring it back

and to think a bit back ohio was telling pa residents not to sneak here to buy booze so they wouldnt bring it here 😑

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

SO DEMANDING posted:

i'm still staying holed up and letting my hair grow out a while longer (i'd buzz cut it or something right now but i've never let it grow before so hey let's experiment! results so far: this sucks lol)

i found my old clippers from college and did a light tapered trim to the sides and back, but didnt quite go for the top yet since i can still part it in a convincingly normal way. at the worst ms vector will try to trim the top and I'll clip it to 1 inch if that looks goofy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Sagebrush posted:

it's not racist, but you can just replace the "egypt" part with any place thats far away.

it just refers to some place in the middle of nowhere. originates from the military in the 70s.

i haven't heard it pronounced in forever, it's just been "BFE" around here for ages.