Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Hell is there a Pro Joe reddit or anything? I just can't imagine people have anything good to say about Sleepy Joe.

yeah its called r/politics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bananaquiter posted:

I too have become worries I will be swayed by the siren song of Joe's enlightened and well thought proposals out to handle Covid such as, um?

Getting everyone together in a room! No wait that's bad.
Go vote? No that can't be it.
A return to normal? No not that one.

joes covid plan has been to say that he hopes trump figues it out and he's willing to help trump

Declan MacManus posted:

gently caress man is this really the best the democratic party has to offer? there aren’t any centrist dipshits out there with like an ounce of charisma and the ability to both not rape and stay awake through a town hall meeting?

klobb and pete have the john kerry version of "charisma" that hasn't appealed to voters for a decade which is why they ate poo poo

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

gently caress man is this really the best the democratic party has to offer? there aren’t any centrist dipshits out there with like an ounce of charisma and the ability to both not rape and stay awake through a town hall meeting?

What is it with you lefties and your purity tests? Ok so now they have to have charisma and not rape and stay awake? Anything else you want to add to your list? Next you'll be expecting them to represent you in congress and fulfill basic campaign promises. Sorry but some of us live in the real world :smug:

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Sure joe biden has co-signed all of the worst policy along with the republicans and was the chosen figure of the boot on the face of the left, eliminating the idea of compromise while the democrats fully align themselves with the republican party while shielding themselves by saying they don't like trump

but!

he would be 2% better than trump so

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Shear Modulus posted:

joes covid plan has been to say that he hopes trump figues it out and he's willing to help trump

klobb and pete have the john kerry version of "charisma" that hasn't appealed to voters for a decade which is why they ate poo poo

i was only 13 when he was campaigning but was john kerry considered charismatic at the time? i thought dean was the guy that was considered the charmer before his voice cracked and the establishment decided it was their time to move in and crush the opposition

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

im not sure but i think the fact "charisma" is in quotes indicates they did not actually mean charisma

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Kerry had no charisma. I remember Clark being particularly charismatic, but he did a scream thing at one of his rallies and that was bad for reasons.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah like this could have been Joe’s time to shine (lol) but he’s literally done not a drat thing to prove he’d do any sort of better job at this poo poo.

Him being radio silent on the matter is just par for the course.

Just LMAO if you think he’d have done a better job than trump is doing.

Remember, a crucial part of Biden's campaign is that attention is actually a negative thing. I think they were trained wrong, as a joke.

quote:

You can see this really well in media mentions in the top paragraph of stories, as measured by NewsLibrary.com. Four years ago from March 20 to April 20, Trump had about 65% of the mentions between Hillary Clinton and him. This year during the same period, Trump's gotten about 90% of the coverage dedicated to Biden or him. That is, Biden's turned a 2:1 disadvantage into a 9:1 disadvantage.

You would think that this would be a disaster for Biden. It's not happening.

Unless something changes dramatically, Biden is likely only to lose if the media attention comes back to him. Trump better hope that Biden starts getting some of the limelight. That won't guarantee a Biden loss, but it'd give Trump a shot.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1262419140821651456

imagine voting for any democrat after this, lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
NoJoe today.
NoJoe tomorrow.
NoJoe forever.

I mean, it makes sense to steal segregation rhetoric to oppose a segregationist because Joe Biden is terrible.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zvahl posted:

lmao at the whiplash going from the Pink Pussy hat ineffective liberal women marches to saying "Believe Women!" is actually something that supports the alt-right.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the_steve posted:

poo poo, just go to the General Election thread, there's a couple Biden stans doing exactly that.

hahahah

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
today i will not vote for rapist joe biden

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Iron Crowned posted:

Kerry had no charisma. I remember Clark being particularly charismatic, but he did a scream thing at one of his rallies and that was bad for reasons.

The media is far more influential in picking the president than voters. I wonder who they'll pick this time.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

im not sure but i think the fact "charisma" is in quotes indicates they did not actually mean charisma

certainly but reality and pundit consensus have a way of diverging radically, i was just curious if kerry was considered charismatic the same way that biden is now somehow considered stately

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I'm pissed at Kirios

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A personal upside to refusing to support Joe: All of my coworkers are MAGAchuds. They have thus far accepted me as one of their own through years of careful deflection and non-answers when anyone brings up politics. Now though, I can honestly say "Joe Biden can gently caress right off" instead of having to find some way to change the topic to something else.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the_steve posted:

A personal upside to refusing to support Joe: All of my coworkers are MAGAchuds. They have thus far accepted me as one of their own through years of careful deflection and non-answers when anyone brings up politics. Now though, I can honestly say "Joe Biden can gently caress right off" instead of having to find some way to change the topic to something else.

I know at work at least there's common ground for things like laughing about Hunter Biden's weird family budget(100k on strippers and drugs) or how he married his dead brother's wife.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

etalian posted:

I know at work at least there's common ground for things like laughing about Hunter Biden's weird family budget(100k on strippers and drugs) or how he married his dead brother's wife.

Rich people's kids are such freaks

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

the_steve posted:

PREDATOR HANDSHAKE MEME:

LEFT ARM: Sanders siblings

RIGHT ARM: MAGA chuds

CLASPED FISTS: gently caress Joe Biden

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Organ Fiend posted:

PREDATOR HANDSHAKE MEME:

LEFT ARM: Sanders siblings

RIGHT ARM: MAGA chuds

CLASPED FISTS: gently caress Joe Biden

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Declan MacManus posted:

certainly but reality and pundit consensus have a way of diverging radically, i was just curious if kerry was considered charismatic the same way that biden is now somehow considered stately

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Just look at that smoke show. How could America not fall in love with this hunk of a man?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

i was only 13 when he was campaigning but was john kerry considered charismatic at the time? i thought dean was the guy that was considered the charmer before his voice cracked and the establishment decided it was their time to move in and crush the opposition

kerry appealed to democrats who apparently think being boring and having a good resume is what wins elections. it's the same appeal that hillary had and that klob and pete and biden have

put another way, kerrys charisma was measured by his vietnam war medals

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Zvahl posted:

Where's the meme where a liberal shoots feminism on the couch and turns around asking why would nazis do this.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

BioMe posted:

Where's the meme where a liberal shoots feminism on the couch and turns around asking why would nazis do this.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Shear Modulus posted:

kerry appealed to democrats who apparently think being boring and having a good resume is what wins elections. it's the same appeal that hillary had and that klob and pete and biden have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0BtqtTVNHg

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

Kerry was never seen as charismatic. He was "stately" and "dignified." They thought he'd provide good cover for "you can't criticize a wartime president"

I dislike Kerry a lot, but the swiftboat campaign against him still makes me mad whenever I think about it. The dude was a legit version of what politicians sell themselves as when they tell voters they're veterans. He saw, and was in the middle of, some serious poo poo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also he wasn’t bush which for me was the biggest sell.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shear Modulus posted:

On paper, Kerry made sense as a candidate.
Patriotic "Support ARE TROOPS" was at a big-time high on account of the Forever War in the Middle East still having that new car smell, so they figured that Kerry being an actual combat veteran/war hero would make him immune to a lot of the negative attack angles that the Republicans would have usually gone for.

Of course it was blissfully naive to believe that, as Swiftboating will remind us.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

what, they couldn’t find dukakis’ helmet for this?

the_steve posted:

On paper, Kerry made sense as a candidate.
Patriotic "Support ARE TROOPS" was at a big-time high on account of the Forever War in the Middle East still having that new car smell, so they figured that Kerry being an actual combat veteran/war hero would make him immune to a lot of the negative attack angles that the Republicans would have usually gone for.

Of course it was blissfully naive to believe that, as Swiftboating will remind us.

the more things change the more they stay the same

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he was / is a traditional liberal who offered no answers to anything.

Oct 28, 2003

also, boring as boiled chicken.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

the_steve posted:

all over america goons are discovering the secrets of NO*JOE. they're showing signs of increased productivity, higher energy, are reporting healthier sexual relationships with their partners, and are finally getting the respect at work they so richly deserve.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 13:28 on May 19, 2020

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

john kerry was a clear answer to the problem of how to run as a perceived dove in a time of extreme hawkishness. he was in a position to criticise warmongering from a position of presumably undeniable personal credibility, had the vietnam-era stripes for both dovish agitation and actual combat experience and he had solid realist/hawk chops from his later political work as a senator

the democrats were terrified of looking non-credible in the face of foreign aggression and had identified a subset of voters which, if captured, would let them win - this subset, of course, was suburban educated whites, especially women, who the democrats have been drooling after ever since because they're movable in the midterms and don't cost anything in terms of policy

of course, the republicans spent five seconds thinking about how to deal with this and then decided to deny kerry's personal credibility, making that itself a party political issue and completely undermining the entire premise of his candidacy because this is how this poo poo actually works - i've been watching mrs america and this is literally how phyllis schlafly operated back in the seventies.

i can forgive the steinem crew not getting this, but the democratic party really ought to have learned by now

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Thanks to Joe's cavalcade of dumb positions on Muslims I am here to toxx that I am never, ever going to vote for Joe Biden, and I will openly make fun of the MLI talking-head wannabes that try to convince people to do so.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

imo kerry could have fought back by saying that he saw his friends die and bush is doing it again and making fortunate son his campaign theme song

but he instead as we all know flip-flopped on the iraq invasion and ultimately settled on vote for me because i'll fight the war better which one again was some dipshit "compromise" that appeased absolutely nobody

and responded to the swift boating by rolling over because the democrats somehow thought that not responding to attacks that were on every tv channel every commercial break would mean people wouldnt believe it

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 20:05 on May 19, 2020

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

all over america goons are discovering the secrets of NO*JOE. they're showing signs of increased productivity, higher energy, are reporting healthier sexual relationships with their partners, and are finally getting the respect at work they so richly deserve.

It's true! Why, my hair is growing in thicker, I wake up every morning with a smile, and the doctor says my humors have never been in such balance!

I'm a No Joe Man (c)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

It’s true - there’s a new pep in my step, I’m tackling work with renewed vim and vigor, and everyone’s asking if I’ve been working out recently. I only wish I’d discovered this secret earlier!