Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's a joke that will super date the episode, so it's not really a good localization, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I thought it was funny. One quick line isn't some full plot that will make the episode instantly age. This wasn't the quintuplets episode of South Park, it was a fun thing you can do in an industry that has an extremely fast turn around time.

If the original company didn't like the localization because they didn't like the spirit of it that's one thing, but a big reason why the Evangelion subs are terrible now is because of a studio taking over localizations, so some freedom really should be allowed.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I found the Social Distancing line a bit jarring, since it describes a situation that isn't happening in the show. On the other hand, who's to say the phrase won't stick around after the pandemic is over? We won't know how it ages until it does.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Because 'social distancing' has overt connotations to a catastrophe that is negatively affecting billions, I think the term will be put on ice until the next highly contagious pandemic

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Man the election chapters were really elevated by the voice acting. Miyu Tomita as Iino was definitely the right choice. You really feel for Iino as she's standing up there not knowing what to do before Prez shows up :(

Also Hayasaka's app showing Kaguya's mental condition had me in stitches.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Miko is good.

Also Hayasaka immediately bailing on Kaguya when Chika showed up made me laugh harder than any other show I've seen recently.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I like how Iino turns around in the credits now.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Very proud of good boy Shirogane in this ep.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Pour one out for Yosuke.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"I AGREE!"

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Shirogane is the best.

Also Lmao

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 16, 2020

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://webm.red/view/523z.webm

I had to do it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Yessssss, I got my wish!!! Iino being the council should be fun, especially given the big hint this episode that she's also a weirdo.

I don't get it. :(

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hayasaka shows her ninja skills this episode.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Droyer posted:

Pour one out for Yosuke.

Yusaku :colbert:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dammit i shoulda double-checked

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What a sweet episode. :unsmith:

I like how they turned around Iino's campaign and it ended up making some good points, like how the loosened rules is affecting morale and the image of the school causing outside parties to not want to associate anymore.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Phantasm posted:

What a sweet episode. :unsmith:

I like how they turned around Iino's campaign and it ended up making some good points, like how the loosened rules is affecting morale and the image of the school causing outside parties to not want to associate anymore.
Funniest thing is that this was mentioned as early as the last page of the very first chapter (meaning the actual first chapter, before it became a weekly). Also how, in its +300 year history, there have only been 3 StuCo Presidents that have been "outsiders".

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah I really like how they show that while she is quite strict in her solutions, she does actually have kind of a point, and if she relaxed some of her more extreme ideas a bit she could be a good leader for the school

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
At the end, you can see the animators correcting one of the most unforgivable pieces of cut manga content, probably due to massive fan outrage.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The way the music hit after "I need you"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I wish Kaguya would stop yelling at her maid.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

great ep. only complaint is that they over complicated the best bit from kaguya's time in the infirmary and screwed up this great joke

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008
The music when the glasses girl is giving her speech sounds a lot like "Rule the Battlefield" from the Fate/Zero soundtrack (Unless they're both riffing on something else I can't think of right now).

And according to Japanese twitter the music that plays at "I need you" is a riff on Tokyo love story?

SebastianK
Dec 4, 2011

Congratulations

MikeSevigny posted:

At the end, you can see the animators correcting one of the most unforgivable pieces of cut manga content, probably due to massive fan outrage.

loving cubari facaccimo :mmmhmm:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Dangerous Person posted:

The way the music hit after "I need you"

Greblin posted:

according to Japanese twitter the music that plays at "I need you" is a riff on Tokyo love story?

That's exactly what it's a riff on, and the original is an absolute loving BANGER.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can we talk about the art direction of the election episode? I have too much praise to give it. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogaDD38ru1g&t=49s

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 17, 2020

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The volume changing as Hyasaka scales the camera with touchscreen powers was nice sound design to go along with it.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
The sound mixers are having fun with this show. My favorite sound gag is in last episode where they raised the volume on worst possible words in Chika's "true love" speech. They even use the same gag with Moeha in the shopping trip.

theGrooseofLegend fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 17, 2020

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Lovely episode, very touching. Also I've dated some men like that Kaguya, I hear you...

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

MikeSevigny posted:

Explaination?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yawgmoft posted:

Explaination?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Who wore it better?

MJP fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 19, 2020

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Yawgmoft posted:

Explaination?

To be more specific... do you remember the episode where the student council is ending, before Shirogane decides to run for president again? They go through some of the souvenirs from past episodes, and Fujiwara beats Ishigami to death with a harisen for the second time. Right after that, in the manga, Chika produces this:

Shirogane has no idea what it's for (we never find out either), and quips that there were things that happened in the student council room that even he doesn't know about.

It's a quick gag that the anime cut, but I guess as a little shout out they just had Fujiwara holding it this episode.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Private video. Now I know how Kaguya felt about that whole twitter incident. :(

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

Private video. Now I know how Kaguya felt about that whole twitter incident. :(

Fixed, whoops. If anyone was curious, the previous link was me eating the hottest known curry in Manhattan for a cell phone in 2009.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

So, which OP do you like more? I think I like season 1 more, but season 2's creeps into my head a lot...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Still the first, but the new one is pretty drat good

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Love Dramatique for certain! Daddy Daddy Do just doesn't compare!

このモデレータは嘘つきである!! :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
It took three weeks for OP2 to overtake OP1, plus it has that funny walk cycle and the emphasis on a particular syllable when it cuts to a close-up of kaguya