Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
Re: tadpole quests
Imo archery and athletics are the easiest to knock out. If you can get attacked by mothman entomologist is a good 3rd, otherwise herpetologist or maybe mammologist. Encryptid is generally good for getting the revive, though you might have luck with Scorched Earth too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I've finally got a slightly modded NV up and running.

Playing a junkie with a shotgun. S3 P9 E4 C4 I2 A9 L9. I really wanted to test out the low INT dialogue and I justified everything from there. I've also never made much use of Chems so combine that with the low Intelligence and you get a character who is just mentallyand physically hosed from using drugs all the time.

And shotgun because I love to watch enemies splatter. Something I miss in Skyrim. Kind of a pain to have low Endurance when you have to get close to enemies but I've got Veronica to run defense for me and I'll definitely try to collect more companions as the game goes on.

I'm thinking of doing a House run but I'm not sure if you can have low NCR Rep with him? I'm playing along with the NCR for now to get quests and rewards but I plan to gently caress with everyone eventually. I just know that House wants you to save Kimball and I remember from a Yes Man LP I watched that low NCR rep means you can't go near the Dam and you auto-fail the quest

P.S.

Veronica: Do you know anything about the Brotherhood of Steel?
[Intelligence 2/6] I've heard they shoot lasers from their eyes.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

One of the quests is a straight DMV (department of motor vehicles) and it takes forever. It's not funny

Not gonna lie, that quest distilled the tedious “this is bullshit” feeling I get in a real dmv to perfection.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Not gonna lie, that quest distilled the tedious “this is bullshit” feeling I get in a real dmv to perfection.

Yeah but pointing at it and saying "see how much this sucks" then still doing it doesn't make it suck less. Happens a bunch in games these days too.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
So it looks like they didn’t patch out the raider rep bug with Daily Retirement Plan, or at least didn’t list it in the patch notes.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Rhymenoserous posted:

The first minute is funny until you realize what they're gonna do and then they do it and drag it out over and over. It would have been a great scene if I could have used the sledgehammer I was holding on the robot first thing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This coming week the ash heap will have so many people in it lol

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

This coming week the ash heap will have so many people in it lol

Why's that? Can't fire up the game right now, so did something get updated?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

IUG posted:

Why's that? Can't fire up the game right now, so did something get updated?

The treasure hunter quest is to kill special mole miners in the ash heap for their treasure pails.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/gmpb43/fallout_76_update_19_patch_notes_may_19_2020/

quote:

Hunt for the Treasure Hunter

Mole Miners are searching for riches around Appalachia, and you can hunt them down to claim their loot for yourself in a new series of limited-time “Hunt for the Treasure Hunter” events we’re introducing with Update 19.

Treasure Hunter Mole Miners

Use your keen tracking senses to hunt down Treasure Hunter Mole Miners to collect their Mole Miner Pails, which contain all of the loot they’ve been hoarding.

Treasure Hunter Mole Miners are legendary creatures, and you will hear them when they’re nearby.

Treasure Hunter Mole Miners can drop rewards from one of three different tiers: Dusty Mole Miner Pails (low), Mole Miner Pails (medium), and Ornate Mole Miner Pails (high).

The higher quality the Pail, the better chances for rare loot, including Outfits, Mounted Head Plans, a new Backpack Plan, and the Marine Armor Helmet Plan.

Pails can be traded and sold to other players, but cannot be sold to NPC vendors. Pails can be bought in the Atom Shop for 250 Atoms a piece. Atom Shop prices will increase by 15%

Craft Your Own Mole Miner Pails

While a Treasure Hunter event is live, Vendors around Appalachia will sell Empty Mole Miner Pails in exchange for Caps.

Use Empty Pails, along with a few additional materials, to craft full Mole Miner Pails of low, medium, or high-quality.

You can give or sell crafted Pails to other players, or keep them for yourself.

Head to the Ash Heap on May 21!

The first Hunt for the Treasure Hunter event will take place from May 21 – 25 in the Ash Heap region of Appalachia.

Future Hunt for the Treasure Hunter events will each occur in a different region.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 19, 2020

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

quote:

Players who own the Liberty Prime Power Armor can now craft the silent version of the helmet at a Power Armor Station.

What is this heretical communist text implying

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

The treasure hunter quest is to kill special mole miners in the ash heap for their treasure pails.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/gmpb43/fallout_76_update_19_patch_notes_may_19_2020/
now thats an awesome throwback. god bless you

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

After playing some Elder Scrolls Online I'm pretty excited for the world scaling coming to F76. In ESO it's really nice to go wherever and do whatever quest/campaign you want without worrying areas are too high level for you or other people you want to play with. You have to keep your gear updated while you're climbing to level 50, but that's it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it should work better for fallout than it (personally) did for guild wars 2, where i just ended up never feeling a sense of progress since i still had to fight my way across the starter zones

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
“Weapons: Gatling Guns now correctly display a fire rate of 20 in the Pip-Boy.”

Well poo poo... why’d they have to go and do that? Also lol at them making it sound like it was just a display error. Really though the fire rate used to be at least 4x higher (maybe even higher) than it is now because it was bugged to fire as fast as you could click. Guess at least maybe now I’ll have reason to give the new guns more use.

If anyone has the raider ammo machine I would appreciate checking if it can make 2mm EC now since folks were saying it couldn’t before.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It does not.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Fallout 4: New Vegas looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Mnh9WIDCo

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I shoot that guy every single time.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Better to watch him laugh and run directly into a nearby radscorpion nest

Him and Boxcars are just about the only characters I never get tired of on that loooong stretch of starter quests between Goodsprings and Novac

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Kalessin ofSelidor posted:

“Weapons: Gatling Guns now correctly display a fire rate of 20 in the Pip-Boy.”

Well poo poo... why’d they have to go and do that? Also lol at them making it sound like it was just a display error. Really though the fire rate used to be at least 4x higher (maybe even higher) than it is now because it was bugged to fire as fast as you could click. Guess at least maybe now I’ll have reason to give the new guns more use.
Does Martial Artist still make you shoot Gatling guns faster? Because that was my favorite probably-bug-but-also-kinda-makes-sense "feature"

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl

Dr. Quarex posted:

Does Martial Artist still make you shoot Gatling guns faster? Because that was my favorite probably-bug-but-also-kinda-makes-sense "feature"

They listed that as patched a while back, but I went ahead and tested just in case. Sadly does not work like once upon a time

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Sodomy Hussein posted:

First time I played I shot him thinking "hell yeah, he'll have a ton of caps"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Wolfsheim posted:

Better to watch him laugh and run directly into a nearby radscorpion nest

Him and Boxcars are just about the only characters I never get tired of on that loooong stretch of starter quests between Goodsprings and Novac

"Hello there. It's good to see a friendly face. Almost took you for a raider, I did."

Did someone steal Harry Collins's vital essence?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I don't know what caused it but in my current first ever modded NV playthrough I didn't even get him to talk to me. I used an Alt Start mod if that was the problem but he just ran at me like any other enemy and I killed him.

No Vulpes in Nipton, either. I did free the Powder Ganger slaves, though just to have my first real taste of combat.

Being Vilified by the Legion nets you some great goodies early on and it's never really a problem unlike with the NCR which has places everywhere you will want to go. I plan to betray and gently caress them over later on but for now I gotta play nice.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 20, 2020

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Got a 2-shot auto grenade launcher, which would be a lot more fun if it didn't instantly launch all corpses into the sun.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

What is the rare drop from a mothman that people nees?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

They listed that as patched a while back, but I went ahead and tested just in case. Sadly does not work like once upon a time
A tragedy, but thank you for your good work. I will just have to go back to thinking miniguns are still underpowered rather than just enjoying my Gatling gun.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

What is the rare drop from a mothman that people nees?

It's wing. It's the last thing I need for the last Possum Scouts merit badge.

Oppression
Jan 16, 2004
Pillbug
Got a lovely 2 star shotgun as my ultimate reward for the treasure quest at lvl 77. It is still the latest legendary I've seen in a long time, and is barely better than the non legendary I had on hand. Maybe it's just luck but I haven't had anything decent drop ever. Still rocking the blade of bastet.

It all still seems pretty shallow in terms of how your character exists within the world. I'm thinking about how you can just march through human NPC houses just grabbing everything you want without needing to be hidden. Previous games at least made you feel like you were a stranger in a different person's place in comparison.

While it's been more fun playing through some of the new content with people in it, making a new character to start over just seems like work. It might all work out more organically in the end if I do. I did lol when the ghoul bar guy told me to fast travel to fallout 76 then walk from there, as a lovely explanation of the caps fast travel in just a few sentences, craven poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

IUG posted:

It's wing. It's the last thing I need for the last Possum Scouts merit badge.

Torn? Do you need it to drop or just to have?

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1263103248736501761?s=20

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 21, 2020

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Skyrim stuff is free at the moment

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

Skyrim stuff is free at the moment

From the background, that's Fallout 4, not 76, correct?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

IUG posted:

From the background, that's Fallout 4, not 76, correct?
yes

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
On my sniper chick, I unlocked the last secret service armor plan last night (well, other than helmet). Been stockpiling legendary modules because I keep hitting scrip cap. Rolled a couple more times for some armor pieces and now I have unyielding torso and both arms. I feel like the game is telling me I need to finally convert one of my characters to a bloodied unyielding build.

Just wish there was a good option to get legendary rifles without rolling against every possible ranged weapon type.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/7JzV3u3gh3HRsBOm95SMYr/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-may-updates

quote:

FALLOUT 76: INSIDE THE VAULT - MAY UPDATES

This week, we’re making a clarification about how 76 Seasons will work. We’ve also got reminders for you about the first Hunt for the Treasure Hunter event, which begins today, and the return of Fasnacht Parade, which starts Monday.

76 SEASONS ARE FOR EVERYONE

Following our preview of 76 Seasons in last week’s Inside the Vault, we’ve seen questions and concerns from the community about what it will cost to take part in Seasons after the first one. We’d like to clarify that participation in Fallout Seasons will be free for all of our players, and we apologize for any confusion. Additionally, everyone is going to gain access to each new Season as soon as it begins, and all players will follow the same progress and reward track. You will have the option to purchase individual ranks for Atoms in the order they appear, but not during the first two weeks of a Season.
That said, we are looking into potentially adding some bonus rewards at certain Ranks for Fallout 1st members—but not for Season 1. We are currently focused on getting this system implemented and seeing your feedback on Seasons first before we include any extra rewards.
Finally, the Seasons system will not be available for play testing in our upcoming iteration of the PTS for Update 20. There are technical reasons for this, which include the fact that the Atomic Shop is not available in the PTS. While we would love to hear your early impressions of Seasons in the PTS, we are looking forward to reading your thoughts once you’ve had the chance to try out the new system after Update 20 arrives.

No timeline on vendor and display cases.

A new display case was datamined from Fasnacht that looks cool.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

On my sniper chick, I unlocked the last secret service armor plan last night (well, other than helmet). Been stockpiling legendary modules because I keep hitting scrip cap. Rolled a couple more times for some armor pieces and now I have unyielding torso and both arms. I feel like the game is telling me I need to finally convert one of my characters to a bloodied unyielding build.

Just wish there was a good option to get legendary rifles without rolling against every possible ranged weapon type.
I don't think you can drop/trade anything bought with bullion btw

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
You can use a bug with the scrip machines to trade the legendary versions of the bullion purchases. The weapons, the SS armor, they can all be traded that way.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

i flunked out posted:

You can use a bug with the scrip machines to trade the legendary versions of the bullion purchases. The weapons, the SS armor, they can all be traded that way.
with update 19, this might fail and you can lose the items

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unLVvBC51dM

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Seems kinda strange that they do that long rear end maintenance and they only run the event for 5 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Seems kinda strange that they do that long rear end maintenance and they only run the event for 5 days.
gonna be a repeatable event, it'll just change location

no idea if its quarterly or what but I assume it'll be like warframes repeatable events