Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh poo poo.

!!

Yeah, I couldn't resist since I missed out on the original set even though Nautilator/Lobclaw isn't involved.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Droyer posted:

Just wanted to update this to say I was incorrect. I did some more digging and found this: http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-birthday-post-2014-part-1-diaclone.html

So there was both a blue Fairlady z with a silver chest and an entirely silver one (presumably the baby blue one in the catalog i posted is the silver one reflecting something blue or a color scheme they ended up scrapping.) Sorry Rainbowbeard, you were right.

It's all good, no worries. 🙂

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Nodosaur posted:

No, he's a soldier who is super skilled but routinely loses his memory, losing connections to his past.

I like characterizing him as a TF version of Adrien Pimento.

This leads to the logical question, which TF is essentially Rafi and what is the Cybertronian equivalent of a toilet-kitchen.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Droyer posted:

I did check the link and my point was that the Diaclone toy (which is named Fairlady Z not Bluestreak, all the Diaclone car robots were named after the model of car they were based on) does not have that color scheme. Fairlady has a mono-color baby blue color scheme whereas the MP is partially a deep blue and partially silver.

To address the point about the naming, since you've already covered the blueness: I think Capt. Rainbowbeard is saying that the Blue Bluestreak version of the MP is supposed to have been a Diaclone who fought Waruders, in the same way that Spinout is going to be, not that the actual Diaclone toy/piloted mecha was named Bluestreak.

Nodosaur posted:

It sounds more like Spin-Out’s bio is saying Bluestreak IS Streak, and that he changed due to whatever anti-Diaclone business was coded in Transformers based on Spin-Out.

Also this seems to be the case, near as I can make out.

It doesn't help that the naming of the character is potentially ambiguous and annoying. But it goes like this:

In the west, the silver or silver-and-black Nissan 280ZX Autobot is called Bluestreak. He was also called Silverstreak for a few years as Hasbro had lost the trademark.

In Japan, the silver or silver-and-black Fairlady Cybertron is normally called Streak. There was an all-silver MP release called Silverstreak, and a "Blue Diaclone"-colored MP release named Bluestreak. It's this last one whose bio mentions fighting giant insects on earth as an apparent Diaclone/Waruder reference.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Now my eyes are starting to cross and the word silver has started to lose all meaning

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

To address the point about the naming, since you've already covered the blueness: I think Capt. Rainbowbeard is saying that the Blue Bluestreak version of the MP is supposed to have been a Diaclone who fought Waruders, in the same way that Spinout is going to be, not that the actual Diaclone toy/piloted mecha was named Bluestreak.

Also this seems to be the case, near as I can make out.

It doesn't help that the naming of the character is potentially ambiguous and annoying. But it goes like this:

In the west, the silver or silver-and-black Nissan 280ZX Autobot is called Bluestreak. He was also called Silverstreak for a few years as Hasbro had lost the trademark.

In Japan, the silver or silver-and-black Fairlady Cybertron is normally called Streak. There was an all-silver MP release called Silverstreak, and a "Blue Diaclone"-colored MP release named Bluestreak. It's this last one whose bio mentions fighting giant insects on earth as an apparent Diaclone/Waruder reference.

Yes, absolutely.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Psst

Hey

Hey you! C'mere!

... Wanna buy a FAST Pack?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

Psst

Hey

Hey you! C'mere!

... Wanna buy a FAST Pack?

:thunk:

HMMMM.

IF Tarn arrived today, and god he’s good.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Have a brand new FT Not-Warpath in sealed box for sale or trade for other 3P stuff.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

:thunk:

HMMMM.

IF Tarn arrived today, and god he’s good.

He is. You know who else is good?

IF Tarnation.

EDIT:

catch22 posted:

Have a brand new FT Not-Warpath in sealed box for sale or trade for other 3P stuff.

I could do a trade, if I had something you were looking for. Lemme go look at what I have.

EDIT II, THE SEQUEL:

I have, and am willing to trade

Mastermind Creations Solus Prime, Rodimus

Maketoys Fallen, Hound (toy version)

Iron Factory Blaster, Steeljaw, Ramhorn, (with all the weapon pods,) Windblade, Arcee

Fansproject Grimlock (Deluxe) Swoop, Slag, Snarl, Sludge, KOs of the Insecticons (probably only good for value add, they're decent but not great knockoffs but display just fine.)

Lemme know if any of those sound good, catch22.

Anyone else interested in a trade or just straight buying any, feel free to speak up or send me a DM. They're all in extremely good condition (well, the Insecticon KOs are what they are) smoke-free home, etc.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 19, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/notirishman/status/1262770963680296961

what monster is responsible

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That's like selling a Cratered Yamcha, if people actually cared about Yamcha

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's from MAAS toys, the guys who did a crowdfund for Tetra jets and then ran off with the money.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/1262795835445837824

Phy posted:

That's like selling a Cratered Yamcha, if people actually cared about Yamcha
well uh

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Dragon-Ball-Yamcha-Figure/dp/B00W4L1XGI

there's even a funko pop version

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

lol I shoulda known

I maintain that no-one was actually sad about Yamcha, unlike Pieps

FT Sheridan showed up at my place yesterday (which is weird that mail was running on Victoria Day, they don't usually deliver on stat holidays). He's a solid little dude. Little in the sense that his tank mode is way smaller than MP Carbot scale, cause he's really about carbot sized. The leg didn't immediately fall off, but I'll run him through a couple transformations tonight and hope I luck out.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I looked at that "figure" and honestly had no idea it was supposed to be pipes. I thought it was generic squished robot.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I liked Yamcha at the time. I don’t think the DragonBall anime got to Tien and Chiaotzu yet in America, so their deaths didn’t seem as shocking.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yamcha fuckin sucks and continues to suck throughout all db series

there's even an official fancomic short isekai about a guy reincarnating as yamcha and recognizing how garbage he is so trains his rear end off to be worth a goddamn

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Yamcha is a dork and was jobbing even in the original Dragon Ball but he was a lovable dork who still had cool fights while jobbing until he got discarded with all the other non-Saiyan refuse once the show became about them and nothing else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4uIaIQ-GLY

he also has the best character theme

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Seeing a lot of online hate for Masterpiece Hound, is there anything technically wrong with it or is this transformers fans being transformers fans.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

RIP Lunch.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Somebody didn’t see the baseball episode of DragonBall Super.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Asphyxious posted:

Seeing a lot of online hate for Masterpiece Hound, is there anything technically wrong with it or is this transformers fans being transformers fans.

If you get a bad one he will crumble into two or more pieces. It has something to do with the clearances being extremely tight BEFORE they applied paint, which can send things over the edge in more than a comfortable number of cases.

I've got a couple of small cracks that I think have stabilized on mine.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He is. You know who else is good?

IF Tarnation.

EDIT:

I could do a trade, if I had something you were looking for. Lemme go look at what I have.

EDIT II, THE SEQUEL:

I have, and am willing to trade

Mastermind Creations Solus Prime, Rodimus

Maketoys Fallen, Hound (toy version)

Iron Factory Blaster, Steeljaw, Ramhorn, (with all the weapon pods,) Windblade, Arcee

Fansproject Grimlock (Deluxe) Swoop, Slag, Snarl, Sludge, KOs of the Insecticons (probably only good for value add, they're decent but not great knockoffs but display just fine.)

Lemme know if any of those sound good, catch22.

Anyone else interested in a trade or just straight buying any, feel free to speak up or send me a DM. They're all in extremely good condition (well, the Insecticon KOs are what they are) smoke-free home, etc.

Thanks for the offer, I'm gonna pass, though

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If you get a bad one he will crumble into two or more pieces. It has something to do with the clearances being extremely tight BEFORE they applied paint, which can send things over the edge in more than a comfortable number of cases.

I've got a couple of small cracks that I think have stabilized on mine.

poo poo a brick!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

catch22 posted:

Thanks for the offer, I'm gonna pass, though

No worries!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Asphyxious posted:

To add to this, mine is also fine, but I’ve read so many bad reports that I’m scared to use him.

Got a lot of drat figures like that, smdh.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Good to see TFS has completely replaced Ocean Group as the voices I hear when I read DBZ characters

half-a-day-later edit:

Sheridan's p good, this is my first Fanstoys joint so it's interesting to see what they're like

I wiggled his legs around a bunch at the problem joint, and they didn't fall off, so I'm thinking I might be okay? Might order the screws from showz anyway just in case. But I can deffo see why some people had problems, there's really not a lot of meat there for the pin to sink into, and Fanstoys could have used a rivet going all the way through with a flat head on the side that goes against the knee.

Transformation's ok, very much of the "everything is on an extension arm" school of TF design a la Badcube's Sunstorm. Only real problem I had was forgetting to flip the tank treads inside his legs around so his feet can actually transform. Fortunately I looked up a video before I broke his ankles from reefing on them.

Shoulders are weirder than Tank Megatron from CW, and he's got really tiny hands. I don't wanna say Trump hands, but he's a bit taller than MP Bluestreak and his hands are the size of like MP Bumblebee's. Kind of the same issue my VF-4 has, where the hands need to be tiny to fold up into the forearms, only Bandai supplied larger ones you can pop on for robot/gerwalk modes. Otherwise holds together well in both modes and poses pretty well. My wife likes him, she likes tanks anyway and she thinks the colour is really nice.

Phy fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 20, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

That's from MAAS toys, the guys who did a crowdfund for Tetra jets and then ran off with the money.

Oh, so they actually are kinda monsters. Yikes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/geshgav/status/1111604283869413377

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

I never realized this, wow

But nothing can beat the actual music video for that song

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Penny arcade or stately home study?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The_Doctor posted:

Penny arcade or stately home study?

Both but I was referring to the one with the singing taxidermy

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've been slowly opening up my Selects Seacons and honestly I might keep them in their sea critter forms. Overbite's pretty cool and I love Tentakil and Skalor's big dumb heads.

Also I was today years old when I realized Skalor was a coelacanth.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

NOTHING?
https://twitter.com/tfdrums/status/1263230474429829123?s=20

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
here's a neat thing, a dude who made a lot of neat Lego MOCs(my own creations), including making "sketches" of characters using a small lego "portrait", got hired by lego. and now he makes those as official sets. one of the unofficial ones he made was this great optimus prime. simple but effective, it looks to be like, 50-70 pieces tops but perfectly captures his likeness.

there's a shitload more at https://www.flickr.com/photos/powerpig/sets/72157634886058845/

I would love that Skeletor sketch.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

here's a neat thing, a dude who made a lot of neat Lego MOCs(my own creations), including making "sketches" of characters using a small lego "portrait", got hired by lego. and now he makes those as official sets. one of the unofficial ones he made was this great optimus prime. simple but effective, it looks to be like, 50-70 pieces tops but perfectly captures his likeness.

there's a shitload more at https://www.flickr.com/photos/powerpig/sets/72157634886058845/

Wow those are awesome

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

drat these are freakin awesome.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I meant to also actually link to the news post announcing the official versions of his Lego Sketches in that post, whoops. there's Batman, Joker, BB-8 and a First Order Stormtrooper as the first four.

https://brickset.com/article/51499/brand-new-theme-revealed-brick-sketches!

I am absolutely 100% buying the Joker one.

there was a thing lego did called lego dimensions where they got a LOT of different licenses you wouldn't expect them to get and you could then make a microbuild and attach it to a USB hub thing which let you play those characters in the lego dimensions game. things like portal 2, doctor who, ghostbusters, mission impossible, adventure time, sonic the hedgehog, the goonies, gremlins, a whole bunch of random-rear end licensed sets. I always wished there could be transformers ones of some sort as a crossover but hasbro is the type of company to refuse to partner up and instead try and make their own terribly inferior version of the thing. remember Built To Rule? I wish I didn't.

to be semi on-topic, did you know they made a Lego Springer? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I remember being Very Ready To Buy lego springer, and then like a week after it was announced, Hasbro showed off the Thrilling 30 Springer and welp