Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I got lucky in Sunless Seas and only died about twice early on before I found the rhythm to a map and dug in. Completely avoided combat for the longest time and mostly had fun uncovering the map, planning routes and playing at being an extremely hosed up sea trader in an extremely hosed up sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hostile V posted:

Fallen London's lore is really fun to get into and pick apart the intricacies of because they flow on an elegant level in motion and when you put them in more blunt terms it's actually pretty funny to consider the logistics of.
Fallen London itself is a giant space crab pretending to be a city and collecting love stories. It's doing this so it can find a way to make sure the sun doesn't kill itself from heartbreak when it finds out that its crush, another star, doesn't like it back. That is A) bonkers, and B) one of the biggest and most difficult to find revelations in the game.

quote:

Also it was made absent of Kennedy who is a sex pest weirdo who likes to make things needlessly grindy and hard.
I never actually finished Seeking myself, I detectived and found spoilers. At first I was guilty, but I felt much better about it after finding out Kennedy's a sex pest. Seeking the Name was one of his personal pet projects (and it has his handwriting all over it).

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 19, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Fuckin trash gtfo with this

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

and B) one of the biggest and most difficult to find revelations in the game.

Until the spin-off games just threw all the old mysteries out in the open. Not complaining, but it's kinda weird the disconnect between the level of secrecy and difficulty the deeper lore had in fallen london and how open the sunless games were about it even while the original kept it up.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

In turn they do the correct and proper thing of "make new lore and new stories instead of endlessly retreading The Hits".

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Actually just Cio I think

Not gonna lie I'm super curious how he would have handled a horny pic of White Chain

Uh, rocking a huge pair of cans to Carpenter Brut?

_______

I was really disappointed to hear that Kennedy was a creep, but I really enjoy the Sunless Sea/Sunless Skies games. I do agree that they're overly punishing games, and what would really kick them up a notch is stories that could only be unlocked once you DID die- instead of having to repeat the same ones over and over again on each iteration.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

habeasdorkus posted:

Uh, rocking a huge pair of cans to Carpenter Brut?

_______

I was really disappointed to hear that Kennedy was a creep, but I really enjoy the Sunless Sea/Sunless Skies games. I do agree that they're overly punishing games, and what would really kick them up a notch is stories that could only be unlocked once you DID die- instead of having to repeat the same ones over and over again on each iteration.
Oh right I forgot to mention that one of the difficulty options is just "if you die you can go back to the last checkpoint and keep playing as this captain" and man that makes Skies better by a mile.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Is the patreon discord a specific tier? Don't see the post to get in.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

thechosenone posted:

Yeah, I'm a 5bux patron and I didn't know there was a discord.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I've upgraded to 10 bux Abbadon where's the chitin and annelids?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is there a synopsis of Fallen London lore somewhere because there's no way in hell I'm sinking like 600
hours across multiple games for it

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Whoops.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 19, 2020

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
I'm a 2 dollar patron and knew there was a discord cuz I pay attention to my patreon emails hth

Specifically just go find an email for the monthly hangouts, there's an invite to the discord there.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
NVM found lonk

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 19, 2020

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

thechosenone posted:

I was wondering the same thing, found it by searching "discord" on the patreon page.

It's weird, for most patreon-exclusive discords, it just adds you automatically if you connect your patreon account to your discord.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Is there a synopsis of Fallen London lore somewhere because there's no way in hell I'm sinking like 600
hours across multiple games for it

Yeah I've always wondered if there was an illegal spoiler wiki hidden somewhere too. If it was like a real game I'd probably just bite the bullet and play but I just literally can't do the "spend actual months grinding the same five options over and over again to slowly unlock new options to grind over and over again until you can finally see new and interesting text."

Because all the little bits and pieces i hear all the time sound cool as hell but I already have a job.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
There is a wiki out there that seems fairly comprehensive, but because I’ve just played the games I can’t really say if it goes into the kinda stuff you want or not.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nilbop posted:

There is a wiki out there that seems fairly comprehensive, but because I’ve just played the games I can’t really say if it goes into the kinda stuff you want or not.
The wiki is deliberately very sparse in actual text, and mostly tells you the difficulties of skill checks and the kinds of items necessary for certain choices.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

what about that broad sealed in ice

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Homeless Friend posted:

Too frigid.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Shame on those cowards who didn't want to see Zoss's Hog.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
People keep saying sunless sea is hard but I never really got that tbh. It is grindy in places, but I never died except on purpose, because I spent my whole time roleplaying a terrified 19th century sailor by sticking to the shoreline (before I even knew that was a thing that helped) and never taking risks.

I ended up doing the "hardest" plotline first (becoming immortal) and once you've gotten the biggest gun and the best engine nothing can really touch you anymore, and all the terror goes out of it. I haven't been able to bring myself to go back and finish any other ambitions because defeating death kind of takes the shine off of all the smaller stories. Especially when I have to grind through the early game again.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, the Fulgent Impeller means that you can scoot across the Zee way faster than anything that might want to eat you- and killing beasties lowers terror. Plus, by that point you've got a ship that can take a few hits. Ofc, I did occasionally still screw up and die from terror because I refused to let it drop below 26 no matter what. Otherwise the Lady in Lilac would leave me!

Really, the best way to make scratch fast is to do regular exploring until you can get the cargo ship, then max out Darkdrop Coffee sales in Vienna (and also maybe run an incredibly lucrative side trade in sunlight filled mirrorcatch boxes, but gotta be careful with those or you'll get burned. Either by THE SUN, or by her majesty's customs enforcers).

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

listen jack we respect Jadis the Witch in Glass in this thread

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
As for the effects of looking at the wheel of creation, I have no idea lol. It's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to the hospital.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

paranoid randroid posted:

listen jack we respect Jadis the Witch in Glass in this thread

is "the witch in glass" sung to the tune of "the man in gauze"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

is "the witch in glass" sung to the tune of "the man in gauze"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
buddy she is the slab

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

One seventh of creation is ruled by an extremely obsolete tablet with a faulty interface

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Joe Slowboat posted:

One seventh of creation is ruled by an extremely obsolete tablet with a faulty interface

And boomers who only have incorrect received wisdom on how to use it trying to read the news.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

wiegieman posted:

And boomers who only have incorrect received wisdom on how to use it trying to read the news.
Do you think she gets her news from foxes?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1262825482384478208

quote:

You are already a dead man. From the moment you started to exist, death has bored into your ribcage and settled in your chest. It has its fingers into your very bones. When you are born, death is very small and weak, but he grows stronger every second, until he will wear you like a second skin. Do not fool yourself into thinking he is not there. You will feel him. Do not deny his presence. You must swallow death, and make him a part of you, and make of your ribcage a home for him.”

-Yaun, the dead

paranoid randroid posted:

As for the effects of looking at the wheel of creation, I have no idea lol. It's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to the hospital.

looking at the wheel appears to be a synonym for "attained omniscience", which includes all past and future events in addition to the now, and is thus incompatible with any mind other than YISUN's, so doing it generally breaks your brain pretty badly

President Ark fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 19, 2020

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

gently caress yeah power of friendship!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
You know when you start to hear the build up music. I feel that I am at that point.

I am really wondering where the hell it goes from here.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

last comic: dawn of the final day
this comic: dawn

the comic when white chain breaks the suns: final day

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Josef bugman posted:

You know when you start to hear the build up music. I feel that I am at that point.

I am really wondering where the hell it goes from here.

I think, quite possibly

White Chain is going to fight Solomon David

and we'll see how that goes.

I hope she doesn't get sent into reincarnation, at least!

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Solomon doesn't stand a chance

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The Gang sparks a revolution

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

very cordial of Solomon David to send his finest beefcakes to do patchwork on her containment vessel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
long-shot chaos option: white chain unleashes yisun's empty palm and slays solomon david on the spot, collapsing all worlds into anarchy