Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
The discussion with Chris Kesser about the Game Changers documentary was a surprisingly good chat, Chris is likeable and pretty fair and happy to admit his personal biases while talking about the holes in some of the standards for RDI or methodology for populist studies. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, especially when the message is "each side is really stoked on their own poo poo, be careful about their propoganda, eating meat and veggies is pretty good for you"

Joes head was exceptionally shiny too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

snickothemule posted:

The discussion with Chris Kesser about the Game Changers documentary was a surprisingly good chat, Chris is likeable and pretty fair and happy to admit his personal biases while talking about the holes in some of the standards for RDI or methodology for populist studies. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, especially when the message is "each side is really stoked on their own poo poo, be careful about their propoganda, eating meat and veggies is pretty good for you"

Joes head was exceptionally shiny too.

the debate with the guy who made the movie is painful. He doesn't understand science and is basically just being a politician rather than someone interested in actually learning something. Making so many appeals to authority, straw men, etc. fuuuuck.

chris is being very patient...

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Egh, I miss the JRE when Joe believed in UFOs and the moon landing was fake. Luckily, I can search by episode title in Pocketcast so I just search:
Duncan Trussell
Eddie Bravo
Redban

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I'm looking for episode recommendations with discussions around unique experiences in nature, such as Glenn Villeneuve, the guy who walked solo across Antarctica, the doctor on Everest (any mountain climbing ones in particular would be good). This would include guests like Adam Greentree (encountering wild animals, etc.). Thanks!

EDIT: \/ Yeah this is the kind of stuff I am looking for. \/

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 18, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sand Monster posted:

I'm looking for episode recommendations with discussions around unique experiences in nature, such as Glenn Villeneuve, the guy who walked solo across Antarctica, the doctor on Everest (any mountain climbing ones in particular would be good). This would include guests like Adam Greentree (encountering wild animals, etc.). Thanks!
Wasn't there a lady who did an insane-rear end challenge like walking/running for thousands of kilometers in a set number of days? Can't remember her name but I remember Joe kept on topic (mostly in awe of how this lady is so drat tough), and then she mentioned a dude who was also insane and swimming underwater in sub-zero temperatures because some special breathing technique or something.

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.
Wim Hof #712 - The Ice Man

Dan Flores #942 - Writer of American Serengeti

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Sand Monster posted:

EDIT: \/ Yeah this is the kind of stuff I am looking for. \/

There's an interview with the guy who free-solo'd el capitan. Hornold?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IBDvROmdGU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
is this podcast on the downhill

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
No, it's enormously popular.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
It only seems seems quieter now since Jordan Peterson was publicly bested by a communist raccoon / benzos and the dork web broke up.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The podcast is at an all time high for popularity and has actually been super fun the last 6 months or so. This thread is just quiet because the guests hes had on lately dont align with the things they like whining about so theyre prob staying in d&d lol

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Joe Rogan is just paying solom respect for Jordan Peterson after his brain turned to pudding.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

between what happened with peterson and rogan endorsing bernie it's been a p hard year for the idw

i'm hoping that in 4 years ben shapiro is trying to do a podcast in an applebees like greg "opie" hughes but honestly no matter how small his audience becomes some pedo billionaires will throw cash his way

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Percelus posted:

i'm hoping that in 4 years ben shapiro is trying to do a podcast in an applebees like greg "opie" hughes

ah you love to see it.

edit: hearing faint voices in the background calling him short and hearing the immense rage building in his voice, nothing he can do but sit and stew in an applebys waiting for his entree

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Daryl Davis (#1419 from January 30) was one of the best guests I've ever heard on any podcast. Amazing storyteller, and a black man who can befriend Klan members and then get them to ditch their hoods? Holy gently caress.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Rogan rules because he gets an expert of infectious diseases on and the first thing he asks is if sitting in a sauna can kill Coronavirus.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Any hope for a vaccine is considered a 'fairytale', eh Osterholm?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
No, any hope for a vaccine being available soon. Like Trump going around saying we'll have one in four months.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Current estimates I've heard is at least a year, maybe 2, for the development of a vaccine, not including production and distribution.

Waiting for a vaccine to solve it is a risky proposition if that's what we're expecting to solve the crisis. The world needs to know how to contain and limit the spread (flatten the curve) until a vaccine or treatment is found.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Can't remember if it was said on this podcast or a different one, but several times I've heard people say that this is like the common cold, and there's no vaccine for that, ergo it will be hard to make a vaccine for this.

The "common cold" is a category that includes a wide range of viruses, including, yes, several coronavirus strains, but also hundreds of rhinovirus strains and other things. You need a shotgun strategy to hit all of those, or hell, a flamethrower. This is (so far) one strain that still looks fairly conserved across all sequenced genomes -- 450ish as of today. So it might be easier to develop a vaccine for than "the cold," I hope, although hoo boy I hope we can avoid the dengue/Zika-esque antibody-dependent enhancement effect that the guy just talked about on Joe Rogan. poo poo's nasty.

E: but yeah, a vaccine is still a ways away even if we are able to produce one relatively quickly.

Zugzwang fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 11, 2020

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

piratepilates posted:

Current estimates I've heard is at least a year, maybe 2, for the development of a vaccine, not including production and distribution.

Waiting for a vaccine to solve it is a risky proposition if that's what we're expecting to solve the crisis. The world needs to know how to contain and limit the spread (flatten the curve) until a vaccine or treatment is found.

I think is pretty much exactly what the guy said on the podcast, isn't it?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Joes dismay and anger at saunas not being efficient virus killers had me laughing

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Joes dismay and anger at saunas not being efficient virus killers had me laughing

Its hot though

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Joe has no loving idea what any version of Doom was all about. "But why isn't it like Quake multiplayer? why not 1v1 deathmatch?" seriously how many times did he repeat that

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Zugzwang posted:

Daryl Davis (#1419 from January 30) was one of the best guests I've ever heard on any podcast. Amazing storyteller, and a black man who can befriend Klan members and then get them to ditch their hoods? Holy gently caress.

This was a great tipoff, thanks!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Peak Rogan, Peak Corona

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

"The universe is snorting our lives on the mirror of time." -- Duncan T

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I like Duncan's new show

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Surprised we haven't discussed Joe having Dan Crenshaw on or his declaration that he'd rather vote Trump over Biden.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
i didnt listen to either of those, but i heard it was a shitshow for Dan.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Is Dan Crenshaw doing some kind of media tour? He was on Bill Maher's show as well. Really not a person I care to ever listen to.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Surprised we haven't discussed Joe having Dan Crenshaw on or his declaration that he'd rather vote Trump over Biden.

Joe made Crenshaw look like an idiot when it came to Medicare for All by asking incredibly basic questions.

Lambert posted:

Is Dan Crenshaw doing some kind of media tour? He was on Bill Maher's show as well. Really not a person I care to ever listen to.

He's got a book out. He had two copies of it turned towards the camera when he was on Maher.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Lambert posted:

who, maher or crenshaw :v:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Joe buying into Obamagate is the least surprising thing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm guessing Joe doesn't realize it's just a rebranding of "Spygate".

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Joe moving exclusively to Spotify. No youtube/other platforms starting next year.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Maybe this is his exit strategy? Sellout after 10 years? Good for him I guess. Too bad about the audience.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Harminoff posted:

Joe moving exclusively to Spotify. No youtube/other platforms starting next year.

Wonder what that means for his fight companions. It's mainly the only thing of his I ever watch/listen to.

This reminds me that LPOTL moved to Spotify a while ago and I pretty much stopped listening. Need to catch on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

toggle posted:

Maybe this is his exit strategy? Sellout after 10 years? Good for him I guess. Too bad about the audience.

I dont get it, how this this affect the audience? Spotify is a free download and hes still doing video + podcasts