Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

Internetjack posted:

Drain pump on washing machine making horrible rattling/grinding noise. No water draining from machine.
Siphoned off water, not too much mess. Found a dime, a peso, some weed-whacker string, some carpet string in the reservoir before the pump. Coins look ancient!

Bench tested the pump. Ran smooth!

Re-installed, started a cycle and the thing is rattling/grinding just as loud. No water draining. :( But hey, a dime and a peso!

Sounds like there is a clog upstream and the rattling is just the impeller, assuming you bench tested it wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

What do you have against boxers? What kind of SICK SON OF A BITCH ARE YOU!!!211

I just mean if a well trained dog can make a decent appetizer from boxed pasta, a goon probably can. It's hard for dogs to shape pasta balls with its paws and also the dog tends to eat a lot of the pasta during the process and people tend to ask a lot of uncomfortable questions if they see the dog making them or if they find out later that the dog made them. Mostly I think they are jealous of the dog.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

I just mean if a well trained dog can make a decent appetizer from boxed pasta, a goon probably can. It's hard for dogs to shape pasta balls with its paws and also the dog tends to eat a lot of the pasta during the process and people tend to ask a lot of uncomfortable questions if they see the dog making them or if they find out later that the dog made them. Mostly I think they are jealous of the dog.

Yeah, me too.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I cooked something bad for dinner and am now paying for it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Outrail posted:

I cooked something bad for dinner and am now paying for it.

How bad

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

grillster posted:

Sounds like there is a clog upstream and the rattling is just the impeller, assuming you bench tested it wet.

I tested it dry. Just applied AC for about 5 seconds, two different times. Seemed to whir along fine. I can see how it it might seem fine with no load on it now that I think about it. The hose from the main compartment is pretty big diameter, but the thing is 18+ years old. Who knows what is in there. I'll prod around there on the next go. Thanks!

No service people available til end of month.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

Internetjack posted:

I tested it dry. Just applied AC for about 5 seconds, two different times. Seemed to whir along fine. I can see how it it might seem fine with no load on it now that I think about it. The hose from the main compartment is pretty big diameter, but the thing is 18+ years old. Who knows what is in there. I'll prod around there on the next go. Thanks!

No service people available til end of month.

That's weird, I would check the downstream pipe too. Good luck. Washing machines are a bitch, mine is apart until I order another control panel from ElectroLux/Frigidaire. Baking the control panel in the oven worked, but not permanently.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

You know when you eat something bad and a little while later your stomach starts to hurt, and it aches and gets worse and worse and then at some point you poo poo yourself empty and feel a whole lot better? I don't feel a whole lot better yet. Thanks for reading.

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

Outrail posted:

You know when you eat something bad and a little while later your stomach starts to hurt, and it aches and gets worse and worse and then at some point you poo poo yourself empty and feel a whole lot better? I don't feel a whole lot better yet. Thanks for reading.

I did that a few weeks ago and the wife assumed it was all of us getting COVID.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Your Shoes posted:

I did that a few weeks ago and the wife assumed it was all of us getting COVID.

Oh gently caress did I eat the covid? gently caress yeah

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Pan-fried a steak then sauteed some mushrooms and onions in a whole fuckload of butter for dinner. Meant to make a salad or a baked potato or something to go with it but :effort:

Steak and shrooms were delicious tho

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

Next time you make pasta like that don't eat it.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "But BBC I need that pasta it's fine, it's good as a side it's ok, it-" No. I don't like it.
Take the pasta and put it into a tupperware container or a bowl or an old sock that you found it's fine. Put it in the fridge and let it get cold like leftovers except it's not leftovers because it's not really leftover, it's still first...overs or whatever.
Anyway after it's cold and firm get a scoop or make your hands into a scoop shape and roll the pasta up into ball shapes like little pasta turds. Gross. then dunk them quickly into a whisked egg or two that you have in another bowl. You need to have that I forgot that I'm sorry.
Once they come out then roll them in some breadcrumbs that you forgot you had for making meatloaf.
Then put your noodle poop into your air fryer and now you have deep fried mac and cheese balls to suck on. You can dip them in sauces or just eat them plain with your hands or if they got too well done maybe play beer pong with them I dunno.
They should look like this. A boxer made these in his air fryer you can do it in yours if he can.

:aaaaa:

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

spacetoaster posted:

Any of you guys use a safety razor?

I just got one because buying gillette blades is crazy expensive (like 4 dollars a blade) and this safety razor you can get 100 blades for 5 dollars.

It seems to work great, but my oldest daughter has confiscated it for her personal use. So I'm going to buy another one.

There's a whole mega thread over in YLLS on safety razors. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3523526#post410702789

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
safety razors are twee bullshit, there's a reason people stopped using them when cartridge razors came out

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

prom candy posted:

there's a reason people stopped using them when cartridge razors came out

What's the reason?

:allears:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Welp, I guess my work is doing better than expected cuz I'm unfurloughed all the days I had to take off the next 6 weeks.

That kinda sucks, I've been enjoying Wednesdays off.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

prom candy posted:

safety razors are twee bullshit, there's a reason people stopped using them when cartridge razors came out

And that reason is because cartridge razors are more convenient and require less effort, not because safety razors were bad because they're not at all. My grandpa used a safety razor for his whole life and he had the closest shave I've ever seen.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

And that reason is because cartridge razors are more convenient and require less effort, not because safety razors were bad because they're not at all. My grandpa used a safety razor for his whole life and he had the closest shave I've ever seen.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I'm still waiting on him to give us the reason. Because after 20 years of using cartridges I can't think of a reason not to use a safety razor other than you like paying a lot of money.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

spacetoaster posted:

I'm still waiting on him to give us the reason. Because after 20 years of using cartridges I can't think of a reason not to use a safety razor other than you like paying a lot of money.

I love my Mach3 out of convenience, laziness, and because the pricing isn't that bad as long as I wait for sales (unlike the stupidly expensive gimmicky newer Gillette stuff), but I'll admit it's straight up inferior to safety razors.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Check this poo poo out:

I like shaving with a safety razor so I do it.

It's a blazingly hot, some might say, unhandle-able take, but I'm willing to put that out there.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Big Beef City posted:

Check this poo poo out:

I like shaving with a safety razor so I do it.

It's a blazingly hot, some might say, unhandle-able take, but I'm willing to put that out there.

I bet you don't even use a French press for your coffee you cretin.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I bet you don't even use a French press for your coffee you cretin.

The best coffee is gas station coffee :colbert:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

spacetoaster posted:

What's the reason?

:allears:

they manage to not cut your face up when you don't follow the precise ritual laid out by BabyButtFace109 on forums.hotshaveweb.net

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

prom candy posted:

they manage to not cut your face up when you don't follow the precise ritual laid out by BabyButtFace109 on forums.hotshaveweb.net

Just shave in the shower no need to go all brush crazy.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I tried growing green onions, and in my hubris, I grew too goddamn many of them.

Anybody got suggestions for recipes? I don't know what to do with them all.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

How many is "too many" and what are your storage options

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

LadyPictureShow posted:

I tried growing green onions, and in my hubris, I grew too goddamn many of them.

Dice and freeze, then throw a handful in a soup when you need to.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Green onion soup

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

My facial hair is pretty uncooperative and no cartridge razor can tame it without razorburn. I use a Mühle R41 now and it's goddamn amazing, just a satisfying close shave in 2 passes. I tried the feather starter safety razor years ago and it was the worst, but this one has a much more aggressive blade angle and a wide open comb so it performs exactly the same versus a week's stubble. It changed my life you could say.

Given the sharpening kick I've been thinking about straight razors.....

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

Garnish everything

E:. I am making chicken veg soup in celebration of the cold lovely rain

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You can use up a lot of green onions if you make Mongolian beef.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Scallion pancakes :getin:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Anne Whateley posted:

Scallion pancakes :getin:

Oh my god scallion pancakes are so drat good :swoon:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Egg. Foo. Yung.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

LadyPictureShow posted:

olives black posted:

olives black's Hamburger and Rice

1 lb 90/10 hamburger (this is important - most of the fat should come from the olive oil)
2 bundles of green onions (these usually come in little bundles of 6-8 individual sprigs in US supermarkets)
1 cup white rice (cook it in a steamer beforehand)
Bragg's Liquid Aminos
cayenne pepper
extra virgin olive oil

1. chop green onions
2. put hamburger in pan on medium heat and chop the everloving poo poo out of it with a proper steel turner/spatula (preferably a turner since they're the only food-pushy-aroundy tool worth a poo poo)
3. Squirt some aminos into the pan once the hamburger is half-cooked
4. put the onions in and cook them until they're a little soft (the hamburger should also be done at this point)
5. spoon some of it onto some rice and mix it in with a fork/hand/genitals
6. drizzle some olive oil, some more aminos and some cayenne pepper onto it and mix again
7. put it in your face
8. marvel at how loving useless most of your spice rack is now that you've eaten the tastiest rice/protein meal that you will ever taste
9. seriously, every batch of stir fry more complicated rice and meat dishes that I've ever eaten has sucked poo poo compared to this. you got the salt, you got the fat, you got the spicyness

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Anyone else killing time and pretending they are going to the mall by buying unnecessary poo poo online?

This week I've bought:

3 seasons of a programme I've already watched
A dashcam for the car I am not driving
SD card for a camera that I am not using to take photos
Yet another watch to sit on the shelf with my other unused watches

I almost bought another phone, despite being confined to a space where I am not more 4 feet from a laptop, pc or tablet.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Moo the cow posted:

Anyone else killing time and pretending they are going to the mall by buying unnecessary poo poo online?

This week I've bought:

3 seasons of a programme I've already watched
A dashcam for the car I am not driving
SD card for a camera that I am not using to take photos
Yet another watch to sit on the shelf with my other unused watches

I almost bought another phone, despite being confined to a space where I am not more 4 feet from a laptop, pc or tablet.

yes. I just bought a 4-pack of smart plugs as overkill for a lamp that annoys me, and a cute little french fry print from an artist I like. both very unnecessary

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I bought new walking shoes almost a month ago from Schuh that I'm still waiting for (thanks a loving lot, UPS, for losing the package).
I also recently bought a handheld rig for my DSLR, which, like Moo the cow, I'm not using. I also have my eye on a sweet Carpenter Brut badge that's going on sale tomorrow evening.

E: It was a Carpenter Brut badge, but I had my eye on a Perturbator shirt earlier too.

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I bought $800 worth of knives.