Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

Essensialism is a lie there is no innate inner self, only a long line of socially prescribed identities being recognized by others in a desperate attempt to make order in a chaotic world.

Hail satan

Everyone has an innate inner self. It's just that our innate inner selves are terrible. The chaos is in our mind, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

quote:

Looking at my own reflection
When suddenly it changes
Violently it changes

There is no turning back now
You've woken up the demon in me

Get up, come on get down with the sickness.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/170-i-cant-believe-im-getting-paid-for-this/
we have met pierre (the ghost??)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Human Robert seems like a quality role model.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Relatable!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
well, that's unsettling

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

A big flaming stink posted:

well, that's unsettling

http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/144-spoiler-dogs/

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Literally Kermit posted:

http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/144-spoiler-dogs/

Yes, that's the unsettling part!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Posting tweets for the last couple of strips because they’re fun!

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1254643130151735297?s=21

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1256085022257213441?s=21

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Drugs are for losers AND Eliza

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

You're welcome

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Congrats on your anniversary, Gob!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Nine Inch Balls sounds like my type of music.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Eliza's expression in that last panel is loving amazing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Guys I'm scared but o don't want to be.

I just don't know why I'm worried that Horley and Melanie are... Entangled unusually.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
if you want compliments, pasqualo, do not under any circumstances ask a published writer for feedback

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1259700105034096640?s=19

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Don't worry Gob, to avoid misunderstandings caused by verbal shortcuts turning your words into something lewd, I'll make sure to only say that you're planning to whack your balls off.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I think every single creative type can relate to that last panel at some point in their lives

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The thing about constructive criticism is that correcting flaws takes work and I am a lazy jerk.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I really don't feel like I can add anything to this thread without simply saying how much I like it. I'd be a terrible critic.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1261166505523200000

pasqy draw the clock

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
There's so much ADHD burnout grown-up potential in pasq and I'm just like, so glad I don't have to deal with being a loving woman on top of it, because I'm not sure i would've made it with how unfair the world is.

IDK where I'm going with that but this coming makes me really feel things and I appreciate your art gob.

You seem to be a swell guy and the world needs more goobers like you.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

There's so much ADHD burnout grown-up potential in pasq and I'm just like, so glad I don't have to deal with being a loving woman on top of it, because I'm not sure i would've made it with how unfair the world is.

IDK where I'm going with that but this coming makes me really feel things and I appreciate your art gob.

You seem to be a swell guy and the world needs more goobers like you.

Thank you very much!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It sometimes feels like Pasquallo is a bit insecure.

magicalblender
Sep 29, 2007
That park is a ten minute drive from my house. I had my suspicions during its earlier appearances, but today's alt text confirmed it.

Compliments to Gob for his ability to draw instantly recognizable facsimiles of real hills, give or take a fake tree.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
hey, is their any way to view the winter wonderland special that was the fake epilogue to it hurts!! ? i introduced a friend to ih and she loved it but she's bummed she can't find it on the site anymore

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

hey, is their any way to view the winter wonderland special that was the fake epilogue to it hurts!! ? i introduced a friend to ih and she loved it but she's bummed she can't find it on the site anymore
Sorry for the inconvenience, but I sort of "retired" that comic. It was originally made it solely as an extra for the 6th IH book, where it'll always remain. I originally put it up on the site when I just finished it, because it was around Christmastime and I figured it'd be a nice treat. I've taken it down and put it back up a few years, but recently I feel that it being on the site kind of distracts from the actual ending of IT HURTS. Not to be an overdramatic silly goose, but that ending is very dear to me and the last thing I want is people thinking "Winter Wonderland" is an epilogue or post-ending or something.

Thank you for bringing this up, because I think tonight I'm going to drop the book-exclusive IH comics in my Patreon discord. So being a Patron (any tier) will grant access to those comics, as well as buying the books.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
nice! she's happy to hear that

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
why hiatus :smith:

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

I'm taking a little bit of time off to relax. Work has been stressful again, and unfortunately drawing 2 PFM comics a week has been a little tough lately. That bums me out and I appreciate you guys' Patience. On the plus side, I do alreay have 4 comics of the next arc finished.

Also, I've been working on other projects. I realized we haven't put out a PFM book yet, so I've been drawing little in-between painting pages right now. I'll probably draw an extra, exclusive PFM comic for the book, too.

I've also been playing Katamari Reroll, Indivisible, and Celeste.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Gobolatula posted:

Also, I've been working on other projects. I realized we haven't put out a PFM book yet, so I've been drawing little in-between painting pages right now. I'll probably draw an extra, exclusive PFM comic for the book, too.

I've also been playing Katamari Reroll, Indivisible, and Celeste.

hell yeah

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
You should play good games instead.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Mordja posted:

:frogout:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Mordja posted:

Screw you. Celeste owns really much.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mordja posted:

You must not watch GDQ, because you'd realize that awful games are the most entertaining games.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

All of those games are good, but they all have the key flaw of not being Deadly Premonition 2.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

You must not watch GDQ, because you'd realize that awful games are the most entertaining games.

I was in bed sick during the Superman 64/Arabian nights awful block and for weeks thought that nights run had to have just been a fever induced hallucination.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zerilan posted:

I was in bed sick during the Superman 64/Arabian nights awful block and for weeks thought that nights run had to have just been a fever induced hallucination.

The disaster Animorphs run was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
https://twitter.com/cantfinddaisy/status/1270393234213105664?s=20

Speaking of Twitter, Gob -- I got into Beach House because I replayed your RPG Maker project back in November and thought "huh, this music is actually pretty neat" and then went to the final strip of It Hurts!! to see which song was linked to in the final comic. "Days of Candy" made me cry in bed that night, and then I felt kind of depressed for a couple of days because it resonated with me way too much. This was also around the time that this PFM!!! strip came out, and Pasq's intense self-criticism of her mistakes and issues with friends getting into a relationship were also something that I could relate to. "Days of Candy" to this day is my favorite Beach House song, but I can't get into it unless I'm in that depressive spiral mode.

Thanks for introducing me to Beach House; it helped me get through some of the more difficult times during a challenging part of my life. I listened to Bloom a lot during my morning trips to the school where I student taught, and that 1-2 punch of "Myth" and "Wild" helped give me the momentum needed to make that lengthy walk and remain in a good mood afterward.