Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Feel kind of bad for the guy who played Hush since he's kind of out of a job now.

They'll still need him for scenes when he needs to take off the face mask or do stuff under his Hush identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Xelkelvos posted:

They'll still need him for scenes when he needs to take off the face mask or do stuff under his Hush identity.

They won't do it for obvious reasons, but they really should also still have him for voice work, since technically only Mouse has the "able to impersonate every voice" ability. Hush should still sound just like Tommy Elliott.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

They won't do it for obvious reasons, but they really should also still have him for voice work, since technically only Mouse has the "able to impersonate every voice" ability. Hush should still sound just like Tommy Elliott.

Eh... that just sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Just have "Bruce's" first scene of next season be him with a diction coach, brushing up on his Moses Supposes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

It looked to me that Alice was sewing his face on.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I thought the whole point if giving Mouse Bruce's face was to get him in to snag the kryptonite at WayneTech, why would she make it easy for Mouse to take the fleshmask off??

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

I thought the whole point if giving Mouse Bruce's face was to get him in to snag the kryptonite at WayneTech, why would she make it easy for Mouse to take the fleshmask off??

Mouse is dead. That was Hush aka Tommy Elliot aka bandage boy.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It’s a pity Arrow didn’t get one more season because Oliver would have been a good choice for a minor crossover. He and Kate would work well together.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

It’s a pity Arrow didn’t get one more season because Oliver would have been a good choice for a minor crossover. He and Kate would work well together.

People talk about the Kate/Kara relationship in the crossovers, but honestly the parts where Kate was at her best in Elseworlds was when she was playing off Oliver. It was a a hell of a wasted opportunity to not have them interact more than they did.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

This is crazy

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1262865914283937793

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

what the gently caress

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I just watched the whole series over the last two weeks (minus Sunday’s episode) and honestly... that’s fine? I like her, but she doesn’t feel like super girl, where she has to play her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's crazy. If its not about her physical wellbeing, I wonder what it was.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Good. She brought the show down

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

Money? And certainly you had the usual suspects in the fandom registering their complaints.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

It might be one of those things where she was primarily a movie actor and has decided she didn't like the rigors of television acting.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Make Mary Batwoman.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If Rachel Skarsten (Alice) is out next I'm done with the show

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Write out Alice, replace Ruby with Rachel Skarsten.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Can't wait to hear a bunch of jokes next season to the tune of "Did you do something to your hair?"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Write out Alice, replace Ruby with Rachel Skarsten.

Just revert back to Kate and Alice being identical and have Rachel play both of them.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Move all the actresses one place over.

Alice plays Kate

Mary plays Alice

Mary's dead mom plays Mary.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

She had great chemistry with Supergirl and I'll be sad if we lose that :(

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Y'all know they're just gonna make Sophie be Batwoman, right?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That's too bad. I didn't see too much of the show but I thought Rose brought a decent vibe to Kate.

Though I can see her being tired of the TV schedule and wanting to get out while there's this bizarre pandemic-based opportunity to do so.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rose was incredibly stilted during the Elseworlds crossover, but I thought she was settling into a nice groove as the season went on. I'm going to guess the departure was a combo of the grind of a twenty two episode season, her health, and maybe she didn't like Vancouver?

I am curious who they get as a replacement.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

nooneofconsequence posted:

Make Mary Batwoman.

Make her Batwoman, but nobody tells her.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Hasn't the Batwoman set had horrible injuries and accidents this first season with both the cast and the normal crew? I wouldn't blame her if she just doesn't trust the CW with as heavy as it is action wise.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Teek posted:

Hasn't the Batwoman set had horrible injuries and accidents this first season with both the cast and the normal crew? I wouldn't blame her if she just doesn't trust the CW with as heavy as it is action wise.

Ruby Rose was almost paralyzed during the filming. I bet that's a factor in her decision.

(link is to an older story from way before she left the show.)
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/28/entertainment/ruby-rose-surgery-trnd/index.html
"she herniated two discs while performing stunts a couple months ago. The injury came close to severing her spinal cord, leaving her in "chronic pain" and unable to feel her arms"

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Rose was incredibly stilted during the Elseworlds crossover, but I thought she was settling into a nice groove as the season went on. I'm going to guess the departure was a combo of the grind of a twenty two episode season, her health, and maybe she didn't like Vancouver?

I am curious who they get as a replacement.

I was thinking about potential replacements and what traits they would need to have, and I realized that we've gone through a full season of the show and I don't really know who Kate Kane is as a character. With Supergirl or Barry Allen or any number of other CWverse heroes I have a solid idea of what they're about, but Kate is still such a blank slate. While this is an indictment of the writing on the show thus far, it also gives them some freedom in recasting, especially now that they know how the other elements of the show work together. I'm optimistic.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

I was thinking about potential replacements and what traits they would need to have, and I realized that we've gone through a full season of the show and I don't really know who Kate Kane is as a character. With Supergirl or Barry Allen or any number of other CWverse heroes I have a solid idea of what they're about, but Kate is still such a blank slate. While this is an indictment of the writing on the show thus far, it also gives them some freedom in recasting, especially now that they know how the other elements of the show work together. I'm optimistic.

Honestly, in the comics, there's not been a lot of characterization to her either, I feel. Like there's the various details in her backstory, but as a person, idk if there's ever been much exploration of that so there's a lot open there, but at the same time it's not a strong foundation to be on.

Ostensibly, they might just recast her and just not draw all that much attention to it. The alternative is that they close out the show and reboot it with the rest of the bat team. Maybe Gotham Underground or Bat Inc or something.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Crazy thought, if Green Arrow and the Canaries doesn't pan out, we could use Katherine McNamara as the new Batwoman.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
welp so much for that

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ApeHawk posted:

Y'all know they're just gonna make Sophie be Batwoman, right?

I was about to say I'd scream in rage but frankly if she was Batwoman, at least there wouldn't be any more Kate-and-Sophie plots. So yeah, gently caress it, let's do this.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 20, 2020

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Arrowverse is the perfect setting to recast someone. They could even have the time idiots gently caress something up and cause it if they want to address it in setting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Do it Big Bad Beetleborgs style where they recast a character but a magic Elvis/Leno genie casts a spell where the character looks like their old version in universe but not to the audience.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TwoPair posted:

I was about to say I'd scream in rage but frankly if she was Batwoman, at least there wouldn't be any more Kate-and-Sophie plots. So yeah, gently caress it, let's do this.

Sophie gazing conflicted at herself in a mirror.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Do it Big Bad Beetleborgs style where they recast a character but a magic Elvis/Leno genie casts a spell where the character looks like their old version in universe but not to the audience.

That or the "Don Cheadle Is James Rhodes Now" approach. Have the new actor walk into a room, everyone gawks at her knowingly and she just goes "Yeah, it's me, I'm here now. Deal with it."

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Have there been other shows where they've replaced the actual lead headlining main character like this? I can only remember Spartacus, which was an understandable situation.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Watched Sundays episode and then just caught up on this thread. Goddammit I was really starting to like this show a lot. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

BrianWilly posted:

Have there been other shows where they've replaced the actual lead headlining main character like this? I can only remember Spartacus, which was an understandable situation.

Babylon 5.