Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Thirteen politicians are trapped in a room. Three of them have been taken control of by covid-19. Find the infected or die to them (not a zombie game).

The mafia rules are the same as in basically every other Mafia game ever. If you don't know them by now, go read the start of another Mafia game, because I don't feel like stealing them from someone!

The WIFOA rules part is as follows:

1) Before the game begins, there will be a contest to see what the draft order will be for power roles. This contest will be as follows: Everyone sends me a pair of numbers secretly, but may talk about what they picked in the thread as they wish. Whoever chooses the lowest first number that the fewest other people picked picks first, followed by whoever picked the second lowest first number that the fewest other people picked, etc., then they are follwed by those who chose the lowest number that the second fewest number of other people picked, etc. The second number is a tiebreaker to be used in the same way, and if there is a tie beyond that, the order will be random.

It's a lot easier than it sounds, so here's an example:

Person A: 1,1
Person B: 1,2
Person C: 1,3
Person D: 2,1
Person E: 2,1
Person F: 3,5

So, in this scenario, Person F would go first, because his first number, 3, was picked by nobody else. Second and third would be D and E, though which was second and which was third would be decided randomly. Fourth would be Person A, who picked the most popular first number, but also had the lowest second number. Then Person B would be fifth, and Person C would be last. Simple!

2) The reason you're doing this is to draft power roles. Whoever picks first gets their choice of any power role they want, and it continues down the line. Picking something that someone already picked means that you don't get that power: you are simply vanilla. You may also choose to be vanilla if you want to. You'll also know whether or not you're scum before you pick, though you will not be told who your partners are. The draft choices and their role PMs in this game are as follows:

Dramatic Bodyguard: You are a dramatic bodyguard. Each night, you may choose to protect one person from being killed. If that person is the target of a night kill that night, you will die instead of that person, but because you are dramatic, the person who was supposed to die will see everything, including who it was that tried to kill them but killed you instead.

One-shot Vigilante: You are a one-shot vigilante. Each night, you may choose to kill someone. You may only do this once per game.

Cop: You are a sane cop. Each night, you may choose to investigate someone. If the person you investigate is town, they will turn up town, if scum, they will turn up scum.

Rolecop: You are a rolecop. Each night, you may choose to investigate someone. The role they chose in the draft will be revealed to you, AS WELL AS whether or not they got it.

Doctor: You are a doctor. Each night, you may choose someone besides yourself to protect. That person will be impossible to kill that night.

One-shot Oracle: You are a one-shot oracle. Each night, you may predict who it is that will be lynched the following day. If you are correct, you may choose to prevent the lynch of that person. When you prevent a lynch, you may no longer use this power.

One-shot Watcher/Tracker: You are a one-shot watcher/tracker. Each night, you may choose to watch and track someone. You will see where they go, if anywhere, at night, as well as who, if anyone, visits them. You may only do this once per game.

One-shot Hastener: You are a one-shot hastener. Each night, you may choose to enable someone to perform a single additional night action at any point during the rest of the game, even people who have only one action (for example, if you hastened the one-shot vigilante, they would be a two-shot vigilante, while if you hastened a cop, they would get two investigations one night that they chose). You may only do this once per game.

Voodoofly: You are Voodoofly, the namesake of this game. You are given one lurker judge gavel. During any game day except mylo/lylo, you may ##gavel [player] to flip them and remove them from the game. This action will only successfully target a player who has the least amount of posts out of all of the remaining players. This will not end the day. Votes will be reset.

3) Everyone, when submitting their draft choices, also may guess at the two SECRET ROLES. These roles are (duh) secret. However, if anyone correctly guesses the name of one of the SECRET ROLES, they will get it instead of the role they drafted. If two people guess the same SECRET ROLE (doubtful) then whoever is higher on the draft chart gets it, and the other will get their regularly scheduled role. You get two hints at the SECRET ROLES names:

1) Neither is "Hypercharger" or any variant thereof.
2) Both have nine letters.

1. b-minus1
  2. CCKeane
  3. Chili
  4. Cidrick
  5. Dhaes
  6. dy. (cool dude)
  7. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  8. Highwire
  9. Jamuraan
  10. Pander
  11. Spoonsy (he/him/his)
  12. Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)
  13. wins32767

3,16 Highwire
5,3 Cidrick
6,9 Jamuraan
7,1 Dhaes
8,3 Chili
2,1 dy.
2,2 Pander
1,1 wins32767
1,1 Voodoofly
1,1 Keane
4,2 Hal Incandenza
4,3 b-minus1
4,3 Spoonsy

Please PM me your role selections.

merk fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Finally someone

Let's go

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Yup.

I'm also going to try and drag Cidrick back the way I got dragged back.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

Yup.

I'm also going to try and drag Cidrick back the way I got dragged back.

Tell Cidrick I got him a job (six years or more ago) so he owes me participation in a game.

merk fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 20, 2020

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

merk posted:

Tell Cidrick I got him a job (six years or more ago) so he owes me participation in a game.

This is true.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Cidrick posted:

This is true.

gently caress YES!!!!

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
Jesus, thinking back, that was 2010 when you got me that job. It's been ten stupid years since I started playing Mafia.

Voodoofly posted:

gently caress YES!!!!

Hi man! I haven't played Mafia in..... a long time, so I promise I'll suck very badly for all of you.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Just going to say this now as I'm being sincere. I missed all of you lovely people. It's a pleasure to call you all scum once again (especially that scummy mod merk).

Cidrick posted:

Hi man! I haven't played Mafia in..... a long time, so I promise I'll suck very badly for all of you.

My first game in 8 years or so is just finishing up so I will say no more on that one. But let's just say you are going to have company.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
This sounds fun. I’m in

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I'm play

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I will play and I am going to be taking the role of mischievous monkey that can throw poop so please nobody pick this role thank you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It's no movie night, but at least this one has signups!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

oh boy time to see how vanilla I'm gonna be in another wifoa game.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Golden age of Mafia players? No longer reading the news so I'm not mired in a pit of depression daily? Sign me up!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
8/13 sign ups!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

It's all happening!

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Did someone invite Chili yet?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Dammit, I just stopped playing mafia again. I'd love to spectate.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Yeah ok. Where the gently caress is dhaes? Can we get a dhaes?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

It's all happening, with a bouquet of flowers!

Chili posted:

I miss you buddy

Same

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 20, 2020

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Voodoofly posted:

It's all happening, with a bouquet of flowers!

I miss you buddy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Just 3 more!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I literally copied this op from an old game and it talks about "secret roles" that have nine letters which I now have to figure out. I made my own mystery through plagiarism.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Dammit, I just stopped playing mafia again. I'd love to spectate.

I mean I'll vote you day 1 if that gives you a reason to play.

merk posted:

I literally copied this op from an old game and it talks about "secret roles" that have nine letters which I now have to figure out. I made my own mystery through plagiarism.

Does 9 letters include spaces, or would, say, a four letter word and five letter word work too?

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

wins32767 posted:

Did someone invite Chili yet?

Chili posted:

Yeah ok. Where the gently caress is dhaes? Can we get a dhaes?

Well, hi there gang. This game of Mafia is already giving me happy nostalgic feels.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Monkeypoo is 9 letters, friend.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Merk I want you to put in a 9 letter role that's close to your heart.

Your heart, right here...

*slips a fiver into merk's shirt pocket*

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

CCKeane posted:

...heart.

...heart, right here...

...mills? Is that you?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Cidrick posted:

Well, hi there gang. This game of Mafia is already giving me happy nostalgic feels.

Having flashbacks to Mass Effect with this crew.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

Godfather was one if I remember that game correctly.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

*blows dust off of Mafia hat*

I seem to recall the thing to do in these games is to proclaim loudly that you're going to be doing 1,1 no matter what anyone else does.

1,1. I have a track record.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

You see, I have this condition...
I heard rumour that the smartest detectives on the internet were getting together to argue again.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Highwire posted:

I heard rumour that the smartest detectives on the internet were getting together to argue again.

Welcome back!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Highwire posted:

You were sorely mistaken.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

You see, I have this condition...

Voodoofly posted:

You were sorely mistaken.

I didn’t mean here, obviously.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
JUST ONE MORE

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

OK I'll do it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Let the town streak continue :pray:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Highwire posted:

Hi Highwire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

wins32767 posted:

*blows dust off of Mafia hat*

I seem to recall the thing to do in these games is to proclaim loudly that you're going to be doing 1,1 no matter what anyone else does.

1,1. I have a track record.

Seriously though, I am taking 1,1. You can fight me for it and we'll both lose or you can pick something else.