Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Marco's phoenix fruit is od. You get to fly, regenerate wounds, and be a cool fire bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I want the Door Door Fruit.

It's boring but it's super effective.

You can turn people into revolving doors, that’s anything but boring

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Strelok604 posted:

Marco's phoenix fruit is od. You get to fly, regenerate wounds, and be a cool fire bird

Mythical Zoas are pretty powerful, Catarina Devon's fruit lets her transform into other poeple and turns her into a bad rear end fox woman. And then there is Kaido.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

side_burned posted:

Mythical Zoas are pretty powerful, Catarina Devon's fruit lets her transform into other poeple and turns her into a bad rear end fox woman. And then there is Kaido.

Sengoku's gives him a big "shut the gently caress up" beam.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Asuron posted:

You can turn people into revolving doors, that’s anything but boring

gonna suck when the live action series makes it just shy of enies lobby, because the revolution will not be televised.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I feel like a massive part of One Piece's appeal is how outrageously cartoony and fantastical it is. It seems like the oddest possible choice for a live action adaption.
I could see it kind of working if it was a Shaolin Soccer sort of deal but I still think it would be missing the ridiculous character of the manga.

The absurd character designs would also have to be way toned down.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

The point of Luffy's power is to allow him to stretch and change shape to fit Oda's fantastical and exaggerated style. Live action will be a disaster

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Julias posted:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-marty-adelstein-updates-cowboy-bebop-one-piece-series

Status update on the development of the Cowboy Bebop and One Piece live action series.

Oh cool it's the guy behind the Snowpierecer tv show, which took an overt class warfare message and turned it into a cop show.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
New marine recruit Larry dee monkey

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

RatHat posted:

How many hours did that take you?
My file says 30! 30 hours well spent mashing the poo poo outta the square button

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cat Machine posted:

My file says 30! 30 hours well spent mashing the poo poo outta the square button

Wow that's a LOT less than I was expecting.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

side_burned posted:

And then there is Kaido.

Yeah but why would I want to transform into an Oni?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

RatHat posted:

Wow that's a LOT less than I was expecting.
Once you know the best builds and where most character coins are, levelling characters can be done pretty efficiently - especially in comparison to PW3. I took Katakuri from level 1 to his super-broken level 18 build in about half an hour.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Akainu is hilariously brutal in PW4. Huge attack radius, huge damage, and leaves behind DOTs just in case you didn't instakill everything within three city blocks with your basic combo. I've also found that the skills that increase your attack and defence at low health are the most effective for high-level play (along with the four resource-farming skills), although I'm open to alternatives.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If I liked Hyrule Warriors will I like Pirate Warriors 4? Also the Switch version is bad right?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Pirate Warriors 4 is the best musou game ever made so yeah, if you like Hyrule Warriors you will like PW4

Darth Walrus posted:

Akainu is hilariously brutal in PW4. Huge attack radius, huge damage, and leaves behind DOTs just in case you didn't instakill everything within three city blocks with your basic combo. I've also found that the skills that increase your attack and defence at low health are the most effective for high-level play (along with the four resource-farming skills), although I'm open to alternatives.
Zoro and Bege's skills are a must - healing while in full-force burst and extended full-force burst, respectively. Form changes count as FFBs, so on characters like Luffy and Kaido you're essentially invulnerable. If you play Luffy right, you can just alternate between Boundman and Snakeman for an entire level.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

Pirate Warriors 4 is the best musou game ever made so yeah, if you like Hyrule Warriors you will like PW4
Zoro and Bege's skills are a must - healing while in full-force burst and extended full-force burst, respectively. Form changes count as FFBs, so on characters like Luffy and Kaido you're essentially invulnerable. If you play Luffy right, you can essentially alternate between Boundman and Snakeman for an entire level.

You definitely need something for damage, though. Killing things fast is the name of the game in a musou, and high-level enemies are really tough even at maxed Attack without damage-boosting skills.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah, I would probably use the low-life boost on top of those skills. Except with Katakuri... Katakuri with his donuts up will happily melt the lifebar of pretty much anyone, skill or no skill.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

Yeah, I would probably use the low-life boost on top of those skills. Except with Katakuri... Katakuri with his donuts up will happily melt the lifebar of pretty much anyone, skill or no skill.

What active abilities did you use for Kat? Did you just stick with the obvious option of his three invincible cutscene attacks and his FFB, or did you go off the beaten path?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The worst spoiler

No chapter next week.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

RatHat posted:

The worst spoiler

No chapter next week.
I guess it’s gonna be two chapters a month for a while, as Oda implied. :(

Darth Walrus posted:

What active abilities did you use for Kat? Did you just stick with the obvious option of his three invincible cutscene attacks and his FFB, or did you go off the beaten path?
I like trying to get the combo counter as high as I can, so I used Buzzcut Mochi and the gatling one (anemone?) along with his 1* mochi drone thing that auto-attacks for you. The drone doesn’t do much damage, but leaves enemies hitstunned and keeps your counter going while Katakuri does his wind-ups. I got to 70,000 hits one time! Probably the most exciting thing that’s happened to me in quarantine.

Other lil tip I have for him is that his Square, Triangle mochi transport move has pretty decent AOE and is faster than his run - pretty great for getting around the map!

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
The blind read has reminded me how much I loved the old style with lots of white backgrounds and simpler art. Comparing to the new chapters it's very relaxing to look at the old ones, although the new chapters are really cool with the details in a different way.

I kind of miss the old art sometimes, though.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Man with Hat posted:

The blind read has reminded me how much I loved the old style with lots of white backgrounds and simpler art. Comparing to the new chapters it's very relaxing to look at the old ones, although the new chapters are really cool with the details in a different way.

I kind of miss the old art sometimes, though.

i think it kinda works with how things are escalating and getting more complex, but i do kinda miss what made me fell in love with one piece which is like the simple and cool adventure stuff.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I generally love all the detail poured into newer one piece but sometimes, especialyl when its like raining or whatever, they definitely become overcrowded.

The colorized one piece chapters on the other hand, really make everything pop and feels right at home with it even if they do haev to put an aura around the characters

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
SJ needs to put out that coloured one piece on the viz app, isn’t it official

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

snickothemule posted:

I'd like the Penguin Penguin fruit because it would probably make your belly really slippery so you could treat the world like a slippery slide and to be honest that sounds like fun.

Why not just ask for alvidas fruit

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Terror Sweat posted:

Why not just ask for alvidas fruit

You dont get to be a penguin

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

side_burned posted:

Now that I think about it, Catarina's devil fruit is basically a straight up better version of Bon Clay's fruit isn't it? Does everything his does and I guess whatever else magic Japan foxes can do.

Marco's is a bit strange since he used no fire attacks whatsoever in the fights we've seen. You got this giant mythical Phoenix man with a glorious St Elmo's color scheme and you dont do any flame themed attacks? All he did was tank hits/regen and do a bunch of kicks. Dunno man, feel very underwhelming for what is one of the coolest fruit ideas.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Now that I think about it, Catarina's devil fruit is basically a straight up better version of Bon Clay's fruit isn't it? Does everything his does and I guess whatever else magic Japan foxes can do.

Marco's is a bit strange since he used no fire attacks whatsoever in the fights we've seen. You got this giant mythical Phoenix man with a glorious St Elmo's color scheme and you dont do any flame themed attacks? All he did was tank hits/regen and do a bunch of kicks. Dunno man, feel very underwhelming for what is one of the coolest fruit ideas.

It seems like he has healing fire instead of burning fire

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Oda confirmed that in an SBS, marco's fire doesn't burn or spread and isn't hot

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Then it's not fuckin' fire cuz that's all the things fire does

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

it's mystery fire yada yada...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also I had to google who Marco was because drat this manga has too many characters

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

shameful. marco and his fruit are insanely good

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

His hair a pineapple.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Also I had to google who Marco was because drat this manga has too many characters

he looks like a pineapple

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The main thing to know about him is that he resembles the tropical plant known as "pineapple"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Ah yes Marco... the pineapple man.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Doctor AND first commander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Marco's the best, smh. I'm still hoping he shows up at the end of Wano as a surprise after he turned down their offer (I know he won't.)