Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also with the exception of Den-O, all of the tributes in Decade take place in AU’s with only a thematic connection to the original. So it’s not really that good an indicator of what the season being crossed over with is actually about. I’d say if you’re interested just go for it.

Decade also features (as far as I’m aware) the first Kamen Rider/Super Sentai crossover in history as it has two episodes devoted to Shinkenger (though Power Rangers technically beat them to it years earlier with the backdoor pilot for Masked Rider they did at the start of MMPR Season 3).

Out of curiosity though, has anyone besides TVN actually subbed Decade in full?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Does Decade have the most in-season cameos for Heisei? He pops up a lot.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

I finished watching Zi-o today.

Decade's constant unending smug really makes me want to see his series so badly. Too bad everyone thinks of it like some series lowpoint, and it's nostalgia-baiting for seasons I don't have any personal experience or attachment to.

Before Decade I'd only watched Den-O and Kabuto. Decade was an enjoyable experience for me.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Larryb posted:

Rider Time. who're still working on the movies iirc. but the tv season is done, so go for it.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Burkion posted:

Lots of things about Showa Ultraman

Interesting stuff! I'll look forward to the Ultra Galaxy Movie, then.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

http://imgur.com/a/4nfYvCy

loving mobile. I can't get it to do.

LastGoodBoy fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 19, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

woo

https://twitter.com/MillCreekEnt/status/1259953822790713345?s=20

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Larryb posted:

Decade also features (as far as I’m aware) the first Kamen Rider/Super Sentai crossover in history

I will die before I let people forget JAKQ vs Goranger.

Well, okay, no, it wasn't a real crossover, exactly. There's a part where the two teams are talking about how the villains are attacking major cities, and mention that Kikaider, Kamen Rider Amazon, and Kamen Rider V3 are fighting the villains in those cities. Kikaider and the Riders aren't shown attacking the villains, it's just still photos of them while it talks about how they're fighting the villains, but it's enough to count as far as I'm concerned.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

I will die before I let people forget JAKQ vs Goranger.

Well, okay, no, it wasn't a real crossover, exactly. There's a part where the two teams are talking about how the villains are attacking major cities, and mention that Kikaider, Kamen Rider Amazon, and Kamen Rider V3 are fighting the villains in those cities. Kikaider and the Riders aren't shown attacking the villains, it's just still photos of them while it talks about how they're fighting the villains, but it's enough to count as far as I'm concerned.

Ah yes, forgot about that. I think there might have been some early stage shows where Sentai and Kamen Rider interacted as well but I’m not entirely sure about that.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

My favorite crossover was when the Megarangers met the Ninja Turtles.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
This actually gives me a good opportunity to give a theory I had ever since I heard Hasbro bought Power Rangers:

Hear me out.

Transformers/Power Rangers crossover.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Junpei posted:

This actually gives me a good opportunity to give a theory I had ever since I heard Hasbro bought Power Rangers:

Hear me out.

In terms of fiction I'm sure it'll happen in the comics sooner rather than later given that the MMPR recently had a crossover with the Ninja Turtles there and the publisher that currently has the Turtles licence also has the Transformers one and them both being Hasbro properties simplifies things compared to Viacom owning the Turtles.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

LastGoodBoy posted:

This is one of the seasons redubbed in Japan, too. I hope they subtitled the turtles.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Junpei posted:

Hear me out.

I want to have the Transformers be like really confused about the status of individuality of the Zords

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Hi guys! I've finally sorted out the subs situation (you know how it is) and I'm happy to announce the next in my series of badly spelled note taking: Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger. I'm in the mood for a laugh and I'm betting this will fulfill my desire to find a Red that is dumb as gently caress!

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

HIJK posted:

Hi guys! I've finally sorted out the subs situation (you know how it is) and I'm happy to announce the next in my series of badly spelled note taking: Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger. I'm in the mood for a laugh and I'm betting this will fulfill my desire to find a Red that is dumb as gently caress!

Don't you dare talk about my precious son, Akiba Red like that. He just hasn't found his way in the world yet!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Oh poo poo!

Eureka on Blu-ray!!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Junpei posted:

Hear me out.

They’ve already had Batman ride in the Mastadon and Leonardo become a Red Ranger in the comics. Why not finish the rest of my childhood fantasies and have Optimus become part of an Ultrazord?

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
Recap was just a clipshow with Aruto and Izu talking over it, nothing too special.

But I want Ark Zero to just straight up use Evil Izu's bratty teenage girl voice the entire time. They can roast Aruto's puns and cheerfully admire the malice of humanity in that voice all while looking like a terrifying nightmare version of Zero-One.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Geostomp posted:

They’ve already had Batman ride in the Mastadon and Leonardo become a Red Ranger in the comics. Why not finish the rest of my childhood fantasies and have Optimus become part of an Ultrazord?

This was brought up a bit in the Power Rangers thread. I stand by my assessment that there's no way that crossover happens without Bumblebee receiving a Power Morpher.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

LastGoodBoy posted:

"Did I ever tell you guys about the time I got baked into a giant pizza?"

Larryb posted:

Honestly the goony way TVN translates Decade, it's almost in character for him.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Junpei posted:

Hear me out.

So the big rumor is that Hasbro wants to make a Cinematic Universe with Bumblebee being a soft reboot for Transformers. There’s supposed to be a new GI Joe Snake Eyes movie coming next year and another Power Rangers reboot with time travel rumored to be involved. Throw in MASK and Micronauts and other 80s toys nobody cares about. Hopefully we’ll see Transformers Vs Power Rangers: Rise if the Visionaries in theaters in 10 years.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Thanks to the O-T crew for subbing Dekaranger. This was the show that got me into toku (and by extension, dramas and other jp shows) in the first place and its been fun going through a rewatch.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Potsticker posted:

Thanks to the O-T crew for subbing Dekaranger. This was the show that got me into toku (and by extension, dramas and other jp shows) in the first place and its been fun going through a rewatch.

Me and a friend of mine were trying to decide which version of the dog, Dekaranger or SPD, was the worse design. I'm still torn.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I actually haven't seen a lot of Power Rangers SPD, just a few episodes here and there. I feel like the SPD version _does_ look more alien and in some ways I prefer it, but the Deka version is still good and I feel like the fur works better than the weird scaly leather.

In conclusion, dog aliens are a land of contrast.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Krueger aside, many many other aliens in Dekaranger also look like somebody’s fur suit. These forums were in our younger, more naive years where it wasn’t inappropriate to compare yourself to a totalitarian fascist when suggesting work camps and death panels for fursonas. So when like the very first scene is Ban interrupting some yiff-wedding and then Krueger appeared later, I decided that Sentai would be dead to me for a year.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Craptacular! posted:

Krueger aside, many many other aliens in Dekaranger also look like somebody’s fur suit. These forums were in our younger, more naive years where it wasn’t inappropriate to compare yourself to a totalitarian fascist when suggesting work camps and death panels for fursonas. So when like the very first scene is Ban interrupting some yiff-wedding and then Krueger appeared later, I decided that Sentai would be dead to me for a year.

I read this post four times and for the life of me I can't understand what you're saying. I find it fascinating, though, and strongly approve of whatever you're saying.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Imagine if Zyuohger had come out during that time.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Sentai Kruger has the deal with it shades, so I gotta go with him. Making a more elaborate costume for him in SPD may have been a bad thing for the show overall too, considering they ended up being unable to get an actor for the actual sixth ranger.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Justin_Brett posted:

Sentai Kruger has the deal with it shades, so I gotta go with him.

Yeah, that was one of my points for Dekaranger's version.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Totally failed to actually catch up on Zero-One or start Kiramager. How are they doing?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kiramager is consistently good and Zero-One took a pretty significant dip after the first arc.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Totally failed to actually catch up on Zero-One or start Kiramager. How are they doing?

Both are on hiatus currently so you’ve got plenty of time to catch up. Kirameiger is absolutely worth watching in my opinion though.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kirameiger is pretty surprisingly great. I love the way the monsters of the episodes are just goofy masks. It feels like a throwback to older eras.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Potsticker posted:

Kirameiger is pretty surprisingly great. I love the way the monsters of the episodes are just goofy masks. It feels like a throwback to older eras.

The monsters honestly wouldn’t look that out of place in Goranger or one of the other early Sentai shows, I kind of love it actually.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Larryb posted:

The monsters honestly wouldn’t look that out of place in Goranger or one of the other early Sentai shows, I kind of love it actually.

I don't know what I was expecting of the show when it was first announced, but I was not prepared for the showa throwback monsters. And just in general Kirameiger has just a good feeling atmosphere all around.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Potsticker posted:

I don't know what I was expecting of the show when it was first announced, but I was not prepared for the showa throwback monsters. And just in general Kirameiger has just a good feeling atmosphere all around.
Cool.

Still holding out hope that Zero-One will get its poo poo back together for the ending, so I can watch it and just skim the middle. It wouldn't be the first KR to start strong and end strong and end up being remembered fondly. Hell, that's almost a KR tradition.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Cool.

Still holding out hope that Zero-One will get its poo poo back together for the ending, so I can watch it and just skim the middle. It wouldn't be the first KR to start strong and end strong and end up being remembered fondly. Hell, that's almost a KR tradition.

I don't have high hopes for it ending strong, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does. If not, well it was a fun season to poo poo on.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

PMush Perfect posted:

Cool.

i personally am enjoying both kiramager and zero one. :shrug: you do you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
Whenever I watch a Showa Era KR episode that involves kids being kidnapped for some reason, a part of my brain thinks "Was Toei trying to give some sort of subtle anti-pedophilia/'Stranger danger!' message?"