Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

ben will lay into you with the FULL FURY of ALL SIX INCHES of his ARMS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/JulioHe35441069/status/1258566724829409280

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

https://twitter.com/maria_rendon97/status/1262389337506881536?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1262930216428670976?s=20

I totally misread this at first and thought they were saying the tv show Big Bang Theory was a Catholic conspiracy.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Who are they talking about that called the cops on the Stonewall Inn?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/LizardRumsfeld/status/1262930216428670976?s=20

I totally misread this at first and thought they were saying the tv show Big Bang Theory was a Catholic conspiracy.

https://twitter.com/FusilliJeremy/status/1262942049742893056

Is this lady aware that she's white?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Fred Sargeant. TERF cult are currently lovebombing as a “Stonewall veteran”.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Fred Sargeant. He and his partner Craig Rodwell started the "Gay Power" chant when they came across the police raid at the Stonewall Inn that led to the Stonewall Riot. I don't know how he is about trans people, but obviously I found it extremely surprising that one of the pivotal figures in Stonewall would be portrayed as anti-Stonewall.

At 15:50 in the video, Sargeant talks about how he and Rodwell had been campaigning against Stonewall (with Sargeant not knowing it was only a gay bar for a few months) for dangerously bad hygiene and questionable practices in trying to identify potential cops at the door.

Unless it's somewhere else in the 24:36 video, there's no point where he says that he and his partner were reporting gay bars to the police and definitely not where he was reporting Stonewall specifically. "Campaigning against" doesn't mean "reporting to the police", especially when he was a personal victim of what could occur from that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

She's a hardcore liberal, so yes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Fred Sargeant. He and his partner Craig Rodwell started the "Gay Power" chant when they came across the police raid at the Stonewall Inn that led to the Stonewall Riot. I don't know how he is about trans people, but obviously I found it extremely surprising that one of the pivotal figures in Stonewall would be portrayed as anti-Stonewall.

At 15:50 in the video, Sargeant talks about how he and Rodwell had been campaigning against Stonewall (with Sargeant not knowing it was only a gay bar for a few months) for dangerously bad hygiene and questionable practices in trying to identify potential cops at the door.

Unless it's somewhere else in the 24:36 video, there's no point where he says that he and his partner were reporting gay bars to the police and definitely not where he was reporting Stonewall specifically. "Campaigning against" doesn't mean "reporting to the police", especially when he was a personal victim of what could occur from that.

It was a mob owned bar, it being loving disgusting hygiene wise isn't surprising.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

SNL not being able to write something ridiculous isn't exactly a high bar.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

grittyreboot posted:

SNL not being able to write something ridiculous isn't exactly a high bar.

Wash them hands for twenty seconds, aaaand keep them clean with that GermX, totally.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I heard something go pop in my brain.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

gently caress it, she's right, it's a public business, nationalize their profits. Amazon, Twitter, and Google are all publicly traded as well.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Anyone with massive amounts of unearned blood money can do it, therefore everyone important can. get wrecked libs im a trump supporter now, that's what the T meant ALL ALONG

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Welcome

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I have long wondered where your avatar came from! :tipshat:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The phrase leaping out from that report is "..reopening following the coronavirus pandemic." which is not going to age well.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/jebrux/status/1262894917631819777?s=21

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I watched a three hour video that went from here’s what twin peaks really means to I was abused as a child, survived a school shooting and can now see all of reality’s synchronicities and quantum divergences. It was real depressing.

Like dude you need a hug and a therapist.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ambitious Spider posted:

I watched a three hour video that went from here’s what twin peaks really means to I was abused as a child, survived a school shooting and can now see all of reality’s synchronicities and quantum divergences. It was real depressing.

Like dude you need a hug and a therapist.

Making the video was their therapy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Ah yes, the four genders: male, female, nonbinary, and trans.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Checked the responses, and it's just people gently explaining to her while she copy-pastes a dumb "sex is immutable" reply to everyone. It's bait where the "gotcha" is that she is deliberately misunderstanding what everyone is saying to make a completely irrelevant and also wrong point.

I have no idea what her endgame is.

E: Obviously her end-endgame is scoring brownie points with transphobes and making trans people illegal, but with this specific tweet, I mean.

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 13:28 on May 20, 2020

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

E: Obviously her end-endgame is scoring brownie points with transphobes and making trans people illegal, but with this specific tweet, I mean.

Impossible! Her bio says she's just gender critical and not a transphobe!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Imagineyourdad/status/1263042168324788224?s=19

https://twitter.com/Imagineyourdad/status/1262832134840094720?s=19

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1263103616404959234?s=20

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm so glad I got out of the jewelry industry. It completely destroyed my faith in humanity. The way people behave and obsess over gemstones is loving wild.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Reddit's dedicated channel for creative writing really comes through with some anger generators

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I love the parsimonious "No more than 10k on a ring tops!"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Picnic Princess posted:

The way people behave and obsess over gemstones is loving wild.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

look if you can't appreciate the amount of money spent on a particular form of carbon that's mined in a particular way and not just made i just don't think you understand how marriage has worked since the late 1800s.

i've got one friend that got his ring tattooed. Didn't make it two years, at least the rings are generally easy to remove.

FFT has a new favorite as of 16:01 on May 20, 2020

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
If a third world child didn't die to unearth it, you don't love me.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

i've seen and heard quite a bit about how obviously diamonds are a scam, just try to sell them lol!

buy your diamond rings from those rubes that try to sell their diamond rings that's dimes on the dollar

"this was someone's grandmother's ring lol"

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKccr8g1xCU

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Sexual Aluminum posted:

If a third world child didn't die to unearth it, you don't love me.

Do you think they got confused between lab-grown diamonds and moissanite/cubic zirconia?

I'm pretty sure that once you wipe the third-world child's blood off a natural diamond, it is identical to a lab-grown one

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Moo the cow posted:

Do you think they got confused between lab-grown diamonds and moissanite/cubic zirconia?

I'm pretty sure that once you wipe the third-world child's blood off a natural diamond, it is identical to a lab-grown one

it's fairly easy to tell a synthetic diamond from a natural one because the lab diamonds have way less impurities and other bullshit in them

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

luxury handset posted:

it's fairly easy to tell a synthetic diamond from a natural one because the lab diamonds have way less impurities and other bullshit in them

No way is that true. Our rational markets would value a lab grown diamonds more highly since it is more pure.

Spare me the forced scarcity bit, I know how the diamond cartel works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

someone tried promoting this in a local quarantine group i'm in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Bx_xYjaLA

quote:

Darryl Rossignol shared their first post.

I didn’t lose my business to the pandemic. I lost my dream of ten years, and the last four years of hard, around-the-clock work, due to the global bureaucratic mishandling of the entire situation. Enough is enough! This is my response to the lies and irresponsibility that have been handed down to us from around the world. I refuse to go along with this new status quo, and if you agree with my message, I would owe you a debt of gratitude if you shared this video on any or all of your social accounts. I have never produced a more important and heavily research video, and I thank you ahead of time for watching. Let’s get the message out that changes need to be made.

https://youtu.be/y1Bx_xYjaLA

Some disclaimers (please read before commenting on YouTube):

Many people that have tried to watch the video believe the video has been taken down, even though it is still up. This is because you received a message that I’ll share a screenshot of in the top comment. By default, YouTube is set with restricted content NOT allowed on your account. It’s another attempt to censor us. But if you go into your settings you can turn that toggle off and watch the video in whatever country you’re in.

The other reason I’m sharing the video here is that the first time I shared it, a couple of you shared my video as well (It’s better to share the direct video with your own messaging, rather than my post. So if you want to share, please just share this URL directly - https://youtu.be/y1Bx_xYjaLA ). Anyway, when just a few of you shared, the video got a big boost and the message went out to a larger audience, but obviously not nearly enough to make a difference. So I’m hoping with a few more shares we can change some more minds. You can also reference this page (which contains the video), as it has a full index of references - https://www.ocpdonline.com/dear-world-leaders-covid-19-resp%85

This video is about ending the lockdowns by any means necessary. If you disagree with my opinions on the wearing of face masks, that’s fine. But it shouldn’t detract from the bigger message of the governments deception and the demand that the lockdowns end. It would be a shame if this message wasn’t spread further just because we don’t see eye to eye on a minor issue. My point with the masks is that we might have to make some temporary concessions in order to achieve autonomy faster.

Bill Gates is mentioned at the beginning of the video due to a specific video in which he warns of a virus. I do not support Bill Gates. But out of all of the many warnings given to governments about this scenario, his is the most famous and the he is the one person that people that disagree with us would consider on their side.

Also, not all of the numbers and scenarios are accurate at this time. But they were 100% accurate as of the recording of this video. Things change. I have no control over that.

If you made it all the way to the end of the video or the end of this message, thank you. Again, my hope is that you share this in order to help the other side see why it’s so important to end the lockdowns and why it’s so important that the pressure is not taken off of the Chinese government.

Oh, and I made it easier to share by adding English closed captions and subtitles in Spanish and Chinese.

suffice to say it didn't go well