Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Wait, what the gently caress is up with the numbers on the Y axis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao at mookie's stint murdering the comic completely

lmao, incredible

I wish they had a forum or comments so I could see the rage below the line at going from Garth's art with lovely writing to that same writing with Mookie's art.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

Wait, what the gently caress is up with the numbers on the Y axis

It's a ranking - not number of readers directly. Rank 1 is the number-one visited site online. Looks like Mookie took it from in the top 100k of sites to out of the top million.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Majestic.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Wait, hear me out--whatever we think of mookie he was definitely the bigger webcomic name in that collaboration right?

So doesn't that imply that most of the fans he himself brought to the new comic hosed off the minute he started drawing again?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Yes, that is correct. Can you blame them?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Invisible Clergy posted:

Yes, that is correct. Can you blame them?

Hell no, it’s just a funny realization

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I didn’t realize the chart was using a log scale til I looked again. Oh dear.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

oriongates posted:

Honestly, I couldn't give a gently caress about that tracing. He's not stealing another artist's work and actually taking a literally photorealistic scene and stylizing it to match with your cartoon art style without making the clash blatantly obvious is difficult.

What are you talking about, everybody immediately figured it was traced because it looks so different from his usual style for background scenes. The only way it could clash more is if he had just copy-pasted the original photo.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Everybody shut up about Mookie's old hacky drawings, let's talk about him wasting a week of strips on Looney Tunes gags for no reason.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Fair enough. Nothing too egregious going on in this one. What the heck is the black spray paint tool in panel 4 supposed to be? Is Snout's spider sense tingling? Also this is just another mask of Mookie's one joke: Snout runs into a monster in the Mild Edge that looks scary, but actually it's nice. Speaking of Spider-Man, Mookie's lack of theory of mind means once more he doesn't understand there's a difference between what's on-panel and what the character would actually see. From the angle, Snout would see the cupcakes, so the joke doesn't even make sense.

Great update.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
We need to stop what little forward momentum the plot had for KOMEDY!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If this doesn't end in his deafness being cured or someone patiently trying to explain that a potion stand that claims it can cure deafness is loving lying, then I hate. I just hate.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

That could have almost made the joke work a little if the silhouette had shown what looked like the dude screaming and gesturing angrily, and then we cut to a bottom panel that makes it clear he was just being like "HEY! YOU WANT A FREE SAMPLE? ALSO ARE YOU OK?" and Snout couldn't hear that due to deafness and ran-

you know what nevermind i'm putting way too thought into what could have been a viable joke in a comic about a deaf moron without dialogue when it's done by a loving comedic black hole like mookie

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Look at what Snout looked like previously to now. I know I said let's not talk about art, but I was just going backwards in the thread and I realize he has morphed a lot in a few months time.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

The Little Death posted:

Everybody shut up about Mookie's old hacky drawings, let's talk about him wasting a week of strips on Looney Tunes gags for no reason.

Ehh. I’ll take a week of this over naked sexy time....unfortunately I feel this is just delaying naked sexy time.

And triclops Minotaur is a much more interesting character design than Snout

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Invisible Clergy posted:

Fair enough. Nothing too egregious going on in this one. What the heck is the black spray paint tool in panel 4 supposed to be? Is Snout's spider sense tingling? Also this is just another mask of Mookie's one joke: Snout runs into a monster in the Mild Edge that looks scary, but actually it's nice. Speaking of Spider-Man, Mookie's lack of theory of mind means once more he doesn't understand there's a difference between what's on-panel and what the character would actually see. From the angle, Snout would see the cupcakes, so the joke doesn't even make sense.

Great update.

I could buy Snout being too scared to even notice the cupcakes. What I don't buy is Snout, a mongrelman himself, being scared because another mongrelman doesn't look conventionally friendly.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

The Little Death posted:

Look at what Snout looked like previously to now. I know I said let's not talk about art, but I was just going backwards in the thread and I realize he has morphed a lot in a few months time.
It's a thread to talk about the comic. That's talking about the comic, so I think you're fine. That's a very good point. I kind of forgot, but you're right, Snout's appearance has drifted significantly since Mookie can't be consistent with his lovely art.

YF-23 posted:

I could buy Snout being too scared to even notice the cupcakes. What I don't buy is Snout, a mongrelman himself, being scared because another mongrelman doesn't look conventionally friendly.
Mookie is anthropocentric and dumb. Film at 11.

It's kind of a pity we'll never see the minotaur mongrelfolk again. His design is pretty decent.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I'm wondering why Snout ran after drinking the non-edible potion, and is still running.

The vendor is by far, the person he's met who's best-placed to help with Snout having drunk a non-edible potion. He already knows what happened and probably knows what the results will be, and how to mitigate them if possible.

Does he think the Potion vendor tried to drug him?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

The Little Death posted:

eh, pretty normal to streamline a character design the more you draw em

i'm glad the tail is slightly less gross looking

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

he's running because he knows it's time for comedy to happen and it's easier for funny things to happen to a character that's running

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Miss posted:

Every time it migrated around his body, it got smoother and smaller.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

maltesh posted:

I'm wondering why Snout ran after drinking the non-edible potion, and is still running.

The vendor is by far, the person he's met who's best-placed to help with Snout having drunk a non-edible potion. He already knows what happened and probably knows what the results will be, and how to mitigate them if possible.

Does he think the Potion vendor tried to drug him?

His only actual character trait is that he's really loving stupid.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Panel 1: left hand over mouth

Panel 2: left arm splayed around the tall mongrelfolk

Also this confirms that he did, in fact, throw away his diary for this dumb bullshit.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Tesseraction posted:

Panel 1: left hand over mouth

Panel 2: left arm splayed around the tall mongrelfolk

Also this confirms that he did, in fact, throw away his diary for this dumb bullshit.

His head flipped around 180 degrees between 2 and 3 too (in fact he's looking straight at the cupcakes Clergy mntioned)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

:perfect: :vince:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Little Death posted:

What idiot hired the 12 foot minotaur to hand out free samples, he's going to ruin his back bending down to offer up the plate. Guess mongrelmen haven't unionized yet.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

somewhat disappointed that we didn't get to see the minotaur dong, as he does not appear to be wearing pants.

Miss posted:

I feel like he's become more cutesy puppy dog in that time. His eyes have definitely gotten bigger.

Don't try to make me love your abominations, mookie

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

The Little Death posted:

somewhat disappointed that we didn't get to see the minotaur dong, as he does not appear to be wearing pants.

I feel like he's become more cutesy puppy dog in that time. His eyes have definitely gotten bigger.

Don't try to make me love your abominations, mookie

I assume that it comes out when erect, like a horse or elephant, and just hangs out up there when not in use. Snout has definitely gotten softened and simplified as time's worn on.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

evilmiera posted:

What idiot hired the 12 foot minotaur to hand out free samples, he's going to ruin his back bending down to offer up the plate. Guess mongrelmen haven't unionized yet.

He's the server for the other giant customers :colbert:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

This is very, very good.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Just caught up in this thread and wow this really is a lovely comic!!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

This week has had, what I think, are some of the worst jokes in the series. They feel like the jokes of a man who doesn't want to be here.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well, uh, he sure did clear his head by now. In fact from the look of him I would say Snout just lost his last braincell.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TheHan posted:

This week has had, what I think, are some of the worst jokes in the series. They feel like the jokes of a man who doesn't want to be here.

Louie barfing up pages of Deegan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TheHan posted:

The protagonist isn't just deaf, he's not just stupid, he apparently lacks any kind of peripheral vision.

What the gently caress is the point of any of this?