Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Hah, I had no idea there were vinyl binders like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Reznor has put up shirts for the 2020 tour that isn't happening: https://store.nin.com/collections/clothing/products/2020-tour-tee

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Goddammit, I didn't see the tour dates until now, and they were coming to my city for 3 nights. :(

Maybe in 2021.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Touring with Savages' Jehnny Beth :swoon:

Hopefully they can reschedule those dates

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Too bad those 5 dates in Toronto were gone. Rogers Centre would've been electric...assuming that was the Venue TBA on the shirt

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That fan-made concert video linked in the newsletter is pretty impressive.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Haha

https://twitter.com/leviathant/status/1262831560945999875

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 19, 2020

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

TOOT BOOT posted:

i can't listen right now, but how is the audio? probably not soundboard I am guessing?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is it a fan recording, or a :airquote:fan:airquote: recording?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

3 nights at the Met in Philly. gently caress, I hope when they finally do go back on tour they do that again. I'd be tempted to hit all 3, they've skipped philly on at least the last 2 tours, if not the last 3.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TOOT BOOT posted:

Yeah, I've only watched a little of it so far but it's really good. The multi camera angles make it so cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2v5vjz_H8

polyester concept posted:

i can't listen right now, but how is the audio? probably not soundboard I am guessing?
It's pretty loving good! I don't know if it's soundboard, but it sure sounds close.

This loving setlist too, Jesus! :eyepop:
00:00 Intro
00:28 Branches/Bones
02:19 Wish
05:58 Less Than
09:36 March of the Pigs
14:04 This Isn’t the Place
19:11 Reptile
25:40 Sin
29:56 The Perfect Drug
35:36 poo poo Mirror
38:42 Ahead of Ourselves
42:13 God Break Down the Door
47:34 I Can't Give Everything Away (David Bowie cover)
52:41 Subterraneans (David Bowie cover with Bad Witch lyrics)
56:58 The Frail
58:10 Help Me I Am In Hell
01:00:37 Happiness In Slavery
01:05:35 Head Like a Hole
01:10:44 All the Love In the World
01:15:55 And All that Could Have Been
01:22:15 Hurt

e: It's so cool to see Trent on sax for God Break Down the Door, hell yeah

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 19, 2020

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
On the bright side, that LA venue would have been awful for me. Nowhere to sit except the far back.

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

It's pretty loving good! I don't know if it's soundboard, but it sure sounds close.

They're listed as IEM Feeds on ninlive.com - not 100% sure if that's true (most monitor feeds sound horrible unless you really like one instrument) but they're definitely a direct feed from somewhere.

All three New Orleans gigs have the recordings and are under this tour on ninlive.com - https://ninlive.com/archives/2018.html

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

All of the Watchmen records are up on the NIN store. I was only able to preorder 3, so I smashed that purchase button for Vol 1 and 2.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
a small, selfish part of me is glad this got canceled because they weren't coming to Chicago. Silver linings!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Asnorban posted:

All of the Watchmen records are up on the NIN store. I was only able to preorder 3, so I smashed that purchase button for Vol 1 and 2.

I keep telling myself that I'm not going to get any more NIN ambient stuff, but here I am spending $96 to get all three volumes shipped to me.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

hughesta posted:

a small, selfish part of me is glad this got canceled because they weren't coming to Chicago. Silver linings!

Out of every single show I wanted to see this year that wasn't coming to my hometown (Deftones/Gojira and Faith No More/Korn) it's kind of bittersweet to see that NiN actually had a show here.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

hughesta posted:

Looks like they weren't anywhere particularly near the northeast either which is kind of weird.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

IUG posted:

I keep telling myself that I'm not going to get any more NIN ambient stuff, but here I am spending $96 to get all three volumes shipped to me.

the watchmen soundtrack is hardly ambient for the most part, it's the closest the soundtracks have come to being instrumental NIN (though they still really aren't)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am definitely buying one of those shirts.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is an affront to god and I can't stop laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXzFukTUyhk

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Rageaholic posted:

Yeah, I've only watched a little of it so far but it's really good. The multi camera angles make it so cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2v5vjz_H8

This loving setlist too, Jesus! :eyepop:
00:00 Intro
00:28 Branches/Bones
02:19 Wish
05:58 Less Than
09:36 March of the Pigs
14:04 This Isn’t the Place
19:11 Reptile
25:40 Sin
29:56 The Perfect Drug
35:36 poo poo Mirror
38:42 Ahead of Ourselves
42:13 God Break Down the Door
47:34 I Can't Give Everything Away (David Bowie cover)
52:41 Subterraneans (David Bowie cover with Bad Witch lyrics)
56:58 The Frail
58:10 Help Me I Am In Hell
01:00:37 Happiness In Slavery
01:05:35 Head Like a Hole
01:10:44 All the Love In the World
01:15:55 And All that Could Have Been
01:22:15 Hurt

e: It's so cool to see Trent on sax for God Break Down the Door, hell yeah

Fuckin hell Sin back in the setlist (this has been my favourite NIN song forever but as a young, UK based NIN fan I've only seen them post-2009 in the UK so never seen this live. I actually had plans with a friend of mine that we would travel to the US to see a "real" NIN show with all the lights etc. Thanks COVID.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Setlist has no Year Zero songs on it and I am sad about that.

hbxli
Aug 4, 2004

BABIES... THEY'RE BABIES

Rageaholic posted:

This is an affront to god and I can't stop laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXzFukTUyhk

Haha. I would have pitch shifted the backing track instead of the vocals, but that was fun :)

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Madkal posted:

Setlist has no Year Zero songs on it and I am sad about that.

Yeah, it looks like the setlist was largely built around having the band play good songs.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Watching those live videos really emphasizes how much NIN needs to release a 4K HDR concert film. I love Beside You In Time but it's starting to look a little fuzzy on modern TVs now :classiclol:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Watching those live videos really emphasizes how much NIN needs to release a 4K HDR concert film. I love Beside You In Time but it's starting to look a little fuzzy on modern TVs now :classiclol:

You just reminded me to watch my Halo 12 VHS tapes on my 70" TV. Haven't done that since I got them in. :getin:

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

This just reminds me of the time in college when I got to see BYIT in a private theater in the audio production department, with a sound system with comparable power to Navy Pier’s IMAX theater. It was a hell of an experience (and is also how I learned that the film doesn’t have all that great of a mix job in the audio department, something the audio majors in the room had a good laugh about).

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

Yeah, it looks like the setlist was largely built around having the band play good songs.

I said Year Zero, not The Slip.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Madkal posted:

I said Year Zero, not The Slip.

The Slip is great and a logical follow up to aWitha Teetha, for the alternate universe where NIN became a stadium rock band.

Also no one can talk poo poo on the album that gave us the best official music video of all time https://youtu.be/I1ZMKfFHU3U

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't really care for The Slip. It's a free album that unfortunately feels like a free album. I guess sometimes lightning can strike when you bang out an album in a few months but I don't think it happened here

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Slip is very good and it's a shame songs from that album don't really get played live anymore. Oh well, at least I got to see several on the Lights in the Sky tour (my first NIN show!).

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
If The Slip came out now, it would definitely be an EP, and a pretty good one

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hey, Echoplex owns.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
If The Slip came out now it’d be a full-priced release with a $150 deluxe edition and a tour you’d pay $100 per ticket to see at an amphitheater.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

I really loved that rehearsal video they did for 1,000,000.

I'm sure the slip has other good songs as well?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Willeh posted:

the first half is great, kinda falls apart (lol) for me in the back half. It does feel like an album recorded in a week or two iirc that was the case.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I love Head Down and The Four Of Us Are Dying.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Willeh posted:

Yeah the live rehearsals recordings they did are way, way better than the studio versions IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Check out the setlist from the first NIN show I ever saw:

I was really lucky :)