Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RedneckwithGuns posted:

He did this pronunciation thing in pretty much every show he's ever done from Mighty Boosh to Toast of London (except maybe that new Year of the Rabbit show) and every time he does it my SO loses her poo poo it's hilarious. I love it

I wish Hulu or Netflix would pick YotR up already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I wish ANY US entity had the rights to distribute Wellington Paranormal. Imagine if Farscape had been Aus only! What a waste.

Although Jemaine seems like he may be tired of writing that show, he said in an interview it was tough to stretch the premise beyond two seasons.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Well he was made up pretty thoroughly, I only knew it was Mark Hamill because I knew he'd be in the episode.

yea I knew he would be in the episode and I still had my doubts! did not look or sound like him at all.

the man is a treasure.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Colinrobinson doing what he does best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj9VF7LyffU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Netflix in america has that GBBO-but-with-flowers show (The Big Flower Fight) and Natasia Demetriou is one of the hosts (alongside Vic Reeves). It's kinda weird seeing her outside of her vampire getup and without the accent, ngl

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

RedneckwithGuns posted:

He did this pronunciation thing in pretty much every show he's ever done from Mighty Boosh to Toast of London (except maybe that new Year of the Rabbit show) and every time he does it my SO loses her poo poo it's hilarious. I love it

I remember first seeing him in Darkplace and between his accent, mannerisms, and the way the sound was slightly out of synch, I half wondered if English was his second language and he learned it from a really weird teacher.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I'm a huge fan of Foundfootage. I've seen that clip many times and I had no idea it was that dude. Now I know how all the folks who didn't recognize Mark Hamill feel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

I wish Hulu or Netflix would pick YotR up already

It aired in America on IFC which I think Netflix usually gets their stuff.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
ColinRobinson is a reply guy

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

Actually no, you're wrong, that is a misandrist and sexist term perpetuated by the feminist media. Did you also know that mansplaining as an accusation is used to dismiss legitimate complaints brought up by men's rights activists? :spergin:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

But still unable to just open multiple tabs.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I can't explain why, but Nadja and Laszlo complaining about movies having sound now was hilarious to me.

Carol was genuinely creepy, much like the 70's vampires from a few episodes ago she wouldn't feel out of place in a non-comedic horror movie.

If Nander was smart he would turn Guillermo into a vampire right loving now before he goes full vampire hunter, but Nander is not smart so I doubt that will happen.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Best show on TV

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yesss, Guillermo's slayer story is coming to the fore :getin:

Also Colinrobinson is an absolute beast, he's unstoppable

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Colinrobinson subplot ending with the troll's dick getting unpixelated when he turned to stone absolutely killed me.

Also Nandor's amazingly awful attempt to keep Guillermo from falling under suspicion was the best :3:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
in nhew yorrrik city!

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
“Flappity flap” —Rapula

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Colin Robinson posted:

"Hey, can you mansplain any louder?"
Yeah. Sure!

Women are getting too tall.

"That is racist."
You are correct! It is!

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

every single episode has upped the previous one.

This is the best show on TV by far.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dilber posted:

This is the best show on TV by far.

Hard agree

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Near the end of the credits, there's a picture of them all standing in front of the house and Colin Robinson isn't wearing a suit!!!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Slightly disappointed that Simon the Devious and his crew returned, but Little Vlad (who's a loving MANIAC!) didn't make it

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006
I love how Vampire Elvis has just been living in their house this whole time. Though, knowing how vampires have a hard time differentiating humans, there's a real possibility it's just a Vampire Elvis Impersonator.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Nandor you absolute idiot turn Guillermo while he’s still loyal to your dumb rear end and you can kill off the entirety of your competition! IDIOT. I love how this franchise is “World of Darkness but nobody bothered spending extra dots on mental attributes.”

Except for Colin Robinson, he didn’t spend any on physical but as we’ve see he doesn’t need to. And it’s funny that despite the fact that being inherently assholish is part and parcel of energy vampirism, Colin Robinson is the only one who doesn’t go out of his way to treat Guillermo like poo poo. Best character? Best character.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Alien Sex Manual posted:

Nandor you absolute idiot turn Guillermo while he’s still loyal to your dumb rear end and you can kill off the entirety of your competition! IDIOT. I love how this franchise is “World of Darkness but nobody bothered spending extra dots on mental attributes.”

Except for Colin Robinson, he didn’t spend any on physical but as we’ve see he doesn’t need to. And it’s funny that despite the fact that being inherently assholish is part and parcel of energy vampirism, Colin Robinson is the only one who doesn’t go out of his way to treat Guillermo like poo poo. Best character? Best character.

Holy poo poo I literally thought the same thing, except its World of Darkness as played by normal people and not WoD players

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I thought this ep had a lot of good stuff in it but I think my favourite thing for some reason was the image of Colinrobinson on his tummy, dangling his feet in the air as he's shitposting mercilessly.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm surprised he didnt take the opportunity to reiterate to the camera crew that there's no running in the house when he heard guillermo fall down the stairs

just a lil snack

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Phi230 posted:

Holy poo poo I literally thought the same thing, except its World of Darkness as played by normal people and not WoD players

"Nadja, do you remember the 90s? Smashing decade. Virgins throwing themselves at vampires all over college campuses. We were all out of the coffin back then. Nobody cared! It was like the 60s."
"But darker."

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Based on the replies, I take it most of us have to wait till the following day to watch this on Hulu.

Hulu should just buy the series now for a minimum of 5 seasons. DO IT.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The troll dick slowly uncensoring was something really remarkable.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I really want to see more supernatural creatures now

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's uuuup.

I feel like even though people say gently caress on this show all the time I was surprised the spanish swearing wasn't bleeped.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 22, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DuhSal posted:

I thought this ep had a lot of good stuff in it but I think my favourite thing for some reason was the image of Colinrobinson on his tummy, dangling his feet in the air as he's shitposting mercilessly.

Him kicking his feet like a teenage girl from the 50s gossiping on the phone was the loving best :allears:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I've been wanting more Nandor. He's been playing second or third fiddle to the other roommates a lot this season.

Also I want to see him finally get a chance to get an ax and have the punchline be how casually murderous he gets instead of how cowardly he is.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 22, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Did you make a dust girlfriend, Guillermo? That's quite cool... it's in the same shape and smells just like Carol."

I was almost disappointed he actually figured things out after that.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Was Carol a reference to some obscure piece of vampire pop culture or was she just supposed to be a... vampire porcupine mutant?

delfin posted:

Slightly disappointed that Simon the Devious and his crew returned, but Little Vlad (who's a loving MANIAC!) didn't make it

I missed the Badabook.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Chairman Capone posted:

Was Carol a reference to some obscure piece of vampire pop culture or was she just supposed to be a... vampire porcupine mutant?

I missed the Badabook.

I don't think Carol is a reference to anything, I think they just wanted to have a super creepy monster for Guillermo to fight (and they succeeded, Carol was a nightmare).

Milo and POTUS posted:

I really want to see more supernatural creatures now

Same.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Women are getting too tall

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I got some Innsmouth vibes from Carol.

I loved the Interview With The Vampire homage with the previously believed dead scarred vampire creepily playing the piano his Zune while explaining how he survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"How did I survive, you ask?"
"We... we didn't ask."