Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
-a young Guinan learns about bar-tending
-an animated show about Species 8472, where you can go hog wild
-Johnathan Archer, space ambassador!
-Deep Space Ten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Check the DREAMTREK thread hot stuff.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

pon farr, but as a blind date style gameshow

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Q

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Down Periscope, In Space

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
just, an old starship with a misfit crew and a captain willing to do crazy poo poo because he knows this is the last command he'll ever hold in his career, and he'll be damned if he doesn't make the most of it

and when i say "misfit crew" i don't mean "assortment of human sapient trainwrecks with enough daddy issues to fill a comic book store" like BSG, but just like, a bunch of goobers and maybe a couple of stoners in there. like probably not your first choice for doing brinksmanship at the neutral zone with the romulaks, but, they're totally fine taking care of most poo poo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
misfit crew should be a crew that doesn't fit a normal standard space ship. one guy is waaaaay too big. another is wayyyyy too small. there's a lady who is always gasping for more air since the oxygen level is too low for her species. there s a guy who cant use the toilet normal ways so he has to piss into the recyclers

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pick posted:

misfit crew should be a crew that doesn't fit a normal standard space ship. one guy is waaaaay too big. another is wayyyyy too small. there's a lady who is always gasping for more air since the oxygen level is too low for her species. there s a guy who cant use the toilet normal ways so he has to piss into the recyclers

"starship tsibliyev, we have important ambassadorial traffic. prepare to receive shuttlecraft and render honors."
"ooh, uhhh... give us some time, we've got a guy in there."
"well, clear your man out already! this diplomatic meeting is of galactic importance!"
"no, this dude's twenty feet tall, the shuttlebay is the only place he can fit. he's taking his bed apart right now so we can fit your shuttlecraft in."

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ok we're going to do a Star Trek but this time it's all baby Star Trekkers

baby Kirk, baby Spock with the ears, the whole shebang

we're talking real babies with voiceovers, Look Who's Talking style

they crawl around the fuckin' spaceship cockpit in Trek uniform nappies, just doing cute baby stuff

we do an exclusive contract with Huggies and get that poo poo into every supermarket on Earth

ring a ding ding, baby!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
no do it animated, Muppet Babies-style. the Nanny is a Talosian. or Q? idk.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

just, an old starship with a misfit crew and a captain willing to do crazy poo poo because he knows this is the last command he'll ever hold in his career, and he'll be damned if he doesn't make the most of it

and when i say "misfit crew" i don't mean "assortment of human sapient trainwrecks with enough daddy issues to fill a comic book store" like BSG, but just like, a bunch of goobers and maybe a couple of stoners in there. like probably not your first choice for doing brinksmanship at the neutral zone with the romulaks, but, they're totally fine taking care of most poo poo.

Isn't this The Orville

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I guess? It's sort of similar but honestly I don't get the impression that the Orville's crew are particularly goofier than the average Union starship, and the Orville herself - while not the biggest or most powerful ship in the fleet - seems like it's fully modern and up-to-date.

I dunno I'm thinking more like a miniseries on the last Constitution-class ship active in Starfleet, that's been kept in service longer than she otherwise would have been, in part because the captain and chief engineer have been scrounging parts and busting rear end to keep her out of sight of any Operations beancounters looking for an excuse to decommission her. Importantly it wouldn't climax with the ship getting trashed in a firefight, but would get to Save The Day one last time before finally being recalled for decommissioning.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 16 days!)

If you're gonna do that the ship almost has to go out in a blaze of glory, right? Like they autopilot it to eat a giant laser or whatever to protect a science vessel hauling refugees

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
law and order: department of temporal investigations

Karate kid but anbo-jyutsu

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Peanut President posted:

If you're gonna do that the ship almost has to go out in a blaze of glory, right? Like they autopilot it to eat a giant laser or whatever to protect a science vessel hauling refugees

nah

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how about a show about jean-luc picard's life after starfleet

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
We got regular swords sometimes, but get this ,whaaaaaat if, we made them LASER swords!

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
:spock:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Trekhammer 40k

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
a show from the maquis' point of view. they constantly gently caress everything up, their lives are a constant morass of petty drama and fickle sexual rivalries, and they get balls-deep into the most totally inane ideological tiffs possible which result in even more dysfunction and failure.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Star Trek Worf but like in the following:

only it'd be funnier if Martok showed up to solve tactical/combat problems. Like Captain Worf is downstairs in the conference room with the Melconian ambassador, when suddenly, red alert - a Mazone battlecruiser is attacking! Worf rushes up to the bridge, but by the time he gets there, the opponent starship is a smoking wreck and Martok's already lighting up a victory cigar on the bridge*.

"Ah, Worf! I was already here, regaling your officers with tales of our mighty battles against the Dominion, so I decided to take charge, and show these young Starfleet pups how we did things back in the old days. Remember, Worf? When we piloted the Rotarran against endless waves of Dominion attack ships? What a glorious time it was."
"General, we have talked about this. It is inappropriate for you to assume comm-"
"Oh, do not worry about such things, Worf... out here, a thousand light-years away from Federation headquarters, nobody needs know about it. And there is no shame in letting an old warrior like me take the reins of your fine ship... you still have decades of glory left in you! Come! Let us crack open a barrel of blood wine, to celebrate this victory!"

"Captain Worf... the Melconian ambassador is on the comm. He's very dissatisfied with the seating arrangement and demands that the room be reconfigured again."
*Worf begins to think that blood wine is sounding mighty appealing right about now*

*i think we can all agree it was a tragedy that martok did not smoke cigars (no, j.g. hertzler smoking as the pulp rag artist doesn't count!!)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
an episode where the events of Arena are told from the Gorn perspective

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
a show about the adventures of Dark Admiral Jean-Luc Hyperriker and the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-JFAZW

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
a dr. who crossover where the dr. who writers are banned from the show

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
an anime version that does not have sexualized character or costume designs

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
47 minutes of rick berman being put in jail

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

47 minutes of rick berman being put in jail

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Butternubs posted:

law and order: department of temporal investigations

Department of Temporal Investigations: SVU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Cooking with Riker: Fact or Fiction

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Star Trek Reboot, but completely compatible with Stargate TV Series

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Undercover Boss: Cardassia

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Spot’s Day

Zesty fucked around with this message at 10:44 on May 22, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Anything, as long as it’s a Star Trek series and the showrunner/writer/director is Robert Beltran with complete creative control.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Set it in the year 300,000. They're so far advanced of us that the characters, objects, and events are nearly incomprehensible.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Sharkie posted:

Set it in the year 300,000. They're so far advanced of us that the characters, objects, and events are nearly incomprehensible.

Just a bunch of abstract shapes phasing in and out of view with high pitched shrieking in the background...Still more watchable than Picard

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
A late night talk show in Tamarian

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

WilWheaton posted:

A late night talk show in Tamarian

Kimmel, his jokes bad

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"