Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

MLMP08, you are an ADA soldier, how big is the Army C-RAM force? We talking a battalion sized element? A couple companies spread across different ADA battalions? A brigade (Doubtful but who the gently caress knows)? I’m curious. It seems like a really cool job, and additionally a very important job.

As I recall, two active duty BNs (5-5 and 2-44) that are a dedicated split of C-RAM (IFPC now) with Avengers as well. National guard avenger units also activate to do C-RAM. Active avenger units used to be tapped for C-RAM but there are less active avenger units now and also more interest in keeping Avenger capabilities on call or deployed as drones have proliferated. Lately it’s been kind of a switch-hit in afghanistan between FA and ADA pulling deployments. It’s ADA now; last rotation was an FA guard unit out of Guam IIRC.

E: on the active side, the Avenger MOS was formally modified a few years ago to include C-RAM. Not so for guard, but they still get the training in AIT and get tapped for C-RAM missions. There’s just no IFPC/C-RAM equipped guard formations.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Stravag posted:

This year is ticking a silly amount of items off its fuckit list. Im just happy i have a dog who wants nothing more to be a couple feet from me at all times. Really is making this year... well not tolerable but not a complete fuckfest of stupidity and depression. Also she decided she wanted to do catte things last week idfk

That's a beautiful dog! She's lucky to have a good owner.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Stravag posted:

This year is ticking a silly amount of items off its fuckit list. Im just happy i have a dog who wants nothing more to be a couple feet from me at all times. Really is making this year... well not tolerable but not a complete fuckfest of stupidity and depression. Also she decided she wanted to do catte things last week idfk

How many heads of cattle did she heard to you?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/1262952129557389316?s=19

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Also Trump seems to be back-handed to calling for Joe Scarborough to be attested or killed or something for reasons I don’t care enough to dig into.

joe and mika are balls deep for biden so its not surprising

joe had an intern die of a heart thing while in congress, thats what trump is screaming about

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

mlmp08 posted:

Even better then, I guess they can just have judges quit by choice a week or a few before elections and then always allow 2-year gubernatorial appointments.

There are problems with electing judges, but deliberately gaming the system to only allow judges from the party other than the governor to face election is a bad precedent.

If I understood an article I read correctly, in mid November the old Justice said that he would quit at the end of December. Their constitution has justices appointments based around the calendar year, so because he quit right before January first, it didn't automatically go to an election. Also, the Justice has to sit for at least six months, so if the governor appointed Justice takes his seat on June 1st, then based on their not real Supreme Court decision, because all of the actual justices reused themselves, the next time they will be legally allowed to vote for a Justice is 2022.

At least, that's my understanding of it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

joe and mika are balls deep for biden so its not surprising

joe had an intern die of a heart thing while in congress, thats what trump is screaming about

It was an intern he was having an affair with. She died of head trauma in his office, but per a Florida medical examiner the cause was she fainted and hit her head on the way down. It's super suspicious imo and the best argument for it just being a huge accident is Trump saying the opposite.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Best Friends posted:

It was an intern he was having an affair with. She died of head trauma in his office, but per a Florida medical examiner the cause was she fainted and hit her head on the way down. It's super suspicious imo and the best argument for it just being a huge accident is Trump saying the opposite.

tyvm for correcting me, i didnt know about the affair so thats fun

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Stravag posted:

Also she decided she wanted to do catte things last week idfk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

"So? He was doing his part to support small business and service providers in these dire times! That sounds like 'Emergency Relief' to me!" :troll:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Meh, nobody cares about conventional corruption anymore, just the wacky stuff.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
^That article makes it sound like it's a normal thing. Cool, let's start draining that swamp I remember hearing about years ago.

Woofer posted:

Michigan is sending out mail in ballot applications. It’s not even ballots. Michigan is doing the same thing Georgia is doing (and several other states) but look at who the governors are and you can figure that one out.

I don’t really know anything about Nevada.

Nevada Secretary of State posted:

Nevada plans to conduct an all-mail election for the June 9, 2020 primary election. All active registered voters in Nevada will be mailed an absentee ballot for the primary election. No action or steps, such as submitting an absentee ballot request application, will be required by individual voters in order to receive a ballot in the mail. Voters will be able to mark their ballot at home and then return it by mail using a postage-prepaid envelope or by dropping it off in person at a designated county location. This announcement applies only to the June 9, 2020 primary election.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 20, 2020

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

If you want Trump to calm down and sign off on it all just tell him its going to be all male elections from now on.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1263133023790391297?s=21

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

The president already believes it but Jesus christ it blows my mind that the death Cult is literally electing fringe as gently caress conspiracy theorists. Also that the "fringe" conspiracy theory started by 4chan or whatever is now infecting actual DC level politics.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
They’re a noisy minority sure, but it’s so dumb.

https://twitter.com/annaliznichols/status/1263158560361459713?s=21

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So it’s not about haircuts or staying afloat!!!

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/independent/status/1263132098912804866?s=21

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah well, Scooby Doo Can Doo-Doo but Jimmy Carter is smarter.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
If Pelosi really wanted to say something that doesn't make her sound like a loving child, she'd tell Donny to suck her dick on live television.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

I think it was in a (much) earlier iteration of this thread, around the time Pompeo was nominated, that someone posted an article detailing that the Pompeos have a reputation for enjoying the high life on the public dime.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

If Pelosi really wanted to say something that doesn't make her sound like a loving child, she'd tell Donny to suck her dick on live television.

"PELOSI MAKES HOMOPHOBIC COMMENTS!" :foxnews:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Discussion Quorum posted:

I think it was in a (much) earlier iteration of this thread, around the time Pompeo was nominated, that someone posted an article detailing that the Pompeos have a reputation for enjoying the high life on the public dime.

morbid obesity seems to be a sign for this sort of behavior

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

A Bad Poster posted:

i wouldn't make that exact suggestion, but yeah, she sucks at insults. just say he's a big fat fatty that you can tell wears a diaper, and that you saw him poo poo himself and could smell it.

e: 'morbidly obese,' it's what a doctor nerd would say, these people have learned nothing from the past ten years, much less the last three years. although in pelosi's defense, she's set for life, there's no need to actually do anything.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 20, 2020

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

:yikes:

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Upon trying to find the story, I may have been thinking of Scott Pruitt, actually. The Morocco trip that was a naked play for airline and hotel points, which I had somehow associated with Pompeo, was Pruitt. So hard to tell these grifters apart. Which one was it who was flying around on private jets, Tom Price?

Pretty sure Pompeo story was actually about he and his wife being Dominionists which is also fine and cool

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 20, 2020

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Alaan posted:

Who had toxic slurry on their bingo card?

turn on ur monitor

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Was it Pruitt who paid a visit to Fort Knox that was coincidentally at the exact time the eclipse passed over Kentucky? And claimed that he needed to take private and/or government planes instead of the public airliners he rated because people were too mean to him in public?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lmao i just remembered chris christie

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Internet Wizard posted:

Was it Pruitt who paid a visit to Fort Knox that was coincidentally at the exact time the eclipse passed over Kentucky? And claimed that he needed to take private and/or government planes instead of the public airliners he rated because people were too mean to him in public?

Mnuchin and Ms. DeVil

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah well, Scooby Doo Can Doo-Doo but Jimmy Carter is smarter.

I really appreciate this reference.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Internet Wizard posted:

Idk about the eclipse but lol yeah I remember that other thing now

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2018/05/07/heres-the-epa-memo-that-justified-scott-pruitts-first-class-travel/

Although I was right, Tom Price also spent over $1M on private jets in less than a year

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

this is a wild ride https://jalopnik.com/former-green-beret-and-son-arrested-by-feds-for-alleged-1843562595

Ex- Green Beret (and his son and another guy) basically smuggled Carlos Ghosn out of japan in a big black audio equipment box lol

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/shahidforchange/

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Basticle posted:

this is a wild ride https://jalopnik.com/former-green-beret-and-son-arrested-by-feds-for-alleged-1843562595

Ex- Green Beret (and his son and another guy) basically smuggled Carlos Ghosn out of japan in a big black audio equipment box lol

I thought it was a deal like that but didn't know specifics.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
A better ride than a brand new Versa.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Where's Giuliani been lately? Haven't seen his horse-teeth'd face vomiting dementia into the air waves in a while.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I get the vibe he's not fired, he's just not getting any responsibility what so ever and is cut out as much as possible because a few people in the admin still have double digits brain cells.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hes pushing the hunter biden poo poo still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bird food bathtub posted:

Where's Giuliani been lately? Haven't seen his horse-teeth'd face vomiting dementia into the air waves in a while.

Holed up in a condo, living off of Bakker buckets and watching Fox News hoping to find out that it's over and he can start screaming at cameras again.