Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

quote:

I totally misread this at first and thought they were saying the tv show Big Bang Theory was a Catholic conspiracy.

It isn't? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's only 2/3 of the way to the trilogy, but it certainly makes me say "Oh, God, oh Christ." when I catch a moment on TV

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Facebook isn't publicly owned but that Tweet sure is.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

*leans forwards* A white hole?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Strom Cuzewon posted:

*leans forwards* A white hole?

Yeah that’s actually a theorized thing, basically the opposite of a white hole where you can’t enter from the outside but energy, matter, and light can escape.

GRB 060614 is one, maybe.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

So, what is it?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what is that angry virus man's video about, i'm not skimming through it. does he take 30 mins to detail why he thinks the government is lying and people just need to toughen up and accept a bunch of old people who were gonna die anyway die a little sooner?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm so glad I got out of the jewelry industry. It completely destroyed my faith in humanity. The way people behave and obsess over gemstones is loving wild.

I never understood how people could get so worked up over godamn rocks. Yes they're cool and all but I can't even fathom spending an entire paycheque on one, let alone several.

FFT posted:

i've got one friend that got his ring tattooed. Didn't make it two years, at least the rings are generally easy to remove.

A friend of mine had a wooden wedding band. It was actually very nice. Easy to remove and no associated sunk cost when she finally got divorced :v:

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 17:19 on May 20, 2020

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Reddit's dedicated channel for creative writing really comes through with some anger generators

My friends mom cried because her fiancee bought her a pearl wedding ring. Nothing in this post sounds unrealistically lovely.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

I never understood how people could get so worked up over godamn rocks. Yes they're cool and all but I can't even fathom spending an entire paycheque on one, let alone several.

I *love* rocks, but the cut and set sort doesn't really interest me... I like things like geodes and tumbled stones with beautiful patterns and strange mineral clusterfucks. Just symmetrical facets, while quite sparkly, don't capture the coolness of geological forces

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Brawnfire posted:

I *love* rocks, but the cut and set sort doesn't really interest me... I like things like geodes and tumbled stones with beautiful patterns and strange mineral clusterfucks. Just symmetrical facets, while quite sparkly, don't capture the coolness of geological forces

Yeah, that's my favorite part of natural history museums, all those sparkly weird minerals.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Moo the cow posted:

So, what is it?

I've never seen one before, no one has. But I'm guessing its a white hole.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Like 90% of people (experts excluded, of course) can't even tell the difference between a gemstone and coloured crystal, let alone a synthetic gemstone and a natural one. I have a friend who makes jewelry with coloured crystals and sells them for like ten bucks each; I've bought several, and every now and then I get someone asking me "Hey nice ring, is that a sapphire?" or something like that.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Moo the cow posted:

So, what is it?

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the Universe; a white hole returns it!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

gently caress, I've seen people make poo poo out of resin that would fool me at conversational distance

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Could be outdated info (and I proposed with an emerald. Not why I’m still single I swear) but when I was looking into it seemed that lab diamonds weren’t or couldnt be significantly cheaper as to not hurt the diamond industry

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Lumbermouth posted:

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the Universe; a white hole returns it!

So, that thing's spewing time back into the universe?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Moo the cow posted:

So, that thing's spewing time back into the universe?

That explains how loving long the past few months have been I guess

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Moo the cow posted:

Do you think they got confused between lab-grown diamonds and moissanite/cubic zirconia?

I'm pretty sure that once you wipe the third-world child's blood off a natural diamond, it is identical to a lab-grown one

Lab-grown ones are prone to mutating and eating their way up your arm.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Runcible Cat posted:

Talk about arm reduction!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Brawnfire posted:

Oh yes, I agree

But would you expect someone you love to spend $10,000 on one for you and then have a meltdown when they don't?

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

Runcible Cat posted:

https://imgur.com/a/F7P4xrQ

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/CamEdwards/status/1263126528113750017

Well-known downtrodden black man... President Trump?!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Ruzihm has a new favorite as of 18:39 on May 20, 2020

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Moo the cow posted:

So, what is it?

Only joking!

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

andrew's pic is something else

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

Oh yes, I agree

But would you expect someone you love to spend $10,000 on one for you and then have a meltdown when they don't?

Nobody with the ability to spend that much money would ever pay me any notice let alone want to marry me, but no I definitely wouldn't.

$10,000 could be a fun little honeymoon.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jasonrohrer/status/1262943377953153024

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gosh that one video by Innuendo Studios about how right wingers think that it's pointless to only stop some evil is so very accurate. "Everyone dies so why are we trying to stop these Covid Deaths?"

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Do these people not understand time or math? Like that we're three months in to this poo poo, and that death toll for AIDS (not a good loving example of "how to manage a novel disease outbreak" btw) is over decades?

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm so glad I got out of the jewelry industry. It completely destroyed my faith in humanity. The way people behave and obsess over gemstones is loving wild.

When I bought my wife her engagement ring I had spent weeks paying for it and picking out the exact ring she wanted, without giving things away.

Years later we had to sell it to make ends meet and I felt horrible about it, but my wife was pretty chill. Turns out my mom told her that I had no idea what I was doing and that she picked everything put and told me what to do, which obviously ruined it for my wife.

I don't talk to my mom anymore.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

What about all the people that the guy who caught it from a handshake breathes near? Jesus what a god drat idiot.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Elviscat posted:

Do these people not understand time or math? Like that we're three months in to this poo poo, and that death toll for AIDS (not a good loving example of "how to manage a novel disease outbreak" btw) is over decades?

Also, yknow, the fact that sodomy was in fact illegal in many states during the height of the AIDS epidemic.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

or that people who are gay couldn't donate blood, voluntary or otherwise, even when tested for pathogens

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I've come across more than a few tweets saying that the AIDS response was good and they all reek of intentional right-wing revisionism more than they do of simple ignorance/naivete.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Saagonsa posted:

Also, yknow, the fact that sodomy was in fact illegal in many states during the height of the AIDS epidemic.

Wait was that actually intended as a response to the AIDS epidemic? I thought that was just a general bit of discrimination against homosexuals.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, I was going to say, on top of it being an incredibly stupid take, over a dozen states still have laws against sodomy. And a handful of them specify that, yes, by "sodomy" they mean same-sex intercourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

hyperhazard posted:

Yeah, I was going to say, on top of it being an incredibly stupid take, over a dozen states still have laws against sodomy. And a handful of them specify that, yes, by "sodomy" they mean same-sex intercourse.

Lawrence v Texas struck those down. They remain on the books but aren’t actually in effect, it’s fairly rare for states to go back and repeal unconstitutional laws. A ton still have flag burning laws on the books and there’s been two cases about those saying they’re not valid.