Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidj...y/#8733a02617ff

May 27th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Official account tweet.

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1262760159056736256

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh thank gently caress, finally.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Glad it's finally happened but would have loved to get it before the upcoming 3 day weekend here in the states =/

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Really hyped for this. Was wondering if you need Xbox Gold if you are downloading the pc version?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ulio posted:

Really hyped for this. Was wondering if you need Xbox Gold if you are downloading the pc version?

Nope! Just a Microsoft account. It's cross platform with Xbox One players too.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

^Cool cool, would have probably paid it but nice to hear its free.

Fawf posted:

Glad it's finally happened but would have loved to get it before the upcoming 3 day weekend here in the states =/

Same, I thought it was actually getting released same date as Xbox for some reason.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Guess it's time to upgrade to my Win8 shitbox to Windows 10. Here's hoping nothing breaks :ohdear:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

Guess it's time to upgrade to my Win8 shitbox to Windows 10. Here's hoping nothing breaks :ohdear:

Good news is win8 shitbox probably will run fine on windows 10. problem is though that depending on what you've got on your computer you might wind up with problems from old programs, depending on how long it's been since you reinstalled windows.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
They're breaking out the Miku already
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1262778867099500549
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1262790378064957444

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wasn't this already done on the Japan server? My hope has been that a lot of the promotional stuff over the years done in Japan, will make its way to the America version too.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

I said come in! posted:

Wasn't this already done on the Japan server? My hope has been that a lot of the promotional stuff over the years done in Japan, will make its way to the America version too.
they've done it a few times; they just even had their first formal repeat ac scratch lineup by bringing back the Nier Automata stuff for their anniversary

but yeah it's gonna likely be a case-by-case basis with maybe a surprise appearance by Harmony Gold showing up to sue anybody who dares to have a robot that looks like it could turn into a jet

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am prolly gonna jump in on this because i always wanted to check out pso1 and never actually did. can't wait to regret my decision.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I played a little Blue Burst way back when. Wish I played more PSU when it was still alive. Last time I played it they were doing some bootleg-rear end event for a gaming website I never heard of.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Now that this is coming to PC, is there a good starter guide or list of tips out for new players?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Have any time limited cosmetics already been out for the Xbox players and already expired? I'm interested in getting the Selvaria repca if it's available again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i am prolly gonna jump in on this because i always wanted to check out pso1 and never actually did. can't wait to regret my decision.

I don't think you'll regret it, other than the hundreds of hours you're gonna spend.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Hyper Inferno posted:

Have any time limited cosmetics already been out for the Xbox players and already expired? I'm interested in getting the Selvaria repca if it's available again.

Lots, unfortunately. There is a daily selection.

Fortunately for you the very first crossover event just started his week and it's Hatsune Miku. So Valkyria Chronicles should come eventually.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That’s cross promotion for the Miku release on Switch.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay I'm all in on this. Going to play a RAmarl with the PC release.

Wait what do you mean that doesn't exist?

Now what the hell do I do if all my knowledge comes from half remembered PSO1 from more than 15 years ago?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Natural 20 posted:

Okay I'm all in on this. Going to play a RAmarl with the PC release.

Wait what do you mean that doesn't exist?

Now what the hell do I do if all my knowledge comes from half remembered PSO1 from more than 15 years ago?

Be the target demographic for the version of the game that lets you pay money to wear PSO1 outfits?

Are any of the youtubers doing content on this game either not full of lies and misinformation or at least good about corrections?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ardeem posted:

Be the target demographic for the version of the game that lets you pay money to wear PSO1 outfits?

Are any of the youtubers doing content on this game either not full of lies and misinformation or at least good about corrections?
No and no

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Ardeem posted:

Oh goddamnit, there goes my money.

Okay in all seriousness, how do the classes compare for soloing? I'm looking at going for the Gunner because of dual submachine guns aesthetic. But if it's a bastard to solo as then I might reconsider.

Do any of the ranged physical damage dealers pair well with caster classes as a subclass?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Solo'ing isn't an issue for any classes in PSO2, this game is pretty easy. PSO has never really been a challenging game series.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Is there a good English wiki for this game? I checked the OP and saw the Japanese one, but that doesn't do me much good. :D

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

Oh goddamnit, there goes my money.

Okay in all seriousness, how do the classes compare for soloing? I'm looking at going for the Gunner because of dual submachine guns aesthetic. But if it's a bastard to solo as then I might reconsider.

Do any of the ranged physical damage dealers pair well with caster classes as a subclass?

Subclassing is fairly strict in terms of what works well and what doesn't. Most every physical based class uses either hunter or fighter (hunter for a lot of survivability, fighter for more damage). Force is actually not very good as a subclass for anything, sadly. Mostly thanks to its lack of utility skills and damage mods for anything other than techs.

Also, as for soloing, you can solo most of the standard content (with some practice against bosses), but urgent quests range from extremely difficult to impossible to solo. Thankfully unless you're specifically locking yourself out of it the game will group you up with people for those. For gunner specifically, it's basically the best class in the game at fighting bosses, and while insisting it's best option for mobbing in NA, it's still decent at it, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem soloing stuff with that.

E:

Baggot posted:

Is there a good English wiki for this game? I checked the OP and saw the Japanese one, but that doesn't do me much good. :D

Here's the EN wiki for NA. It's kinda still being worked on so it doesn't have 100% of the info, but it's got a lot of the important stuff.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 22, 2020

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The only class that can have trouble soloing is techer, purely out of simple dps. Timed challenges will be toughest with them.
The others are right in that gunner demolishes bosses with its chain trigger skills.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Boy, it's sure great that they didn't drop the PC release on a huge three-day weekend for the USA. It would've just been terrible to spend my quarantine memorial day weekend playing a new MMO I've been wanting to play for almost a decade. :rolleyes:

Imagined fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 22, 2020

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Imagined posted:

Boy, it's sure great that they didn't drop the PC release on a huge three-day weekend for the USA. It would've just been terrible to spend my quarantine memorial day weekend playing a new MMO I've been wanting to play for almost a decade. :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better, I redeemed all the premium/mission passes I had and haven't been able to play since April. Whoops. At least it will finally be here next week.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Saagonsa posted:

Subclassing is fairly strict in terms of what works well and what doesn't. Most every physical based class uses either hunter or fighter (hunter for a lot of survivability, fighter for more damage). Force is actually not very good as a subclass for anything, sadly. Mostly thanks to its lack of utility skills and damage mods for anything other than techs.

This scans with what I’ve been reading, but is it really true that Force basically requires Techer as a subclass?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

AweStriker posted:

This scans with what I’ve been reading, but is it really true that Force basically requires Techer as a subclass?

Techer gives a lot of bonuses that force really gets a lot of use out of, yeah. Having both bonus damage when hitting an enemies weakness along with the elemental damage boost skills for 3 of the 6 elements (wind, light, dark) is also huge.

There are other options, notably force/fighter or force/etoile once we get that in NA, that can specialize in one of force's three elements (lightning, normally, due to it being a quite strong and very efficient element). Although they're more situational.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I had my fun with the JP version. Looking forward to levelling a RAcaseal murderbot again and being best buds with Lisa.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, will there be a EU version of this or do I just download the U.S edition when it drops?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The latter unless Microsoft are being megadumb

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

The latter unless Microsoft are being megadumb
Yeah, that doesn´t exactly fill me with confidence, to be honest..

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sylphosaurus posted:

Yeah, that doesn´t exactly fill me with confidence, to be honest..

Yeah as far as I can tell "US version" is just called that because the US is the only English speaking country as far as the internet is concerned; there's no separate version or region lock.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

I can't wait to be a high-heel jetboot wearing beefy man robot again B)

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Been looking forward to a western PC release of this for a very, very long time. I just grabbed the character creator off arks-layer, hopefully it'll load into the game proper and I can save that time come launch day.

Haven't seen an option to start the download early though, and from what I've heard it's a whopper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

If I mostly care about the theorycrafting aspects of RPGs is there any chance I will enjoy this game? Has it been modernized over the years? I played a few years back and it left almost no impression on me...