Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Chichi got pregnant, the same way Midori got pregnant in Dr. Slump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

After you get married you have a random chance of a baby in the DBZ universe obviously.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kild posted:

After you get married you have a random chance of a baby in the DBZ universe obviously.

But then Trunks makes no sense since he was born before Vegeta and Bulma were married.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

But then Trunks makes no sense since he was born before Vegeta and Bulma were married.

She fed him enough it counted as a saiyan marriage.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vegeta and Bulma had loads of sexual tension and its entirely believable they did it, same for Krillin & 18. Goku specifically is just a character who has always been characterised as an asexual savant whose libidinal urges are entirely focused towards fighting and eating but miraculously produced a family off screen because he's an adult male and That Is The Done Thing, which is why his situation with Chi Chi always feels so incongruous with everything else we know about the character.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Goku's relationship with chi-chi is so hosed up that there was a lot of debate amongst fans if Goku actually had kissed his wife or was he referring to trunks thing of chewing food and putting it into mai's mouth as "kissing."

Goku's relationship with Chi-chi just makes no goddamn sense.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

multijoe posted:

Vegeta and Bulma had loads of sexual tension and its entirely believable they did it, same for Krillin & 18. Goku specifically is just a character who has always been characterised as an asexual savant whose libidinal urges are entirely focused towards fighting and eating but miraculously produced a family off screen because he's an adult male and That Is The Done Thing, which is why his situation with Chi Chi always feels so incongruous with everything else we know about the character.

I suppose it’s possible Chi Chi tricked Goku into sex much like she tricked him into marriage (she could have told him it was a type of training or something).

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Monaghan posted:

Goku's relationship with chi-chi is so hosed up that there was a lot of debate amongst fans if Goku actually had kissed his wife or was he referring to trunks thing of chewing food and putting it into mai's mouth as "kissing."

Goku's relationship with Chi-chi just makes no goddamn sense.

IMO it's both.
Goku does love her in his own way, and kisses her and stuff. But he also thinks the bird feeding thing Trunks did was weird; why would you share food when food is unlimited (In his mind due to the dragon balls).

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Larryb posted:

I suppose it’s possible Chi Chi tricked Goku into sex much like she tricked him into marriage (she could have told him it was a type of training or something).

Get in my guard, Goku!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Been said before, but Gilmore Ball Z had it right that a lot about Chi-Chi makes sense considering she was raised by the Ox King.

Raised on a mountain, born in a cave, truckin and fightin are all I crave.

ed: Also just realised a lot about Krillin and 18's relationship makes sense considering he was probably the first person she'd met in years aside from her brother and 16 who treated her as a person, even though she kinda actively tried to kill him and his friends.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 20, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the androids only actively tried to kill Goku. they left gero's lab without fighting even tho trunks vegeta'd them and the lab.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Babe Magnet posted:

actually I got the convergence point between dragon ball and sailor moon on this early internet bootleg, hold on

If you had said this was from one of the early cartoon network promos I would have believed you.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Yamcha is Gohan's father.

Goten is a weird in vitro clone.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Chi-Chi probably got away with it at least the first time by framing it as martial arts training.

The second time, hell, maybe she offered cinnabons?

You're discounting the possibility that it worked, he made some respectable gains, and he incorporated it into his training sessions from then onwards.

I mean, it's not the strangest training technique he's done by a long shot.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

Chi-Chi probably got away with it at least the first time by framing it as martial arts training.

Chichi: Alright Goku, so you know how taking off your clothes makes you stronger?

Goku: Yeah...

Chichi: Well this is to go one step further beyond

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

New manga!

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006653

Oh man, Vegeta's about to job so loving hard. I don't even care, cocky as gently caress Vegeta is best Vegeta

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Slightly Absurd posted:

Cocky as gently caress Vegeta is best Vegeta

I've missed this personality trait so much.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Manga UI keeps being total poo poo and I hate it. Instead of being the cool and unique mental state of the anime, it's just Super Saiyan+. And now it's not even competent at that. It's genuinely very disappointing to see how badly the manga uses it, and it makes me wonder just how much of UI's unique feel came from Toei and not Toriyama. Right now, it sure feels like all of it did.

The Vegeta parts were excellent though. Him learning Instant Transmission just to go help, actually thanking his teachers for their help, and even a glimpse of good ol' cocky Vegeta but with, hopefully, a reason to be cocky instead of just ruining everything, all of that was great and I'm looking forward to seeing what his new technique is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Goku: Wow, Vegeta! You can use instant transmission?!
Vegeta: Don't worry, I will never do it again on screen ever. Not a once.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Chapter was good.
Also fun to see Goku use the always useless barrage move

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Talking about UI, Dokkan Battle did the Tony Hawk Kamehameha and it looks really good here.
https://twitter.com/dokkan_global/status/1263001512617394177

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Darth TNT posted:

Chapter was good.
Also fun to see Goku use the always useless barrage move

This sticks out so much to me - whenever I see it my instant thought is "welp".

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Manga UI keeps being total poo poo and I hate it. Instead of being the cool and unique mental state of the anime, it's just Super Saiyan+. And now it's not even competent at that. It's genuinely very disappointing to see how badly the manga uses it, and it makes me wonder just how much of UI's unique feel came from Toei and not Toriyama. Right now, it sure feels like all of it did.

I'll tentatively give it a pass in this case. Goku wasn't using the full version and was working on a time limit against someone who was stronger. Whis even pointed out that, in his desperation, he was using it wrong and not taking advantage of what it should be doing. That's more of a flaw with the wielder than the technique.

MorningMoon posted:

Goku: Wow, Vegeta! You can use instant transmission?!
Vegeta: Don't worry, I will never do it again on screen ever. Not a once.

I wonder how the video games will handle that.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I don't mind Goku's use of UI here, mostly because Merus was around to point out that he was using it wrong. Trouble is, as the androids pointed out, Moro is a loving wall, not one that can be toppled with pure martial arts technique, so Goku just using it as a power boost that's harder for Moro to steal was the best he could do. It was a bad plan doomed to fail, but it was one that spoke to Goku's desperation.

Vegeta's training suggests he's become powerful & controlled enough to just brute force his way through Moro, but I hope it's a more complicated solution than a highly concentrated energy beam through the brain.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Can't wait to see how Vegeta will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Also lol at 'Okay i can IT. Once. Ever.'

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Vegeta did the thumb thing, he’s already dead.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RIP Ultra Instinct, that cool form Goku had solely for one anime arc

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Moro's kinda weirding me out. Usually by now the main villain would've exposed some kind of weakness that could've been exploited, but I think the only moment where he wasn't in complete control was when he was fighting Buu.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm actually really excited for the manga's next chapter, since well. the first time in DBS.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I didn't expect Vegeta teleporting into the trash can that got a good laugh out of me.

Also dare I dream? Vegeta actually pulls out the big win?

Good chapter.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

We're not at the finish line yet, I'd be really surprised if this arc just ends with Vegeta trashing Moro now especially with plot device android still in the tank.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pureauthor posted:

Can't wait to see how Vegeta will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Also lol at 'Okay i can IT. Once. Ever.'

its the sheer power of gently caress you goku I can do anything you can do

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

multijoe posted:

RIP Ultra Instinct, that cool form Goku had solely for one anime arc

it's extremely dragon ball for a new form/technique to immediately get chumped in the next arc

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I dunno, I'm not really feeling it. Yeah, UI getting chumped feels really lame for some reason. Even if Whis goes out of his way to explain Goku is "using it wrong", it's like, isn't that the whole point? That he's supposed to run on some kind of godly instinct and not his dumb monkey brain?

Vegeta teleporting into a trash can was by far the highlight for me and what I suspect to be foreshadowing for next issue.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Slightly Absurd posted:

it's extremely dragon ball for a new form/technique to immediately get chumped in the next arc

Maybe they should stop doing that, because it sucks

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
There's no doubt in my mind that Vegeta will actually "win" against Moro but due to [reasons], Moro can't be defeated in the traditional way. I'm very curious what he learned, though, and cocky Vegeta is the best.

Both Goku and Vegeta will fail, fusion won't be an option, and Merus is going to defy Angel law and fight Moro himself using UI. Either Merus wins outright and gets depowered/annihilated, Whis intervenes and does something to him, or Merus sacrifices himself but no matter what, Merus is a goner for doing the "right" thing. They've already set him up as an Angel with a conscience.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Beerus keeping an eye on Whis' battle commentary and immediately snapping that he's hungry once Whis makes it clear Goku will lose seems pretty obvious foreshadowing to me.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blaze Dragon posted:

Talking about UI, Dokkan Battle did the Tony Hawk Kamehameha and it looks really good here.
https://twitter.com/dokkan_global/status/1263001512617394177

that's just the exact shots copy/pasted from the episode but with bad tweening

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

FooF posted:

There's no doubt in my mind that Vegeta will actually "win" against Moro but due to [reasons], Moro can't be defeated in the traditional way. I'm very curious what he learned, though, and cocky Vegeta is the best.

Both Goku and Vegeta will fail, fusion won't be an option, and Merus is going to defy Angel law and fight Moro himself using UI. Either Merus wins outright and gets depowered/annihilated, Whis intervenes and does something to him, or Merus sacrifices himself but no matter what, Merus is a goner for doing the "right" thing. They've already set him up as an Angel with a conscience.

While all of that would be pretty cool, this is one of those cases where the thought "the writing ain't that clever" comes to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Cool chapter. I believe in Vegeta.

I wonder if the Spirit Bomb is related to Moro in some way.