Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

MacheteZombie posted:

Mary and Luke are the best parts of the show. The actress playing Alice is having a ball and is fun to watch.

I don't like Ruby at all.

did you will this into happening then

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1262865762118557699?s=21

(She’s not a great actress, but would love to know the backstory here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barry Convex posted:

Yeah, I wondered if the role isn't too physically taxing on her after the accident, but that's explicitly called out as not the reason.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Barry Convex posted:

did you will this into happening then

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1262865762118557699?s=21

Either money or sexual harassment. Very small, but not non-existent chance of it being disagreements on the creative direction of the show.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Could be related to the abuse claims against Ruby

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The next DC CW crossover event will take place entirely in the first 5 minutes of Batwoman's season 2 premiere and will consist of the Flash guest starring and going "poo poo I did a Flashpoint again entirely off screen, but I don't think anything's really different" and Cisco looks at a computer screen then looks directly at the camera and says "Yeah looks like any changes are purely surface level and should not affect any plot lines or character development anyone has experienced"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

MacheteZombie posted:

Could be related to the abuse claims against Ruby

Those were out in the open well before the show

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/iamstephbeatz/status/1262925020281667584

Go on...

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Small clip from Agents of Shield before it comes back next week:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hell yes, she would be great.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

More to come from other outlets, I imagine

https://twitter.com/TVLine/status/1263145330759143428

quote:

Ruby Rose wanted off Batwoman — and no one was going to stand in her way.

Although the actress’ sudden, surprising departure from The CW superhero drama after just one season was framed on Tuesday as her choice and her choice alone, sources confirm to TVLine that the split was — at best — a mutual one.

“It wasn’t 100-percent her decision,” concedes a source close to the show. “It was a breakup. She wasn’t happy working on the show, and did that make her fun to work with? No. So everyone decided it would be in the best interests of the show, and for all concerned, if they parted ways. It just wasn’t a good fit.”

According to an insider, Rose — coming off the features John Wick: Chapter 2 and The Meg — was distressed by the long hours demanded of a lead TV role and did not acclimate well to life in Vancouver (where the show shoots). Batwoman marked the actress’ first full-time series gig, following her debut as the Scarlet Knight in the Arrowverse’s December 2018 “Elseworlds” crossover and a short arc on Orange Is the New Black.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

First Calista Flockhart, now Ruby Rose.

Vancouver claims another!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

First Calista Flockhart, now Ruby Rose.

Vancouver claims another!

Maybe she couldn't afford a place to stay

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's Australian and previously mostly worked in LA. it's hard to get accustomed to the air not being on fire all the time.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm watching Arrowverse at a rate of one episode a day, so I'll get caught up eventually!

Today's episode was S1E10, and I don't think I went into this with enough of an understanding that this show would literally just be Batman. This one was another reminder of that with the villain being Firefly.

The weirdest thing about this is seeing this somewhat semi-grounded show with the knowledge that eventually this universe will have an episode where Gorilla Grodd travels back in time and tries to kill Obama.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Variety update

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/batwoman-ruby-rose-exit-1234612077/

quote:

Ruby Rose’s surprise exit from the CW series “Batwoman” stemmed from an ill fit between star and production.

According to multiple sources, Rose was unhappy with the long hours required of her as the series lead, which led to friction on the set. It was thus decided by her and the network and studio, Warner Bros. Television, that they would part ways.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Roth posted:

I'm watching Arrowverse at a rate of one episode a day, so I'll get caught up eventually!

Today's episode was S1E10, and I don't think I went into this with enough of an understanding that this show would literally just be Batman. This one was another reminder of that with the villain being Firefly.

The weirdest thing about this is seeing this somewhat semi-grounded show with the knowledge that eventually this universe will have an episode where Gorilla Grodd travels back in time and tries to kill Obama.

Arrow is Just Batman until like....it's 3rd season I would say? Once Flash is both off the ground and gains momentum, Arrow eases up off of "Do you remember Batman Begins?"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I wanted to watch Legends of Tomorrow should I just start at S2? Also am I going to miss anything but not having seen any of the other CW shows?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

If I wanted to watch Legends of Tomorrow should I just start at S2? Also am I going to miss anything but not having seen any of the other CW shows?

I would still start with S1. Sure, you have some bad characters (who luckily gently caress off after S1), but you also have the BEST character (who unfortunately also leaves after S1). You might want to watch a couple of Flash episodes that introduce some of them (I recall S1, episode 4 in particular for said best character), but you'll be okay starting with Legends S1 episode 1.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Start with season 2 and if you like it maybe go back and watch season 1.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah S1 is the worst season but it's not unwatchable or anything.

Retro Futurist posted:

You'll be missing a bunch of context for stuff (eg the main villains of S2 are returning Flash / Arrow characters), but unless you wanted to start at the beginning of Arrow you'll always have that problem.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

S2 is a soft reboot, ditching Rip Hunter, his whole deal and the original premise of the show (trying to defeat Vandal Savage.) They also reintroduce everything by bringing in Nate as a new viewpoint character. S2 is also when they start introducing their own characters instead of working off the rejects from Arrow and the Flash.

Edit: Although, yes, the villains are guys from other shows.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Edit: Although, yes, the villains are guys from other shows.

And they seem to be having more fun.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is drug dealer Count Vertigo something that ever happened in the comics?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Roth posted:

E: poo poo, misread your comment.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im not a fan of legends s1, in the context of the later seasons progressively getting way better, but i would say its worth a watch if youre about to deep dive into the show. itd be way harder to sit through if you went back after watching the later stuff imo, plus it has cool snart at least

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I love Snart but even he couldn't get my through legends season 1.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Snart is the best. I wish he, Ray, and Constantine had overlapped on the team for a while, as my favorite Arrowverse characters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're replacing Kate with a new character in Batwoman instead of re-casting the role.

https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-new-character-ryan-wilder-season-2/

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Im not saying I don't trust a random post on reddit, but that's some pretty flimsy reporting by ew

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The notice is real. That poster leaks lots of CW postings.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

So I guess Hollywood Reporter says it's true, which means it is, so yeah, that's loving dumb as poo poo.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Finished the first season of Arrow. Looking forward to S2, and the intro of more weird poo poo.

Is Constantine worth checking out?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

Finished the first season of Arrow. Looking forward to S2, and the intro of more weird poo poo.

Is Constantine worth checking out?

I didn't hate it, and it's only 14 episodes. He's not written as bisexual in it if that's something important to you (maybe they would have gotten into that in later seasons, he's not written as explicitly straight either and Matt Ryan is certainly game for it on Legends). First episode is a little weird because it's the pilot and they didn't like the female lead so there's an obviously tacked on new ending to write her out of the show and replace her with a different woman.

I'm way behind on Legends of Tomorrow, but I don't think there's any plot carry over between the shows if you're worried about that.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

It really does seem weird to make a new role instead of just recasting. I wonder if Ruby will be around for just an episode or two to pass the torch

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

It really does seem weird to make a new role instead of just recasting. I wonder if Ruby will be around for just an episode or two to pass the torch

Season 2 cold open:

"We found where Bruce is!"

"I HAVE TO GO, MY COUSIN NEEDS ME."

*cardboard cutout of Rose flies away on grappling hook*

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
It's really a shame that this happened post CoIE crossover as that would have given her an easy exit.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

I'm way behind on Legends of Tomorrow, but I don't think there's any plot carry over between the shows if you're worried about that.

never watched constantine but legends has for the past couple seasons heavily dipped into the astra plot

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Roth posted:

I think I remember reading about there being a drug called Vertigo in, like, Manhunter or something?

Excellent book btw.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is Stargirl any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Is Stargirl any good?

The pilot bothered me.

Who the gently caress loads open boxes of their poo poo onto a moving truck?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 7, 2020