Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Lawrence v Texas struck those down. They remain on the books but aren’t actually in effect, it’s fairly rare for states to go back and repeal unconstitutional laws. A ton still have flag burning laws on the books and there’s been two cases about those saying they’re not valid.

Them being on the books means they're enforceable as soon as a case bubbles up to the Supreme Court again and the conservative majority rules another way.

edited for typo

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 20:42 on May 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah the era of cases being ironclad rules is kind of over

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I can't wait for the inevitable poo poo-storm surrounding an old sodomy law making it all the way to the Supreme Court. This seems like the kind of asinine year for that to happen.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PurpleXVI posted:

Wait was that actually intended as a response to the AIDS epidemic? I thought that was just a general bit of discrimination against homosexuals.

I'm pretty sure almost every single anti-sodomy law predates the AIDS epidemic.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Apropos of nothing, anyone ever seen a ring with an amber (not setting, that's the wrong word)? That seems like it'd be pretty cool.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Volcott posted:

Apropos of nothing, anyone ever seen a ring with an amber (not setting, that's the wrong word)? That seems like it'd be pretty cool.

Isn’t amber waaay too soft for rings? I think opal is the same way. You’d end up having it be completely destroyed before long.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

poly and open-minded posted:

or that people who are gay still can't donate blood, voluntary or otherwise, even when tested for pathogens

Fixed.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Isn’t amber waaay too soft for rings? I think opal is the same way. You’d end up having it be completely destroyed before long.

Perhaps you could put a tiny shield over it, made of a transparent material.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Nah. I have an amber ring that was my mother’s, so at least 60 years old, and it’s fine. Also have an opal ring that was a great-grandaunt’s.

You just can’t wear them while washing dishes or gardening or chopping wood or whatever. Not an everyday ring, but a Sometimes Ring.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Volcott posted:

Perhaps you could put a tiny shield over it, made of a transparent material.

For opals that’s called “triplet” and it is more durable than a polished stone.

I’ve never seen anyone do that with amber, though.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Neat, good to know. I'll do further amber-related inquiries on my own time.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Dr Pepper posted:

Gosh that one video by Innuendo Studios about how right wingers think that it's pointless to only stop some evil is so very accurate. "Everyone dies so why are we trying to stop these Covid Deaths?"

Yep!! I thought the same

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Volcott posted:

Neat, good to know. I'll do further amber-related inquiries on my own time.

There are rings carved entirely from amber as well, like they do with jade. A semiprecious stone is actually a really great way to get an affordable ring while still offering up something special. Get a pretty cut of beryl or topaz and then put some small diamond chips around it to punch it up.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Considering that the Reagan administration's policy was "let it kill all the gay people and drug users" you could say that their policy of "not making it illegal" (which is bullshit due to anti-sodomy laws and bathhouse closures) worked anyway in creating a stupidly high death toll.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Volcott posted:

Amber is for cane toppers.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Bobby Digital posted:

Amber is for cane toppers.

But only if it has a mosquito in it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Or a smaller cane with a piece of amber on top

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
With an even tinier mosquito.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Captain Monkey posted:

With an even tinier mosquito.

Or a regular sized one, considering Hammond's cane had a crane fly instead of a mosquito, because a real mosquito wouldn't look as impressive in an amber jewel of that size.
:goonsay:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

People obsessed with shiny rocks are weird, I want a gaming pc instead of a rock. Take note, my many, many suitors.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

And they used Cray X-MPs in the book instead of the CM-5 you see in the movie. It had significantly more blinking lights and was thus cooler.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Volcott posted:

Yeah, the store I worked at sometime sold them. Usually set in sterling silver because it was a similar value to turquoise. It's very soft and easily chipped and scratched, similar to opal, so you have to be careful with it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

T-man posted:

People obsessed with shiny rocks are weird, I want a gaming pc instead of a rock. Take note, my many, many suitors.

The shiny rock is still worth something in 2 years, mind.

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer
I really need to get off Twitter. If I keep seeing poo poo like this I'll pick up a drinking habit.

https://twitter.com/rooshv/status/1262546749698248704

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It is as worthless the second after you buy it as it is when you try, desperately, try to sell it for a 10th of its value to some sweaty pawn shop guy. Have you ever actually tried to sell jewelry? My parents thought their wedding rings would save the house in the 2008 crash, and they were wrong. The gaming pc gives you fun for 2-8 years depending on your gaming tastes. Mine is getting on to 6 years old and I've had more fun with her than any idiot who wants shinyies.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

A fraction of it's original value is technically something, i suppose

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

J Detan posted:

I really need to get off Twitter. If I keep seeing poo poo like this I'll pick up a drinking habit.

I dunno: I read through the replies and they are 98% people completely dunking on him. Just a never-ending stream of insults about his fragile ego.

It's actually quite affirming to see.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

J Detan posted:

To be fair being RooshV in public is humiliating. He might be mistaking the root cause.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Mikl posted:

But only if it has a mosquito in it.

Like this one?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Roosh thinks castle doctrine means you should be allowed to rape anyone who accepts an invitation to your housewarming party.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

T-man posted:

Gaming PCs have electrified rocks inside

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I laughed. Very nice.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/imbabyfr/status/1263039684273373184

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Bobby Digital posted:

Gaming PCs have electrified rocks inside

PCs are just rocks we tricked into thinking for us.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

For your consideration: A basic white table

https://twitter.com/SteeloCity/status/1262868612148232195?s=19&fbclid=IwAR1976LWQtbAYYZ3g5yPq5mSZsneZpMlRnEEOSX5lHE4G8I41dVMTP8dgF0

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

poly and open-minded posted:

or that people who are gay couldn't donate blood, voluntary or otherwise, even when tested for pathogens

I mean I guess they can now, but don't you have to wait a year after your last same sex intercourse?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Political posts aren't allowed, so lets post the most vague thing ever written!

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Dixville posted:

Political posts aren't allowed, so lets post the most vague thing ever written!

im bi-partisancurious, pls message me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

More uncomfortably honkyish than tripping over a bucket of bicycle horns