Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Imagine being so dead on the inside and poisoned by years of irony posting about animated movies online, that the only thing you took away from a touching animated story was "it had elves or some poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Incredibly formulaic, boring, tiresome, and unmemorable. It's already lined up next to The Good Dinosaur for movies people forgot happened. I bet 95% of the people who saw it can't remember the older brothers name without looking it up.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The dragon is a dog

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pick posted:

Incredibly formulaic, boring, tiresome, and unmemorable. It's already lined up next to The Good Dinosaur for movies people forgot happened. I bet 95% of the people who saw it can't remember the older brothers name without looking it up.

I mean it also has the genuine misfortune of being released very shortly before the entire country shut down entirely due to a massive pandemic. It's kind of hard for any movie to gain memorable brainspace after that. God knows I watched some stuff and I couldn't tell you what, even though some of it was extremely good. (I can remember The Invisible Man at least!)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Did you see the invisible man?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pick posted:

I did indeed. Both that he appears visible in the movie for brief periods and that I enjoyed watching it.

I didn't see Onward but I think that is because the last Pixar movie I watched was Coco? I haven't even see Inside Out.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Pick posted:

His name is Barley Lightfoot.

I haven't even seen the movie.

ImpAtom posted:

I mean it also has the genuine misfortune of being released very shortly before the entire country shut down entirely due to a massive pandemic. It's kind of hard for any movie to gain memorable brainspace after that. God knows I watched some stuff and I couldn't tell you what, even though some of it was extremely good. (I can remember The Invisible Man at least!)

Also this is pretty drat accurate. I'm sure 95% of people don't give a poo poo about any movie right now, unless they saw it at home on VOD. Even then, no one's gushing over Trolls or Scoob! even though Trolls did so well that AMC refuses to show Universal movies anymore.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I dunno, I have the opposite experience from the last couple movies I saw in theatres before the world ended (The Invisible Man, The Lodge). I remember every second of those movies. God I miss going to movies.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Rolly is the best Dalmatian and I will hear none of this. :v:

I'm missing something right because they are both pugs!

And somewhat annoying.

But not as bad as PJ Masks.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I'm missing something right because they are both pugs!

And somewhat annoying.

But not as bad as PJ Masks.

poo poo, wrong dog! I thought you were talking about that 101 Dalmatians show...which apparently Rolly isn't in?

PJ Masks is awful though.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

ThermoPhysical posted:

poo poo, wrong dog! I thought you were talking about that 101 Dalmatians show...which apparently Rolly isn't in?

PJ Masks is awful though.

They ARE awful. The bad guys all have the most obnoxious voices and those kids should be in bed, gosh darnit. Go to bed! How do you function the next morning being awake all night??

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

They ARE awful. The bad guys all have the most obnoxious voices and those kids should be in bed, gosh darnit. Go to bed! How do you function the next morning being awake all night??

Easy, they're not old like we are.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Darth TNT posted:

Easy, they're not old like we are.

You need less sleep as you get older, not more.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Phylodox posted:

You need less sleep as you get older, not more.

I definitely want more sleep though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i have not seen onward because I'm tired of pixar but my gf watched it with her friends and did not like it so I'm feeling pretty good about making animated movie assumptions right now!

can't wait to watch scoob on friday

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is a cute lil' animation, Jason and Friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pdF1a7Qi9c&hd=1

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Captain Invictus posted:

this is a cute lil' animation, Jason and Friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pdF1a7Qi9c&hd=1

Awwww, that was really cute. :3: IT had to wait in the car.

Edit:

OH! Just realized it's the same person who did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou7GZDeOp3g

Another cute and spooky animation!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Pick posted:

https://twitter.com/InsaneLetterbox/status/1234342571436072961

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The title isn't "The Invisible ALL the Time Man", sheesh!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Who was posting about Thundercats Roar again? Yeah because it continues to kick rear end.

Also gosh Snarf is cute :3:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Thundercats is good but She-Ra just capped off an awesome reboot

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
she-ra? you mean the lesbian reylo show?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

ungulateman posted:

Wait, what?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

teagone posted:

Wait, what?
New She-Ra is hella gay.

They're also being a meanie and reducing a character's story arc and pseudo-spoiling the end of five seasons

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 20, 2020

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pick posted:

Who was posting about Thundercats Roar again? Yeah because it continues to kick rear end.

Also gosh Snarf is cute :3:

I'm not through all the newest episodes yet but it's so good. I am worried it peaked with Workin Grrl though because nothing has touched that one.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Dude, least spoiler tag that poo poo, it only dropped a few days ago.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ungulateman posted:

I know this was probably intended as insulting but you make the show sound incredible tbh. More problematic gay faves for everyone.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Awwww, that was really cute. :3: IT had to wait in the car.

Edit:

OH! Just realized it's the same person who did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou7GZDeOp3g

Another cute and spooky animation!

I love worthikid’s style so much! He did a bumper for adult swim recently that so perfectly replicated the Rankin-Bass style in CG :kimchi:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

mycot posted:

I know this was probably intended as insulting but you make the show sound incredible tbh. More problematic gay faves for everyone.

i'm just quoting a tumblr user who said (paraphrased) "this is the perfect bait because it's close enough to true to be hilariously insulting while also requiring sufficient knowledge of the source material to both see the similarities and understand why it's different"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
wow scoob was dogshit

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
zoinks, it's scoob, let's get outta here

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

PenguinKnight posted:

I love worthikid’s style so much! He did a bumper for adult swim recently that so perfectly replicated the Rankin-Bass style in CG :kimchi:

Legit. I haven't seen the Bumper, but this tribute they did for Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is phenomenal.

https://youtu.be/P4EuDkPD5x8

Also, it was made in Blender

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The animation in Meet The Robinsons is so floaty. None of the characters seem to hold on or snap to any key frames. The animation feels really... vague

e: it's getting better, must have just been the first few scenes

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 25, 2020

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Ugh but this movie is just so mediocre

I don’t know if it’s better or worse than Chicken Little. That movie at least had a plot

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Why is there a kung fu movie parody smack dang in the middle

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The movie is awkward but Bowler hat guy is the best.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Holy poo poo the first minute of the Studio Ponoc shorts on Netflix is loving gorgeous :sparkles:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

FilthyImp posted:

Holy poo poo the first minute of the Studio Ponoc shorts on Netflix is loving gorgeous :sparkles:

Are you watching Modest Heroes? It’s a good anthology that’s sadly missing a fourth short because Isao Takahata died before he got to make his part :smith:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yea, popped it on because my wife was looking for Ghibli films (thanks US for not having them).

We'll probably finish later because I'm seriously :eyepop: about that opener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The new HBOMax coming out this month will have at some of the Ghibli library (if the ad material with Totoro is anything to go by).