Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

I don't believe I've ever seen a sous vide device at Costco, which is fairly surprising. I've been super happy with my Anova Nano, and despite the name it's handled everything up to a 16lb turkey with ease.

They had one last year but it sold out in my warehouse in maybe 3 days. It might've been a roadshow. $99 if I remember right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Meydey posted:

They had one last year but it sold out in my warehouse in maybe 3 days. It might've been a roadshow. $99 if I remember right.

Yeah, they’ve had them at mine as roadshow/demo sales. Maybe they get upgraded to permanent status one day like vitamix

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
P B U C

https://twitter.com/jessehawken/status/1262875648844083206

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

:reject:He’s walking away cause he’s a pussy little bitch.

:reject:There he goes, he’s walking away with all my stuff.

:saddowns: Because I’m not a sheep.

:laffo: goddamn man.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/status/1262776145281519618

I didn't watch the video because I hate those things.

"Caught on video" that he streamed himself while bragging about his follower army :lol:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Wanna go around and just slap the hands of people like that and just go "no, naughty"

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Well one of them is a sheep

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Oh I see you're wearing pants. I thought this was a FREE COUNTRY :yarg:

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Cyrano4747 posted:

My biggest hang up with sous vide is all the bags that get used. It just seems so wasteful to basically toss a bag with every meal you cook.

But I’ll fully admit to being the weird one on this. I’ve been doing a lot to try and eliminate as much single use plastic bag and wrap type poo poo in my life as I can. Not going to even pretend to be all the way there but it sure as gently caress makes you notice it.

You fill them full of soapy water and a sponge and mush it around until it's clean?

david_a posted:

I don’t think I eat enough meat to bother with sous vide. Other than eggs, what else is it good for?

I use mine to make yogurt, you can make custard, perfect fish, can even use it to make cheese easier than in a pan or double boiler. Ironically I don't like the way it cooks most meats and never use it for that either. That said if you don't like the watery kind of european yogurt or buttermilk then you won't really like the sous vide version either. I have digestion problems and drink about a gallon of yogurt every two weeks.

Basically you can use it for anything you can imagine where you need to keep something at a really consistent temperature. People always think of it as sealing things in a plastic bag but it's just as easy to submerge pots or gallon jugs or whatever.

Washout fucked around with this message at 07:36 on May 20, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Takes No Damage posted:

"Caught on video" that he streamed himself while bragging about his follower army :lol:

Those are the best. When they film themselves being an rear end in a top hat and it completely backfires on them.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Takes No Damage posted:

3 thousand Instagram followers is not a lot, either.

This is "pretty big wheel at the cracker factory" territory

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Those are the best. When they film themselves being an rear end in a top hat and it completely backfires on them.
The "CHUd cries MY FREEDUMBS while getting owned by a worker enforcing policy" is pretty much a YouTube genre now.

There was this dope (who, I hope, had his membership revoked), some lady in Dana Point whinging that she couldn't shop in Gelson's without a mask, etc.

Weird that it's all PRIVATE BUSINESS when it comes to gay cakes but when it's wear a mask they get all Gadsden Flag on everyone.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Gelsons lady was hilarious because the medical condition she says keeps her from using a mask is lupus and the dancing former bartender she tries to guilt having none of it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
We had a guy freak out in my store when this all started because the cashier wouldn't touch his card. Guy started spitting on the floor and told my manager to meet him outside if he had a problem.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

We had a guy freak out in my store when this all started because the cashier wouldn't touch his card. Guy started spitting on the floor and told my manager to meet him outside if he had a problem.

Every Costco needs a cooler now, like Swayze in Roadhouse.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine choosing the Costco mask policy to finally make a stand against government tyranny.

Like.... that was finally the last straw, for that "I woke up in a free country" patriot.

That line, and no more.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

GORDON posted:

Imagine choosing the Costco mask policy to finally make a stand against government tyranny.

Like.... that was finally the last straw, for that "I woke up in a free country" patriot.

That line, and no more.

When you've never ever been told "No" in your life that's what you get

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

GORDON posted:

That line, and no more.
Look, the Costco mask is totally different, because it infringes on the "freedoms" of cishet white people.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Requesting an edit of :fireman: as a Costco employee.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

GORDON posted:

That line, and no more.

Because service employees are professionally obligated to be nice and accommodating with you and cowards love taking advantage of that power dynamic/confuse it for having actual clout.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

just got back from church. they had chicken breasts but no thighs which is what i usually get. also they were pushing drumsticks REALLY hard for some reason. still no clorox wipes :mad:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

GORDON posted:

That line, and no more.

Costco, the fourth branch of government.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Ooo I like drumsticks. Might need to go pick me some up.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Coredump posted:

Ooo I like drumsticks. Might need to go pick me some up.

Grilled drumsticks are a perfect summer BBQ food.

Drumstick in one hand, beer in the other.

Theres no county fair this year so I don't get my giant turkey leg. :sigh:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

GORDON posted:

That line, and no more.

I don't get how it's any different from dress codes that clubs and fancy restaurants have. Aside from the obvious fact that it affects white people.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

I don't get how it's any different from dress codes that clubs and fancy restaurants have. Aside from the obvious fact that it affects white people.

It involves being considerate of others and that's like garlic to a vampire for a lot of lovely white dudes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Every Costco needs a cooler now, like Swayze in Roadhouse.

A bear fell on me

*bear price tag: $1200*

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

just got back from church. they had chicken breasts but no thighs which is what i usually get. also they were pushing drumsticks REALLY hard for some reason. still no clorox wipes :mad:

It’s been this way everywhere. FWIW most recipes that you can do with thighs work with drumsticks.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Chicken thighs are supremely underrated.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Minto Took posted:

Chicken thighs are supremely underrated.

Maybe by idiots.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Had to go to church last weekend to scope out the chicken situation. There was some. It's roughly 2x more expensive than usual in the regular non-frozen section. Used to be 6 packs per unit for roughly $20, now it's 3 packs for a little under $20.

In happier news it turns out my stco has Bitchin Sauce. Got the chipotle kind and it's pretty drat good! Had been looking for something for my trisquits since I'm getting a little burnt out on eating them with baby bell snack gouda and this stuff will do nicely.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
We got cheap chicken thighs at Smart and Final and Grocery Outlet here in SoCal over the last few days.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

Grilled drumsticks are a perfect summer BBQ food.

Drumstick in one hand, beer in the other.

Theres no county fair this year so I don't get my giant turkey leg. :sigh:

I'm not gonna say fair food is the most complex of things. But when I think of fair food i think of being at the fair and me being justified in eating a pizza sized funnel cake and whatever else they decided to deep fry that year.

Idk if i can pull a last year fair food extravaganza at my house :smith:

How do i deep fry butter!? :qq:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I could just buy a pack of Costco dawgs and eat the whole thing though :thunk:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mandalay posted:

We got cheap chicken thighs at Smart and Final and Grocery Outlet here in SoCal over the last few days.

Smart and Final is my go to for my normal trips. Decent prices and some of their bulk items are great. I'm a big fan of their store brand too.

EDIT: It needs to be a smart and final extra though.

Also their cooked chicken is great and about the same price as Costco.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

There was (is?) this place in Newport Beach near where all the bars are that would have freshly fried cheese on a stick. It was AMAZING drunk food, but also extremely dangerous because that melted cheese was magma hot. But who the hell has the discipline to wait for it to cool down

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'm not gonna say fair food is the most complex of things. But when I think of fair food i think of being at the fair and me being justified in eating a pizza sized funnel cake and whatever else they decided to deep fry that year.

freeze it

dont deep fry butter unless you want to die of fat

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

freeze it

dont deep fry butter unless you want to die of fat

Its my county fair and ill deep fry what ever i drat well please!

Now if you'll excuse me, i need to take some low dosage aspirin

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Inspector 34 posted:

Had been looking for something for my trisquits since I'm getting a little burnt out on eating them with baby bell snack gouda and this stuff will do nicely.

We get those 3 packs of alouette spreadable cheese. Also the KS brie is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

There was (is?) this place in Newport Beach near where all the bars are that would have freshly fried cheese on a stick. It was AMAZING drunk food, but also extremely dangerous because that melted cheese was magma hot. But who the hell has the discipline to wait for it to cool down

hello, welcome to every bar in Wisconsin, though we don't bother with the stick