Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

also hey

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-rtx-voice-performance/

theres a simple .ini fix that makes nvidia rtx voice work with any nvidia card. might try it with my gtx1080 later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

epic game store is giving gtav away for free

not even free games will make me install that loving epic game store bullshit

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mustang posted:

I'm gonna wait to get Subnautica until its on sale again so I started playing No Man's Sky again, which I already own though I never played more than like an hour of it and a long time ago at that.

It's a lot of fun to play stoned and on a 34in curved ultrawide monitor it's extremely immersive in first person.

No idea what I'm doing though.

Subnautica is on Xbox Game Pass, FYI.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've been playing the poo poo out of Terraria 1.4. Nine years after the game came out they added an update that has roughly 50% more content. It's real good.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Mustang posted:

I'm gonna wait to get Subnautica until its on sale again so I started playing No Man's Sky again, which I already own though I never played more than like an hour of it and a long time ago at that.

It's a lot of fun to play stoned and on a 34in curved ultrawide monitor it's extremely immersive in first person.

No idea what I'm doing though.

I had a blast just getting ripped and playing it with a bunch of synthwave and new-retro wave playlists going in the background

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I just got access to the 'anomaly' which is a space station that can be summoned anywhere by the player and it's essentially like a capital space station for players to meet up. Also gave me access to a lot more technology to research though I still haven't figured out how to make any of the planet side vehicles. Hell, I've barely made a base.

Exploring planets for resources and salvage is fun as hell though. I found this nuclear planet that was covered in ruins and relics and had sentinels everywhere that attack you if you do anything other than exist on the planet. Almost all of the relics I found were worth around 2.5 million to sell which seemed like a ton of money to a newbie so I scoured the planet for more until my inventory was full. Had to escape the sentinels each time too.

Exploration is 1000x easier now that my launch thrusters recharge themselves, was irritating how often I had to fuel them before I upgraded them.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Mustang posted:

I just got access to the 'anomaly' which is a space station that can be summoned anywhere by the player and it's essentially like a capital space station for players to meet up. Also gave me access to a lot more technology to research though I still haven't figured out how to make any of the planet side vehicles. Hell, I've barely made a base.

Exploring planets for resources and salvage is fun as hell though. I found this nuclear planet that was covered in ruins and relics and had sentinels everywhere that attack you if you do anything other than exist on the planet. Almost all of the relics I found were worth around 2.5 million to sell which seemed like a ton of money to a newbie so I scoured the planet for more until my inventory was full. Had to escape the sentinels each time too.

Exploration is 1000x easier now that my launch thrusters recharge themselves, was irritating how often I had to fuel them before I upgraded them.

Alright, I'm convinced. Hell, I'll even pay retail.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I liked finding planets full of those glowing ball things that fetched a stupid amount of money for each one. Sentinels are easy to deal with, but fighting those hosed up alien things for eggs isn't worth the trouble.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I found a planet inhabited by a ton of crabs.

That are about 30 feet tall.

I also found a "shattered" planet. It's covered in nothing but twisted metal/glass structures, some of which are floating and others are like vines/tentacles. Eerily calm weather the whole time I was here.

I'm going to assume something super hosed up to turn a planet into this.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005

So far, I've spawned on a really cold planet, traveled to a really hot one, on my way to a space station, and I desperately need more inventory space.

Game's real good so far.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

is that no man's sky?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Yeah, it's No Man's Sky. I'm loving hooked.

I should be going to bed but I have a solar panel network to build for my tomb raiding outpost.

Found a planet with 'ancient bones' which has fossils worth like 60k-2.5mil units a piece. No sentinels this time either so I can pillage this planet in peace.

Looks kind of like the American South West, with cactus's and rocky plateaus just with some lakes thrown in for good measure.

Has a badass photo mode too, I take pictures nearly everywhere I go.

Suntan Boy posted:

So far, I've spawned on a really cold planet, traveled to a really hot one, on my way to a space station, and I desperately need more inventory space.

Game's real good so far.

For inventory upgrades make sure you go inside every space station you find, you can purchase 1 inventory upgrade in each one. So far it seems like every system has a space station in it.

You can also trade/buy ships from NPC travelers in space stations. You'll see them come and go just like you. The one I'm using cost me about 5mil and had a lot more inventory space and 3x the maneuverability which is great for planet hopping for resources and salvage.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That's cool to hear that it's a good game now

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yeah. Launch was a hot mess, glad they kept up with it.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Been playing subnautica again, still having the same problems last time i was playing. Namely it just blacks out the computer after playing it fo a while

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5BJVO3PDeQ

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I tried replaying NMS a few weeks ago but I got annoyed with the forced base-building missions. Like motherfucker I'm playing this game to explore, not build loving bases with your janky rear end base building mechanics before I'm even allowed outside of the system I start in.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's still weird to me that everywhere you go in the game seems so loving crowded with people

Like it's an exploration game but only in the Christopher Columbus sense.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Can anyone point me to a place where I can get 2 x 27s that have a vertical height adjustment and aren't ancient refurb?

There's an LG I want on Newegg but its 1 per customer limit.

e: Leading candidate right now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FKH79XM?pf_rd_r=M88RNP8AMX6YDPEWM6W5&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee&th=1

2e: ended up with https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N2L5CXO/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Looking forward to Wednesday.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 23, 2020

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Downloaded No Mans Sky. When my wife is done with the TV, I’m gonna go planet exploring.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition is $25 on PSN, hmm

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition is $25 on PSN, hmm

Worth it. Also Origins had/has a similar sale going on.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Downloaded No Mans Sky. When my wife is done with the TV, I’m gonna go planet exploring.

The forced base building at the beginning is kind of annoying, but it opens up to assorted shenanigans in the name of space bux pretty quick after that.

I was running through the Anomaly earlier today, and someone dancing on a console filled all my empty inventory with some high value refined metal. Bought a freighter, stashed the rest, and made a mental note to pay that forward eventually.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If I ever get GTA5 downloaded (huge if; every time I leave the dl up while I go to bed I come back and my entire internet is down), I'll probably get coh2. I've never played it. (Didn't know it was an rts)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the first coh is the good one

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If it's not free, I'm not interested

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I started playing Sekiro again. The combat never clicked with me before but it’s starting to now. When it clicks, it’s probably the best combat in an action RPG I’ve played.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I started playing Ori and the Will Of the Wisps yesterday. Easily the most beautiful game I’ve ever seen. It’s reminiscent of the old Kolibri games for the 32X, with all the trappings of progression from the Metroid games. I’m having such a good time and my eyeballs are absolutely feasting on these lovely visuals.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Time Crisis Actor posted:

I started playing Ori and the Will Of the Wisps yesterday. Easily the most beautiful game I’ve ever seen. It’s reminiscent of the old Kolibri games for the 32X, with all the trappings of progression from the Metroid games. I’m having such a good time and my eyeballs are absolutely feasting on these lovely visuals.

Great game, I played the first one a couple of months before this one came out and loved that as well.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If everyone's paying nms again maybe I should hop back in and do some mp with you guys, but I'm pretty sure I lost all my progress formatting and going to win10 a couple years ago. Starting over on all the mods and upgrades doesn't sound great.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

metroid prime trilogy may be dropping to switch next month

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ving_next_month

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

metroid prime trilogy may be dropping to switch next month

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ving_next_month

:stwoon:

I never played Prime 3, was it any good? I’ve got a copy of Super Metroid, and the ROM hacks out there for it improve it to something that’s near perfection :stare:

e: we actually have a ROM hack thread, for anyone interested.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3877134&perpage=40

They’re effectively mods for a ROM, but some of them do something fairly simple (rotate the map 90 degrees for Super Metroid, for example), and some amount to entire rewrites of the base game, with people that were 25-30 years too late to be designers for a Super Nintendo. Super Metroid was near-perfect on its own, but some of the ROM hacks for it turn it even more up to legend status.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 25, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is there a good ff6 romhack

ive been hankering

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also i setup elite dangerous vr with my hotas so if anyone wants to tell me wtf to do then by all means

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Icon Of Sin posted:

:stwoon:

I never played Prime 3, was it any good? I’ve got a copy of Super Metroid, and the ROM hacks out there for it improve it to something that’s near perfection :stare:

e: we actually have a ROM hack thread, for anyone interested.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3877134&perpage=40

They’re effectively mods for a ROM, but some of them do something fairly simple (rotate the map 90 degrees for Super Metroid, for example), and some amount to entire rewrites of the base game, with people that were 25-30 years too late to be designers for a Super Nintendo. Super Metroid was near-perfect on its own, but some of the ROM hacks for it turn it even more up to legend status.

Honestly the best thing is Another Metroid 2 Remake but you'd probably have to pm someone (cough) for a copy since Nintendo is assholes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive only really done translation hacks for roms, stuff like Mother 3 and Seiken Densetsu 3 until square just magically translated it last year

one game i keep meaning to play through again is secret of evermore. really awesome game and such a weird development

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ive only really done translation hacks for roms, stuff like Mother 3 and Seiken Densetsu 3 until square just magically translated it last year

one game i keep meaning to play through again is secret of evermore. really awesome game and such a weird development

That game loving rocks. I love how the main guy has seen every B, C, and D horror movie, and references them constantly. I've seen a blog post here and there back when I was trying to find a copy of it that implied we almost got a very different game than the one that was released. Here's one I dug up just now:

http://rainwoodworks.blogspot.com/2010/09/secret-of-evermore-was-one-of-my.html

It almost looks like a proto-Silent Hill from the cover art, but that kind of thing never actually appeared in the game.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Apparently Sony is mad that people are criticising GayBash Simulator 2k20

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

Apparently Sony is mad that people are criticising GayBash Simulator 2k20

Literally the bad guys are the homophobes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Yes, the company ultimately behind the game where you fight and kill homophobic Christians might be sensitive to leaks.