Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

AlbieQuirky posted:

ross’s mum seems confused by the idea that prison is not fun

i am a prison abolitionist, but only with the caveat that ross is the antepenultimate person they let out, then bill cosby, then harvey weinstein

no you aren't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

anyone who posts in this godforsaken computer forum who claims to be an anarchist or anti cop or whatever bullshit is lying

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Amethyst posted:

anyone who posts in this godforsaken computer forum who claims to be an anarchist or anti cop or whatever bullshit is lying

lol

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

who are you responding to? i see no posts

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Weatherman posted:

who are you responding to? i see no posts

Holy poo poo! We have a hardcore anarchist here, everyone. I can smell his stinking dreadlocks through my computer terminal. X-treme.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBNi1XGirHg

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
:yikes:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

this is the bitcoin thread. your political discourse should be about if the fringes on flags, if you are travelling, or what kind of boat you are.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

im a traveling gold-fringed freeboat-on-the-sea ama

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:hmmyes:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
atari still exists??

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Grace Baiting posted:

:sureboat:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Suspicious posted:

atari still exists??

I think someone bought the trademark and just sells merch to nostalgic people and does dumb unrelated licensing poo poo with it

so nothing like this, of course

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Suspicious posted:

atari still exists??

They have a dumbass console coming nobody wants or needs and are building gamer hotels.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

COVID-NINE7EENredditor for 6 weeks 3 points 2 hours ago

I used to work with a guy that had a handful of bitcoin that he paid almost nothing for, and he would always say that his grandkids will live in a world where almost nobody owns one bitcoin because that would be like owning an island.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Bitcoin is a monetary solar system (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 10 hours ago by the420chronicler

The star at the center can't be controlled, but its energy can be leveraged.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Bought 100€ worth of Bitcoin, now I have less? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 10 hours ago by Poo1tergeistredditor for 3 months

Hey yall. I purchased 100€ worth of Bitcoin, then transfered all of it to my private wallet since everyone advises not to keep in on an exchange wallet, now when I look at my funds it says I have 93.86€ what gives? Where has the rest of it gone?

:thunk:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

Hey yall. I purchased 100€ worth of Bitcoin, then transfered all of it to my private wallet since everyone advises not to keep in on an exchange wallet, now when I look at my funds it says I have 93.86€ what gives? Where has the rest of it gone?

MINDS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

...! posted:

no, fees!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Number go down????

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fantasy forex

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

...! posted:

obviously you are supposed to buy more to make up the difference. working as intended. the right action is always to buy more

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Agile Vector posted:

fantasy forex

isn't that a "real" thing?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Boxturret posted:

isn't that a "real" thing?

it is, and that led me to a rabbit hole of fantasy crypto trading which should be, arguably, the best deterrent to actual crypto trading

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Grace Baiting posted:

where's the berth certificate

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

amishjosh posted:

where's the berth certificate

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i miss the blf/mtgox days when bitcoin companies had the decency to explode, now they just print a billion coins and all their users yell about how everything's fine and because bitcoin isn't real they can keep going indefinitely powered by shared delusions

everything's fake in bitcoinland:sigh:

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

did anything funny happening due to the block reward reducing by half?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Pardot posted:

did anything funny happening due to the block reward reducing by half?

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Apparently, Today someone moved 40BTC that was mined in the first 30 days of bitcoin going public. Seems like this could be sign that things are going to get quite interesting for btc.

... so, armed robbery I guess?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the halvening happened and the price shot up by 22005038580% and everyone uses it and cancer and the corona virus are now cured and elon musk is king of the universe

have you been living under a rock?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Boxturret posted:

i miss the blf/mtgox days when bitcoin companies had the decency to explode, now they just print a billion coins and all their users yell about how everything's fine and because bitcoin isn't real they can keep going indefinitely powered by shared delusions

everything's fake in bitcoinland:sigh:

continuing the "history of finance" speedrun, the bitfinex reserve bank unveiled their monetary injection program: Quantitative Teasing

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

the halvening happened and the price shot up by 22005038580% and everyone uses it and cancer and the corona virus are now cured and elon musk is king of the universe

have you been living under a rock?
yes, and on this description of the world state we should all go back under the rock to take shelter from the heat of the mines and elon's nukes.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

Vlad Matveev has learned the hard way how volatile cryptocurrency hedge funds can be.

The 50-year-old Muscovite invested $250,000 last year with California-based Cryptolab Capital, which targeted double-digit gains from trading crypto regardless of whether the market rose or fell. But Matveev said his investment fell 98.5 percent in value when the fund folded in this year’s coronavirus-induced turmoil.

“I don’t really know what happened,” said Matveev, a fund manager-turned-private investor. “They said they had a diversified set of strategies.”
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/05/crypto-hedge-funds-struggle-to-recover-from-bloodbath/

my sides

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
They probably have a very diversified set of exit strategies.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/Free_Ross/status/1263229149402943489

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Believe it or not

FREE ROSS!

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
no purchase required?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

Believe it or not

FREE ROSS!

I do not believe it.

Also, those fuckers keep sending me spam, because I used their WiFi once. They deserve to be associated with Free Ross.