Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/kyokocchi_art/status/1220200077148545024?s=20

Edit: great way to start a new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Strange Matter posted:

I feel like Nailah would crush Rafiel into powder just by breathing at him too hard.

Don't kinkshame

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It seems to be the male heron way to get with someone would could snap them in half by blinking too hard at them.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TBH I would trust Tibarn to be gentle far more than I would trust Nailah.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

TBH I would trust Tibarn to be gentle far more than I would trust Nailah.

quote:

Queen Nailah is naturally beautiful, but it's her kindness and refinement from within that radiate most of all.

quote:

It may seem surprising, but I am an aesthete. Matters concerning beauty and the arts deeply touch my soul.

Way to stereotype the wolf queen :colbert:

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Nailah and Oliver form a heron appreciation committee.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

It seems to be the male heron way to get with someone would could snap them in half by blinking too hard at them.

I mean, it's not like Naesela is a slouch.

Also herons are so fragile that I think any non heron would snap them in half by blinking too hard at them so...

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/12/13/fe-rd-nailah-character-profile-p-115-translation/

quote:

Hobby: Braiding Rafiel’s hair
oh my god

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

In other news, the results for Famitsu's poll for the 30th anniversary got published:

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1263128684300402688

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lmao famitsu.

very much aware of the hypocrisy thankyouverymuch. :v:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

In other news, the results for Famitsu's poll for the 30th anniversary got published:

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1263128684300402688

Not the largest sample size, but I'm glad to see Awakening did okay and Fates got shut out of the top five.

Ever unreliable gut check says that Three Houses is probably going to fall down the rankings a bit once it's not the newest any more, but it's going to be hard to unseat Holy War. Print gaming magazines always have a place for the grog favorite, and the fact the series has shifted so much means there's not going to be a "new" game that fills their wants.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Not the largest sample size, but I'm glad to see Awakening did okay and Fates got shut out of the top five.

Ever unreliable gut check says that Three Houses is probably going to fall down the rankings a bit once it's not the newest any more, but it's going to be hard to unseat Holy War. Print gaming magazines always have a place for the grog favorite, and the fact the series has shifted so much means there's not going to be a "new" game that fills their wants.

well if we end up getting a genealogy remake soon maybe that'll be the one :v:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Looper posted:

well if we end up getting a genealogy remake soon maybe that'll be the one :v:

Jungdral really the only setting they have left that "needs" a touch up. Yeah the GBA and GCN games show their age in a few places but they still have the sensibilities of modern games. Hell the sprites on the GBA games are so good that the recent revival of sprite based graphics has made them ironically seem more modern now than when they were made. Tellius aged worse graphically but 3H showed that FE isn't about having the newest bestest graphics.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Cipher may be ending, but by god they made sure to include hte most important character in fire emblem before it goes
https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/1264053529410326530

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Now that's something to report!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I got the inclination to pick up my on-again-off-again maddening playthrough of 3H, and wouldn't you know it, I left it off on Balthus' paralogue. oh boy. I remember this map now, and I also very distinctly remember getting quite far in it a few times before my inevitable failure.

I think this might require some serious lowmanning and chokepointing to actually get through. i'm so underpowered for it.

E: oh jesus christ, and the amount of enemies in the map gets literally doubled from the starting amount via reinforcements. on turn 5. the prospects are not looking good for me to beat this via anything but cheese.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 23, 2020

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

ok. ok, intsys. you've done it. the amount of enemies that spawn on turn 5 (or earlier if you dare try to group up) is just completely ridiculous. there's absolutely no way to handle this map "normally."

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

Now that's something to report!

https://twitter.com/theprinceofiris/status/1264185582328176641

he can't attack and only boosts YOUR attack
he's perfect :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Amppelix you're only hurting yourself, please stop. :ohdear:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Gatekeeper Hero for FEH next please

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

what, exactly, are you supposed to do about this formation of 8 enemies casually dropping in

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Amppelix posted:

what, exactly, are you supposed to do about this formation of 8 enemies casually dropping in

Have edelgard be a huge fuckoff tanky rear end in a top hat instead and sit on the tile one north of where she's standing and watch the entire squad break themselves on her.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Yeah, uh, not gonna happen. for starters there's two battalions in that group who're going to ruin any plans to not take damage. then there's a mage, because of course there is. and probably most importantly, well, on maddening you're just not going to be able to muster enough raw stats to make the good old tank and spank strategy actually work in the first place. these enemies are incredibly strong.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I've not done Balthus' paralogue, is it a rout or an objective. Is it at all possible to try speed killing strategies?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

it's rout. and the map looks like this

and as mentioned the amount of enemies will exactly double from reinforcements

and the boss transforms into a monster when killed

Like i said, lowmanning and very very slowly whittling it down seems like the strat here. that, and i probably want to actually wait until the very last opportunity to do the mission.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 23, 2020

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Don't take the full allowed amount of units and don't take any squishy ones. Everyone should quickly make their way to the area where Byleth and the 2 DLC characters start from and then move slowly. Crowd control battalions are really useful. That's the only way I managed to clear it on Maddening.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Ok I just hit gen 2 of fe4 and I'm starting to understand why people love this game so much. Its absolutely hilarious watching these kids rip through entire armies with the magical killer swords I forged them in gen 1.

Still has a ton of warts, but the highs are pretty solid to match.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

Ok I just hit gen 2 of fe4 and I'm starting to understand why people love this game so much. Its absolutely hilarious watching these kids rip through entire armies with the magical killer swords I forged them in gen 1.

Still has a ton of warts, but the highs are pretty solid to match.

Reminder that you get like half of Gen 2 to WHOOOOOOSH any pain in the rear end enemy away with Forseti and not just Chapter 5 and like one enemy formation in 4. God drat is that feeling cathartic.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Last Celebration posted:

Reminder that you get like half of Gen 2 to WHOOOOOOSH any pain in the rear end enemy away with Forseti and not just Chapter 5 and like one enemy formation in 4. God drat is that feeling cathartic.

90% of gen 2 with the right pairings

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The more I think about it, the next FE has to be a Holy War remake. The castle mechanic just works too well as a tweaked Monastery

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I'm picturing the support log nightmare that a would-be FE4 remake would bring since I'm guessing the subtitute kids would have scattered supports with other characters in addition to themselves and the guaranteed kids.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

90% of gen 2 with the right pairings

True, but it’s a new player so i wasn’t sure if they went for that pairing since Lewyn/Erinyes is shoved in your face.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Last Celebration posted:

True, but it’s a new player so i wasn’t sure if they went for that pairing since Lewyn/Erinyes is shoved in your face.

I'm not going in blind and I absolutely chose the option that puts it on a horse eventually and hands it to you on chapter one(Technically six).

Leaf is currently retreating cutting a bloody swath through the enemy wielding his mothers roided up light sword. Sigurd put 70ish kills on it before handing it off for inheritance. It feels like this game more than any other in the series is all about having that one strong guy lift the whole game on their back. There's this feedback loop where creating an easily passed around super weapon causes everyone to rock the arena keeping everyone in pace and you aren't even punished with a lack of depth when you send a guy in to solo enemy formations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rannum posted:

I'm picturing the support log nightmare that a would-be FE4 remake would bring since I'm guessing the subtitute kids would have scattered supports with other characters in addition to themselves and the guaranteed kids.
They'd probably just have supports with other substitutes and the guaranteed characters.

Frankly they might get rid of the substitute mechanic entirely. Just have moms retreat when defeated and then make generic versions of the same kids.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Probably the right choice from a development resources standpoint, but it would also be pretty lame, so I hope they don't do that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I agree it would be lame, and they did give a few substitutes Cipher cards. And tonewise I really like how the sub route plays out, with them worrying about not having holy blood and the game being harder but still totally doable.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

They'd probably just have supports with other substitutes and the guaranteed characters.
That would be the easiest way but I still wouldn't put it past them to throw a few in there if they thought the character interaction might be interesting. It's probably just because it was easier to do mechanically but all the subs can fall in love with the normal characters where appropriate

quote:

Frankly they might get rid of the substitute mechanic entirely. Just have moms retreat when defeated and then make generic versions of the same kids.
I can see them thinking it's part of FE4's flavor enough that, much like Gaiden's myriad....decisions.., they leave it in untouched.

I'd probably just make them normal recruits or something

I find myself attached to them because it's kind of sad how there's all these characters defined by being generally shittier versions of other characters you only get if you messed up. It's interesting! & I think half of them were planned for FE5 at one point? which is kind of grimly hilarious considering that game's theme of "your army sucks and is barely scraping by"

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
There's a lot of stuff that I'm curious about regarding an FE4 remake. Would they implement a Casual mode, and how would that work wrt to the giant maps? Would they add any new characters? Would they change the weapons and/or classes around? Add branching promotions/class changing? Change how skills work?

I've played through the FE Binary version before, and I'd love to see some of those changes implemented in a proper remake (maybe without the insane enemy inflation though)

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Alacron posted:

There's a lot of stuff that I'm curious about regarding an FE4 remake. Would they implement a Casual mode, and how would that work wrt to the giant maps? Would they add any new characters? Would they change the weapons and/or classes around? Add branching promotions/class changing? Change how skills work?

I've played through the FE Binary version before, and I'd love to see some of those changes implemented in a proper remake (maybe without the insane enemy inflation though)

I think casual mode would work the same, even with the maps being as large as they are. They're stil lgoing to be out of comission for the rest of the chapter. Which would probably be interesting since it'd mean casual players who just eat a retreat and move on probably have to think more about the rest of the map more than normal (...in theory, i mean if arden dies at the start of the map while everyone is way off the indstanece well no real difference i suppose...)

Shadows of Valentia overhauled a bunch of weapons & accessories and added/replaced more and so did FE1/3's remakes I think. So that seems like something that'd for sure happen in FE4 Remake.
Classes I think could go either way. outside of giving everyone access to Villagers (through DLC), a Girl Villager pathline, and the overclasses, SoV didn't touch the class system at all outside of growths I think. Meanwhile FE1/3 had that whole class change system & I believe modernized all the classes so everyone had promotions. I think FE4 classes all have standard stuff so it's rpoabbly just a question of "Do they think this is part of the game's identity enough to keep as-is"

I can see them adding a couple new characters, maybe a recurring villain ala Berkut, just to help spice things up or differentiate bosses a little. FE1 had the whole (dumb) death system and brought them back in FE3 so even though FE4 didn't need as much "extra" as FE2 arguably did I can see them throwing in a few here & there so they have something to point and go wow! they're new! please love them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010