Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

OP2 is definitely better, Love Dramatic is a good tune but Daddy Daddy Do is astonishingly addictive in a way the first OP never was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'll say this, though: "Love Dramatique" has the better start because those riffs from the brass section are powerful enough to have my head bobbing in record time. Like it straight up puts me in a better mood.

But this is immediately denied because Daddy Daddy Do! has "clap your hands" as part of its chorus and, with my almost-30 years of musical theory knowledge I can tell you that you don't loving beat "clap your hands" followed by "♪ paa-pa-raa! ♫ paa-pa-raa!" in a song unless you pull out all the stops. Yes, I know that the intro to the song also has hand-claps, but the funky, over-driven guitar and the brass are the main punches of those 7 seconds. Again, a "clap your hands" section is one of the oldest tricks in the book, but gaddamn is it still effective when deployed like it is in the song.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Of course, the real power move is that they basically got the Japanese equivalent of Barry White to make the openings for their romcom series. Seriously, Masayuki Suzuki is love song royalty.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Season 2. The Walk Cycle going along with Daddy Daddy Do is the best part of either.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

OP2 is definitely better, Love Dramatic is a good tune but Daddy Daddy Do is astonishingly addictive in a way the first OP never was.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Gonna give it to OP 1 and its bombastic, trippy Bond-intro vibe. Daddy! Daddy! Do! is admittedly a better song but that's only part of the whole.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

daddy daddy do is way better because it illustrates a succinct storyline right there in the opening

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I'm still a bigger fan of a theme song for a rom com being all the characters pulling guns on each other, but I admit the theming fit the first half of the first season far more than the second, and now it would be completely off.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I prefer the OP for season 2 but the ED for season 1.
Still holding out for a one off ED like the Chika dance, they have to have something like that lined up after how the Chika ED blew up online right?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
OP1 for the song, OP2 for the Scooby Doo gang

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like OP1 better because of how James Bond it is but OP2's song is better. Although none of them are as good as Chika's ED and none ever will be.

Also Hayasaka's hand gestures at the end of the latest episode prove she's a connoisseur of Canadian comedy ensembles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t4pmlHRokg

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They should have the pres sing a song!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wark Say posted:

They should have the pres sing a song!

It'll be fine, he's only "kinda" bad.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Also Hayasaka's hand gestures at the end of the latest episode prove she's a connoisseur of Canadian comedy ensembles.

She’s imagining them in a hydraulic press

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wait, there's gonna be an English dub of this show? I honestly don't think it can work unless Konomi Kohara is secretly bilingual.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I like OP1 better because of how James Bond it is but OP2's song is better. Although none of them are as good as Chika's ED and none ever will be.

isn't there a follow up skit of this where he does actually crush someone's head suddenly

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'm glad I'm not the only person who believed this. I thought I was misinterpreting it as something else at first, but with the hydraulic press thing I can totally see that being the intention.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Futaba Anzu posted:

isn't there a follow up skit of this where he does actually crush someone's head suddenly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM5_dgKDsrc

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

New episode

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

These wind down episodes are always something special

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think it is time we all start talking about se.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Hunt11 posted:

I think it is time we all start talking about se.

Okay there, Salt-N-Pepa

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
If not for Eizouken this would probably wind up being my favorite show this year

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The random moaning oh my God I can't breath.

A-1 has really gone above and beyond for this adaptation. It is really incredible.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Goojiwara

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

If it felt like this week's episode is short make sure you watch after the credits, there's a whole additional act there that's incredible.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Coxswain Balls posted:

If it felt like this week's episode is short make sure you watch after the credits, there's a whole additional act there that's incredible.

Seriously the ED starts at 16 minutes. There's a whole nother part right after it.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

The random moaning oh my God I can't breath.
https://i.imgur.com/jZXJY8a.mp4

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Iino doing her best to threaten Chika's job as comic reaction girl.

She won't win because Chika is still Best Girl, but drat it I admire her efforts.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Subject F's purpose is to be the embodiment of chaos. "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry", and that's all thanks to Chika.

Miko gets to witness all the insanity for what it is while occasionally being unwittingly roped into it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Between PANTSU! ~wow~ and then Kaguya's weird noise as Chika is whispering to her it's been 30 seconds and I'm already dead

SebastianK
Dec 4, 2011

Congratulations
What a loving great episode

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That was extremely silly. Loved it! Poor new girl...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTi_pOlWS-M

Where are my Kaguya noises

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The changed character models in Shojo land were :kiss:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Kaguya with regular anime eyes is just wrong.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
The spoiler meta joke hit me pretty good. I wanted to read that manga myself. :(

Being Miko is suffering. I hope she gets a chance to interact more though and not just running away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I wish the adaptation of chapter 30 (Ai's Mission Impossible silliness) hadn't had the Pokemon Go subplot edited out because it was just that much funnier. I assume they couldn't get permission to reference it or thought it was dated or just didn't have the runtime to do it justice.