Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

AvesPKS posted:

Does anyone have the danger theme from "Missile X" stuck in their head? I must've background watched that stupid movie at least 20 times by now.

"Rock 'n Roll Nightmare" used to be my go to, but I think I've watched it too much now.

missile x is seriously slept on imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Another Bill posted:

Even if you remove the cat, the story about the two girls and two other dudes that get on a boat sailing into the Caribbean with a money launderer they just met makes zero sense.

They sure are cool with that one dude's attempted sexual assault, too.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
It's wild that the director of Final Justice and Joysticks directed Uninvited.

Go ahead on.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Is Uninvited a good (bad) movie to goof on by itself without the commentary? My bf isn't into Rifftrax but it sounds like a potentially amazing thing to hang out and drink beer to.

If it's one of those films where it's less interesting than its premise leads it to sound, I'll just watch the RT version by myself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nah, it is completely wacky even without riffing. The killer is a cat inside another cat and as previously mentioned the set up for why everyone is on the boat out in the middle of nowhere makes absolutely no sense.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

King Vidiot posted:

It's wild that the director of Final Justice and Joysticks directed Uninvited.

Go ahead on.

And Angels' Revenge and Star Games and Dark Future.

AND, for those who remember recurring MST3K riffs: Lambada, the Forbidden Dance.

AND AND this thing which I have never seen but has an amazing cast: Jack Palance, Martin Landau, Cameron Mitchell, Larry Storch, and of all possible people, David Caruso. Please do this one Rifftrax.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 20, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Nah, it is completely wacky even without riffing. The killer is a cat inside another cat and as previously mentioned the set up for why everyone is on the boat out in the middle of nowhere makes absolutely no sense.

Agreed. It's also super 80's in style which helps. Or hurts.

The... outside cat? Or whatever you want to call it is very blase about the whole deal. It's just an ambulatory hairball to it.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I'm afraid to ask, but ... how do these cats ... uh ... recombine?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

ringu0 posted:

I'm afraid to ask, but ... how do these cats ... uh ... recombine?

It goes back in the mouth of the other cat

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

missile x is seriously slept on imo

It's hilarious and I'm not sure why.

Also, Psychotronic Man is hilarious.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

AvesPKS posted:

also slept on, yeah.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Canned Panda posted:

... I don't know what I expected.

e: I guess this, but in reverse. Actual footage from the actual movie:

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1149023064849563651

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

So I'm running down my long list of Rifftrax and I got to Super Mario Bros. loving lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Canned Panda posted:

Maybe. The special effects sequences aren't consistent at all.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

AvesPKS posted:

The wakka-chikka machine is my single favorite riff. I laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Lumbermouth posted:

The wakka-chikka machine is my single favorite riff. I laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe.

ENOUGH WITH THE WAKKA CHIKKA MACHINE

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

When I die, please put 'It sure as hell ain't breadfruit!' on my tombstone. Thank you.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

ENOUGH WITH THE WAKKA CHIKKA MACHINE

I love the musical stings that start happening for no reason that Bill gets increasingly mad at.

Also I rewatched Uninvited last night and still couldn't figure out why they all got on the boat.

AvesPKS fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 21, 2020

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

AvesPKS posted:

I love the musical stings that start happening for no reason that Bill gets increasingly mad at.

Also I researched Uninvited last night and still couldn't figure out why they all got on the boat.
criminals needed to flee the country.
the captain gets the boat if she takes them
the women want a trip and the criminals are using them for cover ("we're not fleeing officer: there's women on board")
the women invited strange young men to protect them from the criminals while they're at sea (because of the implications)
and the cat because they like cats
i don't remember why the criminals let the strange young men come along

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzcnZrHlS5U

Holy poo poo, they did a Riff on a Puppet Master film. It's the one right after I stopped watching, too. I watched the first six movies many years ago now but 6 was so bad I checked out.

I guess PM is a B-Movie series but it seems like a higher level of B-movie compared to what they usually review which is mostly poo poo I've never heard of. PM is relatively iconic with its theme and Blade and stuff. Watching them was the first time I ever considered getting into B-movies and those who make them. Full Moon did it, right? I never did look into their corpus but somebody who was an obscure horror fan suggested I give 'em a try.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah, it's a Full Moon joint. Of special note is The Room's Greg Sestero as young Toulon who in his book was especially proud of his accent.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I watched Suburban Sasquatch and the police car throw might be my favorite special effect in a RiffTrax movie.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, it's a Full Moon joint. Of special note is The Room's Greg Sestero as young Toulon who in his book was especially proud of his accent.

Eet ees zo terribelll, aye cannot beleeve 'ow terribell eet ees, mon amee. Sacrez blues!

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

For anyone who hasn't read The Disaster Artist, Greg spends a good part of the book talking about making that movie. He brags about how great his accent is multiple times too.

IIRC, he says that the casting director was left speechless at how great his accent is, and is the main reason he got the role. (Which could be true, and reveal more about the casting director than Greg.)

tankadillo fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 25, 2020

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Okay I know what I'm getting in terms of Riff stuff next month. It's actually an original MST3K episode. I have never seen an ep of the show that started it all, I just know them from RiffTrax.

But anyway, I just learned they did Mac & Me. This film has a special place in my heart since I remember always seeing it at a Target me and my grandmother went to. Eventually I got it and I was far too young to realize how awful it was. But looking back, I bet they do a wonderful job tearing it to pieces.

And they also did Anaconda, another gem from my childhood. There's nothing like a riff of a movie that is special to you.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 26, 2020

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Okay I know what I'm getting in terms of Riff stuff next month. It's actually an original MST3K episode. I have never seen an ep of the show that started it all, I just know them from RiffTrax.

But anyway, I just learned they did Mac & Me. This film has a special place in my heart since I remember always seeing it at a Target me and my grandmother went to. Eventually I got it and I was far too young to realize how awful it was. But looking back, I bet they do a wonderful job tearing it to pieces.

Just so you know, the Mac & Me MST3K is from the new seasons that did not involve any of the rifftrax crew. It's one of the best of the new episodes though, in my opinion.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The Magic Sword is a solid MST3K episode that has the whole gang from MST3K (Pre-Netflix) and Rifftrax as either writers or actors.

Everyone but Dr. Ekhart, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzhEnz2MhHI

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
Rented and watched the Rifftrax version of "Attack of the Super Monsters" earlier in the evening and thoroughly enjoyed it, because it combined two things from Japan that were very near and dear to my heart as a kid during the early 1980s: guys in giant monster suits destroying scale model cities, and shoddy assembly-line style cartoons with ridiculous dubbing.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
and let's not overlook the doctor's stupid moustache which never looks the same scene-to-scene.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Rented and watched the Rifftrax version of "Attack of the Super Monsters" earlier in the evening and thoroughly enjoyed it, because it combined two things from Japan that were very near and dear to my heart as a kid during the early 1980s: guys in giant monster suits destroying scale model cities, and shoddy assembly-line style cartoons with ridiculous dubbing.

I'm glad they finally got around to something anime-adjacent. People were asking for that sort of thing all the way back on the Sci-Fi channel chats (and I remember Bill answering "I'd have to watch it, so no").

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I’ve been mainlining protest news all weekend and the Aladdin RiffTrax might be the most racially insensitive thing I’ve seen this weekend.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BDawg posted:

I’ve been mainlining protest news all weekend and the Aladdin RiffTrax might be the most racially insensitive thing I’ve seen this weekend.

Disney and racism, a tale as old as time

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Finally got around to seeing Spiker, which was possibly sponsored by Soup Plantation and for an Olympic volleyball movie did not feature any volleyball at the Olympics. Good fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Weird thing about Spiker is how it just kind of completely switches main characters part way through.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Watched the Bridget and Mary Jo version of Angel’s Revenge this evening.

Gonna be singing “Shine Your Love” all freaking week, I can tell.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Gavok posted:

I watched Suburban Sasquatch and the police car throw might be my favorite special effect in a RiffTrax movie.

Watched this a few days ago after seeing the BotW episode years ago and it's as amazing as they made it look. You could think it's a movie made by some highschoolers but nope it's a very serious adult dude making a statement about nature and having meetings with his professional costume designer. Some of the choices are really mindblowing, like he could've easily cut that shot after seeing how terrible it is but nope everything stays in.

E: typos/clarity

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jun 1, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

mobby_6kl posted:

Watched this a few days ago after seeing the BotW episode a few years ago and it's as amazing as they made it look. You could think it's a movie made by some highschoolers but nope it's a very serious adult dude making a statement and nature and having meetings with his costume designer. Some of the choices are really mindblowing, like he could've easily cut that shot after seeing how terrible it is but nope everything stays in.

KEEP ROLLING!

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Looking at the stuff they've done, they did Yor: the Hunter from the Future? That is a major blast from the past. I remember Spoony doing a "riff" of it forever ago.

Like I said I never watched MST3K but I know Spoony and so many other people here who do LP's weer hugely influenced by them. I found the copycats before the original, in sense. Not that this is a condemnation or insult, just an observation.

In any event, I wanna watch the Yor riff now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yor is a great riff, in part because that film is extremely 1970s fantasy and scifi are the same thing movie where its basically a series of virtually unrelated vignettes

Jet Jaguar posted:

Watched the Bridget and Mary Jo version of Angel’s Revenge this evening.

Gonna be singing “Shine Your Love” all freaking week, I can tell.

The argument over shine your love is why I love their riffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kickstarter update: They've pushed Hobgoblins back to October 19th (the same week as Amityville) and they're doing a similar thing to last year as the show will be recorded and shown in theaters date TBD.