Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

the burger place in that game is much more unpleasant that i remembered

Ooh man this game has not aged well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Khanstant posted:

that burger is like some kind of clown tumor

Calling the secret police atm, no one is allowed to discover how mcdonalds burgers are made

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Surprised no one is nostalgic for that art style

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

oddium posted:

a big "problem" with city sims is the development and construction of things is essentially instant

Have they ever made a city sim where sometimes if you try to put in a highway it won't let you because of public opposition to it?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mayors aren’t the people who decide where new roundabouts should go

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

the burger place in that game is much more unpleasant that i remembered

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I want a city sim where if you you have a stadium that isn't generating revenue you can't tear it down because you can't find a buyer for the property who will cover the cost of tearing it down, so you just have a big empty pointless stadium in your simulated city for decades

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

congratulations mayor, your cities bid for the next olympics has been accepted

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gripweed posted:

won't let you because of public opposition to it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rseaKBPkRPU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There have been successful highway revolts!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah it's in the video

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

only a matter of time when cities or simcity is brought up that the donoteat links get dropped... and im here for it!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theres not a single vtuber in that video

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
that was a cool video

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

justin is a vtuber he's the (subway ??) token

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The Killdozer vid is his best one but it's technically behind his patreon and I don't want to link the unlisted video

also he's a goon

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

homeless snail posted:

theres not a single vtuber in that video

They should make that a patreon goal. If they get enough backers Justin will be visually represented by an anime girl avatar

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
me: i should tell donoteat about how goons think he should be a vtuber, on twitter

also me: lol oops

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

banned from the bird site

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

oddium posted:

banned from the bird site

a goal everyone should strive for

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
On PS4 right now, you can get Need For Speed Rivals and Need For Speed (2016) for $8 (includes all deluxe edition content). That's SUPER worth it if you want a flashy fun drift racer.

Rivals is a legit good game with a really interesting cop/racer system, and 2016 has amazingly cheesy and awesome live action cut scenes where you hang out with you dope racing friends

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

me: i should tell donoteat about how goons think he should be a vtuber, on twitter

also me: lol oops

He does the Well There's Your Problem account.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gripweed posted:

He does the Well There's Your Problem account.

im looking at this account but uhhh? its just my face??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

my favorite part of the podcast with slides is the Activate Windows watermark in the corner. because it reminds me of my computer wit hthe Activate Windows watermark in the corner

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have played 2 games of crucible, one win one loss, and here is my report

1) it feels like they took the map from Evolve and just made it more colorful (in the hive hearts mode, dunno if the other modes use different maps)
2) dragon man is fun because he has Big Axe
3) i'm still bad at video games
4) dragon man i think is actually a shark man but his name is Drakahl so i'm getting mixed messages here
5) i unlocked a voice line for Drakahl which is just him shouting "Drakahl!!!"
6) the cute plant robot uses the TTS Justin voice which is mildly disconcerting after hearing him say so many unspeakable things on twitch for so long
7) i managed to kill some people. game might be pretty okay

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i should play through torna the golden country before xenoblade definitive edition comes out. but also i could play fighting game instead. this is my eternal struggle

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Torna is good and short

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tired: unpirated version of home with watermark
wired: windows 10 enterprise ltsc, key management service activated until 2038

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The thing I remember most about Bad SimCity is that the beta was timed to be just long enough to fill out the starting city grid, but not long enough that you realized that was literally the entire game and you had won. Unless you played it a second time and realized what was up, like literally everyone who plays a city builder would.

It's lost to time but Giant Bomb and Gamespot had a double-team on it live and it was pretty savage.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is bad simcity the one that had to be online only, until it didn’t?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rinkles posted:

Is bad simcity the one that had to be online only, until it didn’t?

Yes, except somehow not being online broke the game in exciting new ways nobody who worked on it understood

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fun Stellaris story: as the default United Nations of Earth, I encountered the fascist human offshoot, the Commonwealth of Man, and conquered them. And now, through the careful management of edicts (and some amount of actively suppressing the human supremacist faction), I’ve managed to extinguish the “xenophobe” ethic from my empire

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

simcity 2013 got in on the cloud grift early

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Jay Rust posted:

Fun Stellaris story: as the default United Nations of Earth, I encountered the fascist human offshoot, the Commonwealth of Man, and conquered them. And now, through the careful management of edicts (and some amount of actively suppressing the human supremacist faction), I’ve managed to extinguish the “xenophobe” ethic from my empire

sounds like you're the real phobe here, couldn't even stomach people with different beliefs.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Relatedly, the new XCOM game made people very upset because instead of genociding all aliens, humanity and XCOM are getting along with them settling in after overthrowing the psychic aliens' fascist society (all three games made it very clear that all the other aliens are victims of far, far worse than what the Ethereals, the fascist aliens, have managed to do to humanity so far).

The bad guy's explanation for his actions at the end are "If the psychic fascist aliens come back and we're too weak we'll lose again, so I wanted to purge weakness from us". He bombs the mayor, funds the neo-nazis, the human supremacists, and some schmucks who just want to leave but tried to violently, and then tried to overthrow the government in favor of his mercs. Most characters snark at them because it's not really a very heavy game but if you have Patchwork, the character whose backstory is "was used as a propaganda tool by the fascist government because they gave her robot limbs after blowing most of her real ones off as a child in the initial invasion until she went 'hell no' and joined XCOM as an engineer then as one of your squad units when you started doing bad at XCOM 2" she just says something along the lines of "XCOM just got done killing the likes of you and I'm not letting that come back and ruin things again".

The villain is all the people whining that XCOM: Chimera Squad and by extension XCOM 3 didn't do the bad thing. Chimera Squad is a pretty good game.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 21, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

found one of the simcity 2013 threads, powerful time capsule + oracle of the next 7 years of video games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjf_lWxqyI

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

homeless snail posted:

found one of the simcity 2013 threads, powerful time capsule + oracle of the next 7 years of video games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjf_lWxqyI

its a controversial opinion but if everyone who liked star wars had to live on the moon can we really say the earth would be worse off?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also everyone that likes new star trek

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

people who like discovery and picard have to live on mercury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I would gladly live on the moon if it meant no more anime