Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I grew up poor and never had got to have a good RC car either. I was lucky to have a Tyco Turbo Hopper.

For some reason, despite growing up solidly middle class, my parents never wanted to get me or my brother an RC car. Don't know why.

I would have killed just to have The Animal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W4MYJt8c4w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

beanieson posted:

It’s cool and good, but god drat is there a lot of traffic on my bike path.

I've noticed the same thing since mid March. I'm glad people are exercising and getting out, but I've moved my bike rides to quiet residential streets close to the bike paths and parks. I can go faster, don't inconvenience anyone, and I don't have to get so close to people.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

I've noticed the same thing since mid March. I'm glad people are exercising and getting out, but I've moved my bike rides to quiet residential streets close to the bike paths and parks. I can go faster, don't inconvenience anyone, and I don't have to get so close to people.

I've moved my non-existent bike rides into my home since I'm lucky enough to have a road bike w/a trainer on loan from my dad. The trainer actually wears down the rubber on the rear tire and it shoots bits which I have to clean up.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

:same: There's so many packs of families with small children on bikes on the bike paths and kids really like to suddenly swerve or stop a lot :rip:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Casu Marzu posted:

:same: There's so many packs of families with small children on bikes on the bike paths and kids really like to suddenly swerve or stop a lot :rip:

Lol ya little kids are the worst at this, but it's cute and not their fault. They're just there to play and don't need a sweaty goon on a bike to run them over.
So, I ride somewhere else.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I have to mention my light box in this thread. I make composite images with computer graphic + photo elements, and this just makes taking a photo of an object from which the background can be easily removed a breeze.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The off-road park near me is set to open again this weekend and my son has been riding his dirt bike on our backyard track non-stop which inspired me to finally get a real dirt bike of my own. I’ve been riding dual sports for years but never had an actual woods bike. The bike is a 2006 KTM 450SX that my son found on FB marketplace for like $3k cheaper than any other KTM in the same size range. It was up on the marketplace for a huge six minutes before he messaged the seller, and we drove the 75 miles immediately to grab it before anyone else. Just needed the rear brake bled as far as mechanical work. It’s not perfect but it is a BEAST - way too big for the yard, much more useful on actual trails.

Comparison with my son’s RT100

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

DrBouvenstein posted:

For some reason, despite growing up solidly middle class, my parents never wanted to get me or my brother an RC car. Don't know why.

I would have killed just to have The Animal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W4MYJt8c4w

It was this one for me...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6V-tuOf3dE

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

I bought this who knows how long ago, and entirely forgot about it until it arrived yesterday:

I got a whole chicken at the store, and gonna coat that baby with sumac, paprika, and cumin and shove it in my smoker for a few hours tomorrow.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Hell yeah, I've been putting sumac in my shakshuka and it's great.

It's also extremely excellent on avocado.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I have to mention my light box in this thread. I make composite images with computer graphic + photo elements, and this just makes taking a photo of an object from which the background can be easily removed a breeze.

If you find the LED strip peeling away from the box (the weight of the USB cable did that to mine), note that hot melt glue works pretty well.

I tried a couple of different glues before discovering that.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

DrBouvenstein posted:

I bought this who knows how long ago, and entirely forgot about it until it arrived yesterday:

I got a whole chicken at the store, and gonna coat that baby with sumac, paprika, and cumin and shove it in my smoker for a few hours tomorrow.

Man, I had baked goatcheese with Sumac and pita for the first time the other week.... It was so loving drat good.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got these games. Not sure which ones better. But i’m starting with FF7. Perfect rainy day to play it.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

ChocNitty posted:

Got these games. Not sure which ones better. But i’m starting with FF7. Perfect rainy day to play it.

That’s the right order if only that FF7 is 30 hours and newer and persona will take you 100 hours.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I don't know what they changed for the persona 5 Royal version but the base game was really really good.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

That’s the right order if only that FF7 is 30 hours and newer and persona will take you 100 hours.

My husband just finished with FFVIIR and it took him 109 hours. But that's the game on normal, on hard, and getting all the trophies and beating the extra bosses.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Solid Cake posted:

My husband just finished with FFVIIR and it took him 109 hours. But that's the game on normal, on hard, and getting all the trophies and beating the extra bosses.

For a single playthrough on ff7 remake it's 30 hours, for persona it's at least 80. If you want to 100% both expect to spend more time on it.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
My SO bought this from a local builder, he was over last night and built it. Finally, a place to store more tools.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

His Divine Shadow posted:

My SO bought this from a local builder, he was over last night and built it. Finally, a place to store more tools.

What the the hoops on the left?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Since we have been forced into lockdown for almost 2 months now, I've been slowly cleaning the fetid pond that was in the back of the garden of the house we purchased 2 years ago. It would be a great source of wonder for our 2 years old daughter.

Today I purchased a new pump to make the waterfall run again, and I kidnapped a few frogs from the shop's pools outside.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Moo the cow posted:

What the the hoops on the left?

They're a bit loose right now (each end is supposed to be stuck down into the ground) but their purpose is to spread out the bird protection net over the strawberry patch

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

His Divine Shadow posted:

They're a bit loose right now (each end is supposed to be stuck down into the ground) but their purpose is to spread out the bird protection net over the strawberry patch

I guess that makes more sense than an isolation tunnel.

It's a nice little house: shame about the pandemic else you could have put it on AirBnB as a small house.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I kidnapped a few frogs from the shop's pools outside.

"Hippity hoppity you're now my property."

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

A couple of sheets of those John Oliver stamps and this shirt and some socks from a brewery in a windmill in Amsterdam.

Aramek posted:

"Hippity hoppity you're now my property."

lol

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

Various Walmarts in the US are accidentally putting the Arcade 1up Street Fighter cabs on clearance for $70 bucks and I got one, and then like another $200 on parts as I'm gutting and drilling this thing to death. You can do it with basically any of these machines but the SF cab already has plenty of buttons so I won't need to drill too much. Always said when I bought a house I'd get my own Simpsons machine and it turns out it's super easy to shove Rasp Pi in these things. Gonna be a fun little weekend project.

Bunch more other parts and wires.

Using this tutorial: https://youtu.be/09DQCOr6zQM

Hey four months later I finally bought the graphics to turn this into a Simpsons cab. Also some cheap string lights and a cut piece of plexi to make it a light up marquee.

Behind the scenes. Putting on that vinyl loving sucks, even wet. Also I completely didn't even think I'd have to rewire all the buttons I drilled and added. Good times.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
You're living the dream of having a mame cabinet. I'm super jealous!

I tried for the dream once and gave up half way through. :(

mystes
May 31, 2006

A smart plug thing because it was like $8 and could be flashed with trasmota so it won't talk to the internet.

I'll probably use it to warm up my espresso machine most of the time but I might also occasionally use it as a timer to start my $10 rice cooker which doesn't have a timer, or use it to turn off a fan in my window after a couple hours so I don't get cold after I fall asleep. I guess if it's sufficiently useful I might pick up another one or two.

mystes has a new favorite as of 01:41 on May 22, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I felt bad that I wasn't contributing to global warming enough:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Tim Whatley posted:

Hey four months later I finally bought the graphics to turn this into a Simpsons cab. Also some cheap string lights and a cut piece of plexi to make it a light up marquee.

Behind the scenes. Putting on that vinyl loving sucks, even wet. Also I completely didn't even think I'd have to rewire all the buttons I drilled and added. Good times.

This rules. As a kid I was exposed to Simpson’s games before actually seeing the show so I had a very surreal primacy for it and its characters.

I’d love to try the arcade again as an adult.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Solice Kirsk posted:

I once owned that car. Probably the best thing I have owned. I just couldn’t fit newborn car seats in it while 2 adults were in the car. So loving fun/sexy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

I once owned that car. Probably the best thing I have owned. I just couldn’t fit newborn car seats in it while 2 adults were in the car. So loving fun/sexy.

Yeah, I really loving like it. I actually spent more time researching and test driving cars than I did when I was condo shopping. I never thought for a moment that I would wind up buying an Infiniti since I kind of had my heart set on a BMW or Lexus, but I just absolutely fell in love with it. Final decision was actually between it and an IS 350, but the Q50 just felt quicker. Now I have to learn how to operate all the damned "smart" options because I haven't owned a car in like 8 years and up until about a week ago I hadn't driven myself at all in about 5.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Since we have been forced into lockdown for almost 2 months now, I've been slowly cleaning the fetid pond that was in the back of the garden of the house we purchased 2 years ago. It would be a great source of wonder for our 2 years old daughter.

Today I purchased a new pump to make the waterfall run again, and I kidnapped a few frogs from the shop's pools outside.

This is the best post :3:

Are you introducing any fish to help filter algae or anything? Also, please post pics when you get the waterfall up and running!

For content, bought some vinyls of Jimmy Eat World, Chumbawumba (Anarchy), and Jason Isbell

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

When the price of Nissan/Infiniti goes negative you get a few more

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

OSU_Matthew posted:

This is the best post :3:

Are you introducing any fish to help filter algae or anything? Also, please post pics when you get the waterfall up and running!

For content, bought some vinyls of Jimmy Eat World, Chumbawumba (Anarchy), and Jason Isbell

The waterfall is already running in the pic :negative:

I swear it looks better in motion. I'll get a long exposure shot or a video, and some pictures of the critters because there's already dozens of newts.

Will fish help with algae? I thought it was mainly a source of pollution. I don't plan to have a filter installed

The shop also told me to come back in a week to get more frog eggs

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 19:26 on May 22, 2020

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Let's see. Switch, 5 games, microsd card, Oculus Rift Quest... :homebrew:

colas
Feb 14, 2007

fyallm posted:

Oculus Rift Quest

Any good? Also, where did you find a Switch?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

colas posted:

Also, where did you find a Switch?

Emptyquote

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

gently caress it: it's not like we're going to be flying anytime soon, anyway.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

colas posted:

Any good? Also, where did you find a Switch?

Still waiting for it to come, I think it ships to me in like loving July.

And I got a switch from some fellow nice goon who had the opportunity to buy an extra 2 and sold them for like $20 above msrp, nice guy.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The waterfall is already running in the pic :negative:

I swear it looks better in motion. I'll get a long exposure shot or a video, and some pictures of the critters because there's already dozens of newts.

Will fish help with algae? I thought it was mainly a source of pollution. I don't plan to have a filter installed

The shop also told me to come back in a week to get more frog eggs

Oh, hahaha, it is, I see it now! For some reason my lizard brain was interpreting the timber on the left as a dry waterfall

I think certain species like koi or catfish will clean algae, but I have no idea what a healthy pond biome would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Got the wife some thigh high roller derby socks for her afternoon roller skate sessions!

Uhh maybe NWS warning in that link there seems to be a butt in the related items bar above it:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/620546126/white-rainbow-stripe-thigh-high-pride?ref=yr_purchases