Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Is it bad that all of my monkey paws are flipping me off?

No that’s good, for the love of god don’t ask them to stop flipping you off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fingerblast that little turd

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Literally my favorite post

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I wished for infinite monkey paws and got them but they are still attached to the monkeys please help

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Snowy posted:

I wished for infinite monkey paws and got them but they are still attached to the monkeys please help

Lookit dis guy, complaining about his newfound ability to write a Shakespeare play

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I wish I had a monkeys hands

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CAROL posted:

I wish I had a monkeys hands

Take off your shoes.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Snowy posted:

Give them typewriters and you will get Shakespeare

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

dwarf74 posted:

All the Shakespeare classics https://web.archive.org/web/20120207015218/https://vivaria.net/experiments/notes/publication/NOTES_EN.pdf

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Someone made the joke around 2016 that someone wished on a monkey's paw for infinite monkey's paws.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
just a cursed monkey rendition of Avalokiteśvara presiding over post-2016 reality

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

dwarf74 posted:

personally i prefer the infinite rednecks/pickup trucks/shotguns/road signs/library of congress in braille

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

dee eight posted:

personally i prefer the infinite rednecks/pickup trucks/shotguns/road signs/library of congress in braille

gut laughing out loud

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

This year has been like the kid playing SimCity got bored and decided to start turning on all the disasters in sequence.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kazinsal posted:

This year has been like the kid playing SimCity got bored and decided to start turning on all the disasters in sequence.

What's left, Godzilla?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Captain Hygiene posted:

What's left, Godzilla?

Yeah but it'll be the Shin Godzilla one that pukes magma-hot radioactive blood

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Captain Hygiene posted:

What's left, Godzilla?

War

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Heath posted:

Yeah but it'll be the Shin Godzilla one that pukes magma-hot radioactive blood
His Godzilla form is such OP crazy with fin-mounted anti-air lasers and atomic breath that works like a plasma-welder and becomes a pure jetstream of concentrated gently caress you.

The twist is Godzilla skipped the Bipedal Human form and went straight to microscopic virus form.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

His Godzilla form is such OP crazy with fin-mounted anti-air lasers and atomic breath that works like a plasma-welder and becomes a pure jetstream of concentrated gently caress you.

Not to get all Cine-D in the thread but I heard someone on a podcast state that while the original Godzilla movies were Japan dealing with the trauma of the nuclear bombings, Shin Godzilla was Japan dealing with the trauma of the 2011 earthquake/tsunami/nuclear disaster. So having the enemy seem like an unstoppable force of nature makes a lot of sense.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What is the Covid-19 Godzilla gonna be like

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I welcome kaiju attacks but only if they’re sexy kaiju like in that upcoming movie Rumble

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

dwarf74 posted:

I made the joke like three posts before yours dude :mad:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edit:

Apparently there's another Robert Greene that's a racist writer so this joke didn't really work.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 21, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

forget the works of shakespeare, these two monkeys turned out the same joke at almost the same time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Moon Slayer posted:

So having the enemy seem like an unstoppable force of nature makes a lot of sense.
It also changes form in a similar way that the Tsunamu/DaiIchi disaster evolved from natural disaster to urban disaster, with the implication that they had bought time but the spectre would loom large.

And that's before getting into the bureaucratic fuckos

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Hedrigall posted:

I welcome kaiju attacks but only if they’re sexy kaiju like in that upcoming movie Rumble

I only consume media if it meets the standard quotient of sexiness.

Typically kaiju films do not.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

just like a real disaster a godzilla movie isn't complete without bureaucratic fuckos making everything worse for the average person.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

What is the Covid-19 Godzilla gonna be like

Magic the gathering found out in April:
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/statement-spacegodzilla-2020-04-02

They changed it for the second printing.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Just Offscreen posted:

I only consume media if it meets the standard quotient of sexiness.

Typically kaiju films do not.

Godzilla was pretty thicc in the 2014 one

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Super Soaker Party! posted:

I made the joke like three posts before yours dude :mad:
Sorry, the monkeys on typewriters who make all my posts were having an off day

edit

Ghostlight posted:

forget the works of shakespeare, these two monkeys turned out the same joke at almost the same time.
Okay two off days

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 21, 2020

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

As someone who used to play MtG I've got to ask, is this creature's name "Spacegodzilla, Death Corona" or "Void Beckoner"? Or both? Why does it have two names? And do cards not have borders now or is that some special ultra-rare version or something?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

It's a special version of the Void Beckoner card

Edit:This was all covered in the article the quoted person posted so I guess go read that?

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 21, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ghostlight posted:

just like a real disaster a godzilla movie isn't complete without bureaucratic fuckos making everything worse for the average person.

Shin Godzilla was extremely unsubtle about that.

Hub Cat posted:

It's a special version of the Void Beckoner card

Edit:This was all covered in the article the quoted person posted so I guess go read that?

That seems to make a lot of sense- they know that they're not going to have the Godzilla license forever and might have issues with it for events and such, so they're not making it something unique and indispensable.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

is there a rundown of that time some goons all pitched in to buy a private island and realised they were flabby losers who couldn't do anything and were living in hell?

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

Calico Heart posted:

is there a rundown of that time some goons all pitched in to buy a private island and realised they were flabby losers who couldn't do anything and were living in hell?

before we had fyre fest, we had goons :patriot:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tiggum posted:

As someone who used to play MtG I've got to ask, is this creature's name "Spacegodzilla, Death Corona" or "Void Beckoner"? Or both? Why does it have two names? And do cards not have borders now or is that some special ultra-rare version or something?

Cards with borders are under maritime law, and YOU CAN'T MARITIME LAW SPACEGODZILLA

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
He has fringes on his back!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Cards with borders are under maritime law, and YOU CAN'T MARITIME LAW SPACEGODZILLA

no, but he is subject to the comprehensive rules, sections 2, 302, 4, 5, 6, and 7. :smuggo:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The new Magic set is literally "our heroes find themselves on Kaiju Planet" so they did a few special promos of regular cards with Kaiju art and names. I think there's promos for Rodan, Ghidorah and Mothra, possibly a couple others I missed too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Calico Heart posted:

There was the one one the big island of Hawai'i with the unsanitary hog slaughter and stump removed chained to the stump, and the other one in West Texas, which would've coincidentally been located not far from the route of Muerte's death march.