Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Well to answer your first question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCoBTitxFD8&t=90s

As for the second

Those things still existed and also they're not invisible which wouldn't keep them from being seen

Those are the basic problems with it that I'm aware of, I'm sure there're tons more reasons that people more familiar with the books and all the details missing from the movies can point out.

That’s the main thing but also the Eagles were not immune to the power of the Ring. Even with no all-seeing-eye or flying felbeats, Gandalf would’ve told them “Fly over the Crack of Doom” and the eagle would’ve said “could do that... alternatively I could shake you all off my back and steal the Ring from your corpses!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

OwlFancier posted:

Did the do the walls with like, roll on roofing and paint it beige?

Surely you would not take the picture at the perfect angle and time of day to show the wall joists through whatever you faced it with? It's like your house is starving.

Why is the garage so tall?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Ho-lee gently caress this is great.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I have regrets.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

Monster truck.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
More LOTR memes holy poo poo so good.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

MizPiz posted:

New Groverhaus evolution

can you imagine owning that house

even if you won it for free in a contest

and going

WOW IT GOT THE WINDOWES, AND SO BIG

UNSURPASSED

THE UNNAMED NEIGHBOR CAN ONLY SALIVATE

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Blind Rasputin posted:

Could someone explain the pillows one? I’ve seen the movies, but don’t really get what’s funny about that at all.

And tbh I’ve always sort of wondered why they didn’t just fly the eagles there. Like, I know it’s a meme and would mean no story at all but still.. it’s a valid point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/TripleKyun/status/1254943188948680704
https://twitter.com/_spoogi_/status/1256268701449498625
https://twitter.com/DialNouns/status/1246075983246938113
https://twitter.com/algoestowork/status/1261644598906060802
https://twitter.com/DitzyFlama/status/1257365981778845701

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

itskage posted:

I have regrets.

:same:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
More Lord of the Rings memes plz, they sustain me.
Can someone find that one with the caption like "when you find your son making LotR memes" or something, and the image is Denethor going "my LINE is ENDED"

WITCHCRAFT posted:

can you imagine owning that house

even if you won it for free in a contest

and going

WOW IT GOT THE WINDOWES, AND SO BIG

UNSURPASSED

THE UNNAMED NEIGHBOR CAN ONLY SALIVATE

You're just jealous you can't fit a giraffe in your garage.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

LotR memes are always so loving good.

Man I'm lucky no one's making poo poo about the Simarillion and that they got made into movies to begin with. I'm sure I tried at least a dozen times from Middle to High School to read them but there's like 40 pages of just the scenery and I just couldn't do it.

The start of the silmarillion is just creationist gibberish. All the good stories in the book have been published in a better form elsewhere by now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's some fun ideas, like the world originally being flat (or maybe bowl-shaped) and then turned into a sphere.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

MizPiz posted:

New Groverhaus evolution

"So, how did you get into architectural design?"

"I played The Sims a lot. With the money cheat."

"HIRED."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

redgubbinz posted:

"So, how did you get into architectural design?"

"I played The Sims a lot. With the money cheat."

"HIRED."

Better qualifications than the usual 'My parents are loaded and it's the job all the cool people have on TV'.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

The Glumslinger posted:

Maybe it's for an RV?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
So the people on the second floor can have cars as well.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Also Gandalf explains that the eagles aren’t necessarily interested in men’s affairs and had little interest in being an active participant in the war. Much like the ents and the hobbits, as a whole.

Which is why they (and the ents and the hobbits) all participate at the end because that’s how story arcs work.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

(They are literally angels and the gods took an oath against directly intervening in the affairs middle earth.)

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
They're also working for Manwë, who's useless.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol anyway if you're reading Tolkien for the mythology or the epic plots, and not for the poetry and the sculpted prose

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I read Tolkien for the incredibly long descriptions of trees

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i read tolkein for the elf fuckin

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
strewth

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I read Tolkien for advice on looking Proud and Stern

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I read Tolkien for advice on looking Proud and Stern

Yeah that's great bro, but is there wisdom upon your brow? How much strength is in your hand?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Tom Bombadil

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

I'm not necessarily in love with Ronaldhino Soccer 64, but I am really enjoying when I see it when I least expect it. This one is good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This meme brings back :corsair: memories, love it!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

The Glumslinger posted:

Probably because there’s a walkway from the house to the turret on top of it.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Did the do the walls with like, roll on roofing and paint it beige?

Surely you would not take the picture at the perfect angle and time of day to show the wall joists through whatever you faced it with? It's like your house is starving.

Its a lovely stucco job op. The lines are control joints that are supposed to keep it from cracking and should be present at minimum every 144 square ft. So if you have a large flat area next to windows (typical), you place the control joints to prevent cracking of the large area, and continue them as architectural elements in the smaller areas divided by windows.

Two problems here: first, his hosed up window design means hosed up control joint layout because poo poo doesn’t line up properly or with any sort of cohesive design. Second, the work is janky as gently caress—the control joints are probably done lovely but it’s hard to tell from the artifacting of the image...but look at the turret. That left side of the front wall near the corner is so dimpled it looks like back of an obese persons leg. His house has cottage cheese thighs for walls.

And to be honest that is probably the best time of day and angle he could get. Go there earlier in the morning and from a more offset angle and the shadows cast by that light are gonna show every single wobble in those walls.

And this, what, why...EIFS bands and window surrounds (the raised rectangles) on this side but wood casement windows and no EIFS bands on the other. And the vertical placement of the horizontal EIFS bands...they bisect (or not) the windows at different heights and none of them line up...like what the gently caress why, why wouldn’t you do them the same.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

e: also the placement of the exhaust vent makes no loving sense unless his ceiling is lower than the windows and underground your electrical secondary you cheap gently caress goddamn sorry for the long post in the meme thread

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/AnimeCIothes/status/1263058264734019584

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy poo poo this didn’t get enough love :chanpop:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Well to answer your first question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCoBTitxFD8&t=90s

As for the second

Those things still existed and also they're not invisible which wouldn't keep them from being seen

Those are the basic problems with it that I'm aware of, I'm sure there're tons more reasons that people more familiar with the books and all the details missing from the movies can point out.

If the Ringwraiths always feel the presence of the ring, why didn’t they realize they were 10 feet away from it?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Auralnauts with another banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oK9mnTbyI

El Burbo has a new favorite as of 19:28 on May 21, 2020

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

El Burbo posted:

Auralnauts with another banger

https://youtu.be/P-oK9mnTbyI

Dixie playing in the background is a nice touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Someone please post that newer oof pic thanks.