Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

there's like five belts in that picture! who is the one who actually has it right now, buncha posers

the two on the outside are the tag team champions, bottom middle is the world champion, and above him is the women's champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lmbo at these goobers with no belts. Double of no belts is still no belts. Best of luck to those gambling for double belts. From a utilitarian perspective I am hoping the tag teamers win since that maximizes how many new belts need to be given.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

some of them are fighting for a poker chip, which they can trade for a fight for a belt

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
are the fights going to have a game-of-chance theme to them? how much is one view, i suppose i can cancel cbs all access until they do a new trek or survivor. 6 bucks of free cash to spend on views.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

it's available on ppv, $50, look forward to your posts in the gdt on how kazarian should have won the ladder match

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Khanstant posted:

i suppose i can cancel cbs all access until they do a new trek or survivor. 6 bucks of free cash to spend on views.

Lone Goat posted:

it's available on ppv, $50,
drat fighting PPVs are overpriced for the market.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

drat fighting PPVs are overpriced for the market.

they're $20 outside the US, it's just the US PPV distributors being cunts

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Honestly the weirdest thing about Cook Islands is that all of the tribe names are in quotes.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I went to a local wrestling event of some kind a few months ago and had a really good time, despite it being in a middle school gym with all the lights on and maybe 20-30 people there. 50 bucks is out of my entertainment budget though. I assume they keep these things deliberately scarce and you can't just catch it on netflix or whatever later?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Some wrestling promotions have a streaming service (or are part of one) where old events go up eventually and in some cases subscribing gets you them live.

AEW is the promotion in question, is still very young only starting in earnestness in October, and I think still basically charges you full price for replays. But I'm not 100% sure since there's a lot of different services and pricing.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Khanstant posted:

I went to a local wrestling event of some kind a few months ago and had a really good time, despite it being in a middle school gym with all the lights on and maybe 20-30 people there. 50 bucks is out of my entertainment budget though. I assume they keep these things deliberately scarce and you can't just catch it on netflix or whatever later?

Just skip the next 2-10 entertainments and watch some good rear end wrestling

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I didn’t really watch wrestling until the mid-2010s so the concept of paying for anything but a reasonably priced monthly subscription is absolutely bonkers to me (especially at 5x the monthly price for one event), but I guess it works?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t think it works as much as it used to.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

oopsie rock posted:

Does anyone know anything about a game called Sequester? Apparently a bunch of former Survivor players will be playing it this weekend: https://insidesurvivor.com/former-survivor-players-to-compete-on-sequester-44021

No clue if this is worth tuning in for or not. I hadn't even heard of it until this story popped up on my news feed.

Sequester is fun. She used to run them exclusively online, but when she had some steam they ran a couple of seasons in-person for about $2.5k, iirc? <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4HmK6uggKEKG8f0x3NksRQ> Channel for em

...I actually was in the very first auditions for the thing, lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t think it works as much as it used to.
Yeah, I think the systems kind of in chaos and flux. For a long time "Pay-Per-Views" were the golden ring for wrestling promotions and the way to really up a level in money and exposure. But streaming has changed that up and now anyone can put on a show for $20 or part of a streaming package. 7 years back WWE (who has had a relative monopoly for 20 years) put all its PPVs on its streaming service as part of the monthly $10 fee but their numbers have been dropping and there's long rumors that they want to stick the genie back in the bottle. AEW is the new kid and first company truly challenging WWE in decades. Most people are justifying the big costs as an investment in the future and AEW only runs 4 or so expensive PPV shows a year. But who knows how long that can last?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Cook Islands: Ozzy is a monster at challenges, too bad he didn't make a single play during the game. They all just let Yul control the game. Good season with lots of memorable players. It makes me want to watch Micronesia or HvV again.

edit: OMG this fire making challenge is hilarious. "Alright stop. We're going to matches."

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 22, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Remember Ozzy at the end of Game Changers?

"Now who is going to fish for you?"

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

clown shoes posted:

Cook Islands: Ozzy is a monster at challenges, too bad he didn't make a single play during the game. They all just let Yul control the game. Good season with lots of memorable players. It makes me want to watch Micronesia or HvV again.

I still can't believe just what an incredible physical force Ozzy was. The way he dove into the water was art.

As yesterday was the first no-Survivor-wednesday (of possibly, many :smith: ) I was thinking a lot about the S40 post-merge, specifically the final 7 on. I'm gonna have to go back and watch the episode before the finale because I do not have a clue how Tony got through those two tribals

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ozzy has played 4 times and Joe has played 3 times but they've never competed against each other. It's a shame.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
They’re the same character slot.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Same as Malcolm, though he makes some moves.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Malcolm could win Survivor. He’s nothing like Joe or Ozzy.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Malcolm is one of the greats. That is why he will never win.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I definitely rank Malcolm above Ozzy and Joe, he is a more strategic player beyond "be a challenge beast" but he has a really high mountain to climb to win the game since people will never want him anywhere near the end.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Against the advice of this thread I'm watching IOTI, I really just wanted to watch an HD season (the old ones look so bad on my 4k tv) and I'm curious to see how this shitshow unfolds. So far I'm loving Rob, who I don't normally like, and Sandra; it's worth it alone for Sandra's commentary. But I can also see that from day one Dan was inappropriate and creepy as gently caress. Also there's a guy on the other tribe who looks a lot like him so I keep getting them confused.

These busts of Sandra and Rob are the most ridiculous thing. Reminds me of the statue on LOST. Which one only has four toes?

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
pretty sure nearly any season in the past like, 10 years is HD. you could at least choose something good like cagayan.

IOTI is literally the worst season of the show, in my opinion. even below nicaragua, one world, and redemption island.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Adus posted:

pretty sure nearly any season in the past like, 10 years is HD. you could at least choose something good like cagayan.

I've watched Cagayan and most of the good HD seasons I think.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You are free to watch it, but know that people weren't exaggerating in this thread. The merge episode is one of the most uncomfortable and gross moments that have been on this show, and makes the rest of the season nearly unwatchable.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I like to think that if IOI had aired before WaW, (spoiler for last merge boot of IOI) Sandra would have seen that giving someone your expiring idol doesn't buy you a single ounce of loyalty, and not done the dumb Denise thing.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Was IOTI filmed before WAW?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

filmed and aired are two different things

Max
Nov 30, 2002

IoI wrapped and Sandra had 10 days at home before heading back out for WaW, so she was at least aware of things happening based on whatever she was told.

Sandra did a Cameo for someone and explained that she was really good friends with Denise outside the game, and trusted her, essentially, too much. I think you can tell that both Rob lying to her on IoI about his involvement with the next season and Denise stabbing her in the back got to her.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

filmed and aired are two different things

I guess I'm just confused because I thought they were filmed in order and aired in order. That's what Wikipedia says at least. Plus how could Sandra be mad at Rob in WAW for not telling him during IOTO that he was going to be on WAW?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They had Rob and Sandra hide in a shack that whole season and they never revealed they were there or made it matter at all to the game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

clown shoes posted:

I guess I'm just confused because I thought they were filmed in order and aired in order. That's what Wikipedia says at least. Plus how could Sandra be mad at Rob in WAW for not telling him during IOTO that he was going to be on WAW?

Rob told her he wasn't going to be on it. I can imagine if she shared any thoughts on her strategy while hanging with him she would feel betrayed by that.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Their whole lives revolve around survivor. Even if he said he wouldn’t, he agreed to be on a season to do nothing but build a shack and soften him up to coming back the next season. At that point you should assume he was going to be on a winners season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Max posted:

IoI wrapped and Sandra had 10 days at home before heading back out for WaW, so she was at least aware of things happening based on whatever she was told.
I read this like 10 times trying to figure out what you were laughing at.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

I read this like 10 times trying to figure out what you were laughing at.

it's the worst abbreviation yeah

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

APPLEBEES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Applebees down the block from me that I last visited during that week of last season closed down and now what will I do with the gift cards I found in a drawer?