Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm convinced nep is scum, scientastic is sk, and theres nothing i can do to support my wincon, so... ##vote kill nobody i guess see you after the flip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Classic scum play of trying to get an sk to kill me for two days

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Execute No One! (2): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, Nep-Nep, Mr. Steak
Mr. Steak (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (2): IllegallySober, Scientastic

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 22nd, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

Days are now 48+ hours instead of 72+ hours from now until the end of the game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
think about how this looks to me. i know that TF made her claim to implicate a town player, not the sk. based on the exact logic you've been talking about, which i basically went through on my own during the night, that meant there **had** to be 2 scum left, otherwise TF's actions made no sense.

the only thing that convinced me otherwise was your analysis regarding math and wincons and night actions and poo poo. but that completely falls apart if i start suspecting you're scum again, because you were in control of scum's night actions and could have easily decided that your best bet was to pretend you dont exist

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If you think Nep is scum, we’re already hosed and executing him would mean an SK win.

Please let’s not be dumb about this.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

##Vote No Dunk

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not changing my vote from no-lunch dont worry

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
What of it? Even if I was scum, which I'm not, voting me out today would guarantee town's loss.

Even if I'm alive tomorrow, nothing changes. There wouldn't be any way to 100% prove I'm town, so even then voting for me would be pointless because I'm not the sk, and if the remaining town votes for me that hands the game to the sk, a move that plays against the town wincon because they have no way to know.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, lets think this over. if TF was the last scum, that would mean one of the following is true:

-the setup had 2 scum, 1 sk, 14 town.
-the sk managed to kill 2 or more scum with their first 3 kills. (cpig, humalong, ypm)

i think the first is entirely infeasible tbh, and while the 2nd is certainly possible, its unlikely to an extent that ruling out the existence of scum today is actually not that smart

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh wait, thats :redhammer:

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

The Karens decided this was too critical a decision to make without more wine. Rather than stone anyone else, they spent their time hunting for another case. They didn't find one, but they did find half a bottle of vodka stashed in a drawer and that would have to do. One of them produced a bottle of soda water from her purse and mixed it in with the vodka.

They were passing it around when suddenly the lights flickered out again and they scattered, scared of what might happen. When the lights came back on, though, they were all still alive.

No one died N6!

It is now D7! If another full day and night pass with no deaths, the game ends in a draw for all remaining players and their teams.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Not Voting (4): IllegallySober, Mr. Steak, Nep-Nep, Scientastic

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 22nd, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

:siren: Note the turbo deadline! :siren:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

gently caress this, Steak is clearly the SK, this is ridiculous.

I have stopped caring about the outcome of this game now, I say we execute Steak and be done with it.

If that means you want to execute me, I’m fine with that.

##Vote Steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

gently caress this, Steak is clearly the SK, this is ridiculous.

I have stopped caring about the outcome of this game now, I say we execute Steak and be done with it.

If that means you want to execute me, I’m fine with that.

##Vote Steak

why are you so frustrated? who did you target last night?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Nep is not the SK, IS is not the SK.

Steak clearly didn’t want to gamble on who to kill, and wasn’t willing to 50:50 it, because if he picked wrong, I would’ve died and he would obviously be executed.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that if I were SK I would withhold the kill.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If IS or Nep were the SK, they would have killed me, implicating Steak.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why are you so sure the sk withheld the kill, instead of, say, using poison *which we know is in the game from TF's flip*

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Scientastic posted:

If IS or Nep were the SK, they would have killed me, implicating Steak.

This isn't a shock but that at least clears IS in my mind, because there's no way IS withholds the kill with basically everyone left in the game saying they aren't gonna vote for him.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, what's the ruling on, like..... if town continued to NL and the hostile teams continued to withhold the kill? who would be forced to act first...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
though i very much don't think we should do that, by the way. cuz of the chance of poison

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Steak posted:

why are you so sure the sk withheld the kill, instead of, say, using poison *which we know is in the game from TF's flip*

This is a good reason not to no-execute again.

Even if that's not the case the message is otherwise "town must end this deadlock"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
right now im between voting for nep or scientastic. i think they're both anti-town and both withholding their kill. obviously the best case for the sk would have been to kill scientastic, but obviously not if the sk *is* scientastic. and if nep is scum then he just cant use the nk anymore, period.

i'd normally want to get nep because if scientastic is sk he kinda deserves it for playing so hard and surviving this far. but i also don't want to let scientastic win cuz he's been sort of a dick to me all game!!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also scientastic, you still havent claimed who you targeted last night

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

I’m sorry, I have been busy doing other things for the whole eight minutes that you’re calling me out for.

I targeted Nep.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And the reason I’m frustrated it because I spent a lot of time trying to solve the game and it’s all for naught because you’re too chickenshit to take a 50:50 shot at winning.

I am not moving my vote, Steak is 100% the SK.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Steak posted:

also, what's the ruling on, like..... if town continued to NL and the hostile teams continued to withhold the kill? who would be forced to act first...?

xopods posted:

It is now D7! If another full day and night pass with no deaths, the game ends in a draw for all remaining players and their teams.

Nep-Nep posted:

Even if that's not the case the message is otherwise "town must end this deadlock"

All of this. Also:

Mr. Steak posted:

I’m working for the next couple of hours, my participation in that time will be spotty at best.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

Well, the only person who could possibly benefited from poisoning would be you, so yeah, I guess you’re right.

If Nep or IS were the SK, they would have killed me. No question.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

Well, the only person who could possibly benefited from poisoning would be you, so yeah, I guess you’re right.

If Nep or IS were the SK, they would have killed me. No question.

right, and if you were the sk.... who would you kill? not yourself. and if someone else died today you'd look pretty loving bad

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

I’m sorry, I have been busy doing other things for the whole eight minutes that you’re calling me out for.

also, this sounds really drat defensive, ngl

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you literally posted after i asked.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I don't see why scientastic would choose not to get a kill last night if it was him. Do you have a theory, Steak?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Steak posted:

right, and if you were the sk.... who would you kill? not yourself. and if someone else died today you'd look pretty loving bad

Oh this post came in in the meantime.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

And the reason I’m frustrated it because I spent a lot of time trying to solve the game and it’s all for naught because you’re too chickenshit to take a 50:50 shot at winning.

I am not moving my vote, Steak is 100% the SK.

this cements my vote. i dont want to reward this lovely attitude with a win

##vote scientastic

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

right now im between voting for nep or scientastic. i think they're both anti-town and both withholding their kill. obviously the best case for the sk would have been to kill scientastic, but obviously not if the sk *is* scientastic. and if nep is scum then he just cant use the nk anymore, period.

i'd normally want to get nep because if scientastic is sk he kinda deserves it for playing so hard and surviving this far. but i also don't want to let scientastic win cuz he's been sort of a dick to me all game!!

This makes zero sense. If there is a scum player and an SK, there is absolutely no loving way they both withhold the kill. I can see why you as SK withhold the kill, to implicate me. I can even see someone WIFOMing an argument for why I would, I guess, but there’s absolutely no way a scum player does it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

This makes zero sense. If there is a scum player and an SK, there is absolutely no loving way they both withhold the kill. I can see why you as SK withhold the kill, to implicate me. I can even see someone WIFOMing an argument for why I would, I guess, but there’s absolutely no way a scum player does it.

do you think this game had a max of 2 scum in the setup?

otherwise, want to do your probability magic on how likely it is that the sk's janitored kills contain 2 scum?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Since we don't have any proof that the sk has a poisoner power, doesn't it seem likely that cpig was a poisoner? Maybe we had two hostile 3ps.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’m going to bed, it is absolutely clear to me what had happened here.

IS and Nep 100% are not the SK, because if they were, they could have just NKed me and Steak would be executed today.

Steak withheld his kill because he would rather try and brazen it out today than take a 50:50 shot on picking the right person and killing me instead.

It makes no sense for me to withhold the kill.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

I’m going to bed, it is absolutely clear to me what had happened here.

IS and Nep 100% are not the SK, because if they were, they could have just NKed me and Steak would be executed today.

Steak withheld his kill because he would rather try and brazen it out today than take a 50:50 shot on picking the right person and killing me instead.

It makes no sense for me to withhold the kill.

it does, though.

we're all in agreement that IS and nep aren't the sk, and yes its an easy argument to say "i know im town and therefore...", but to us, that doesn't mean anything

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

do you think this game had a max of 2 scum in the setup?

otherwise, want to do your probability magic on how likely it is that the sk's janitored kills contain 2 scum?

Why are you trying to push this idea that we’re at 2T 1S 1SK? We’ve established that if that’s the case, we’re pretty much hosed. We have zero evidence that it’s true, and we have two nights with no scum kill.

It’s pretty obvious that you’re desperately trying to implicate anyone you can. You can’t push IS as either, you can’t push Nep as SK, so you’re pushing me as SK and Nep as scum. It’s completely transparent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

On that note, I’m going to bed.