Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I just use this to sign all my dic-pics, it's basically an NDA.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sassassin posted:

The start of the silmarillion is just creationist gibberish. All the good stories in the book have been published in a better form elsewhere by now.

Not even the Simarillion, just the LotR books themselves! I just couldn't do it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

SpacePig posted:

I'm not necessarily in love with Ronaldhino Soccer 64, but I am really enjoying when I see it when I least expect it. This one is good.

I, on the other hand, cannot get enough of

HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA

RONALDINHO SOCCER

and want it shot into my veins at all times, and I cannot justify this, but some people are doing amazingly funny stuff with it.

e: this is a lol

https://twitter.com/LoganBritt05/status/1262509599799889923

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

wuffles posted:

Its a lovely stucco job op. The lines are control joints that are supposed to keep it from cracking and should be present at minimum every 144 square ft. So if you have a large flat area next to windows (typical), you place the control joints to prevent cracking of the large area, and continue them as architectural elements in the smaller areas divided by windows.

Two problems here: first, his hosed up window design means hosed up control joint layout because poo poo doesn’t line up properly or with any sort of cohesive design. Second, the work is janky as gently caress—the control joints are probably done lovely but it’s hard to tell from the artifacting of the image...but look at the turret. That left side of the front wall near the corner is so dimpled it looks like back of an obese persons leg. His house has cottage cheese thighs for walls.

And to be honest that is probably the best time of day and angle he could get. Go there earlier in the morning and from a more offset angle and the shadows cast by that light are gonna show every single wobble in those walls.

And this, what, why...EIFS bands and window surrounds (the raised rectangles) on this side but wood casement windows and no EIFS bands on the other. And the vertical placement of the horizontal EIFS bands...they bisect (or not) the windows at different heights and none of them line up...like what the gently caress why, why wouldn’t you do them the same.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

e: also the placement of the exhaust vent makes no loving sense unless his ceiling is lower than the windows and underground your electrical secondary you cheap gently caress goddamn sorry for the long post in the meme thread

Fascinating. The closest I think we get to stucco in the UK is pebbledash, which I think is similar except it makes your house look like it was built out things that were demolished in the 1970's.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/veggie_delight/status/1263131656145252352

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

:captainpop:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Auralnauts with another banger

https://youtu.be/P-oK9mnTbyI
Trying to figure out whether or not an emotionally scarred madman who will plunge the world into eternal war so that soldiers will always have a place in society is better or worse than the options we have now. I mean, we've already got that in Afghanistan, among many other places.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

:patriot:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pastry of the Year posted:

I, on the other hand, cannot get enough of

HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA

RONALDINHO SOCCER

and want it shot into my veins at all times, and I cannot justify this, but some people are doing amazingly funny stuff with it.

e: this is a lol

https://twitter.com/LoganBritt05/status/1262509599799889923
SA is clearly letting me down, this is the first time I've seen Ronaldinho Soccer and I'm enjoying it so far

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Isn't the Tolkein estate super protective of the Silmarillion? Or was that just with New Line Cinema and the shifty deal the got? I know they literally weren't even allowed to say the names of the other two Wizards in the Hobbit because their names aren't mention in the Hobbit or its indexes.

This is a few pages back but yes the Tolkein estate is fortunately very protective which stops the whole canon from being exploited in the shittiest way possible.

Basically Amazon have been given permission to use the second age as a setting on the proviso that nothing they write changes the established canon. That's still pretty free range since Tolkein wrote gently caress all about the second age, basically all we know is that Sauron invaded Eriador, the Numenorians came and fought him off twice, the first time legit then the second time as a trick where Sauron allowed himself to be captured and taken back to Numenor so he could corrupt the Numenoreans. Cue the war that you see in the opening of LOTR and Sauron getting the chop.

That leaves Amazon plenty of space to make up new characters and plots and poo poo so long as all those events still take place.

e: I also remember reading somewhere that they've been banned from using any characters depicted in LOTR or the hobbit so that means no Sauron on screen.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 21:02 on May 21, 2020

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DACK FAYDEN posted:

SA is clearly letting me down, this is the first time I've seen Ronaldinho Soccer and I'm enjoying it so far

That's your fault.

I've been enjoying them ITT for like a month

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The story will revolve around the brave delivery men responsible for getting the rings to the right kings and queens

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/JimmyDPooper/status/1263530890379923457

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know why, but Sailor Moon's a meme now

https://twitter.com/MikkuSushi/status/1262496418599755781?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I read this with a thick russian accent and I laughed hard.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah idk like the jedi were pretty loving stupid to not see that particular interpretation of "bring balance to the force."

let's see, the good guys have a galaxy-spanning religion commanded from a giant temple on most important planet and the bad guys have two dudes who skulk around wearing cloaks. clearly "balance" means killing those two guys a duhhh duhh doyyy duh duh

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I spent Easter weekend bingeing the prequels and also various versions of Jesus Christ Superstar and this was the result.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
https://twitter.com/robmichel_art/status/1263578598729900032

I can only hope this is the end of #sailormoonredraw because it is certainly the apex.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

motoh posted:

https://twitter.com/robmichel_art/status/1263578598729900032

I can only hope this is the end of #sailormoonredraw because it is certainly the apex.

Unfortunately I don't think this will do anything

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bike tory posted:

This is a few pages back but yes the Tolkein estate is fortunately very protective which stops the whole canon from being exploited in the shittiest way possible.

Basically Amazon have been given permission to use the second age as a setting on the proviso that nothing they write changes the established canon. That's still pretty free range since Tolkein wrote gently caress all about the second age, basically all we know is that Sauron invaded Eriador, the Numenorians came and fought him off twice, the first time legit then the second time as a trick where Sauron allowed himself to be captured and taken back to Numenor so he could corrupt the Numenoreans. Cue the war that you see in the opening of LOTR and Sauron getting the chop.

That leaves Amazon plenty of space to make up new characters and plots and poo poo so long as all those events still take place.

e: I also remember reading somewhere that they've been banned from using any characters depicted in LOTR or the hobbit so that means no Sauron on screen.

I wonder how Amazon ended up with stricter usage guidelines than EA did for its Lord of the Rings assassins creed games.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I enjoyed this.

Meme tax:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why would Sauron even make a ring that would resize itself to fit anyone? He didn't plan to share it, did he? He didn't plan to lose it. He didn't plan to get his finger cut off. Wouldn't it make more sense for the ring to just fit his own finger?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why would Sauron even make a ring that would resize itself to fit anyone? He didn't plan to share it, did he? He didn't plan to lose it. He didn't plan to get his finger cut off. Wouldn't it make more sense for the ring to just fit his own finger?

No, he didn't plan to lose it, but making it so anyone could wear it and so that if they did he could see them and they would be drawn to him would make it easier to get it back if he did.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

The ring has a will of its own and is also super magic. I always assumed it resizes itself because it fuckin loves to be worn and corrupt people

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

Didn’t have time to go to Jared and get sized

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
why even make it a piece of jewelry just like enchant the skeleton. A ring can fall off or be stolen, but it takes a lot more effort to lose your skeleton or for someone to steal your skeleton.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Maybe, but if somebody manages to do it, hoo boy

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Maybe it's just like, you put enough magic into a ring, it'll resize regardless of what the magic is.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

yeah I eat rear end posted:

why even make it a piece of jewelry just like enchant the skeleton. A ring can fall off or be stolen, but it takes a lot more effort to lose your skeleton or for someone to steal your skeleton.

i've known some halfling rogues who might be able to pull it off, and halflings are just hobbit imitators, so

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Because he knew he’d probably get fatter as he got older. Or maybe he was already kinda chunky and he was planning on losing weight. Also he was taking into account water bloat. The fact that you, a human, didn’t consider the potential sausagification and/or skeletonation of fingers, yet he did, is exactly why Sauron was such a credible threat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Sauron had the ability to change his shape and form and presumably didn't want to take the ring off to do that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Memento posted:

No, he didn't plan to lose it, but making it so anyone could wear it and so that if they did he could see them and they would be drawn to him would make it easier to get it back if he did.

If he can see anyone who wears the ring, do you think he can see himself when he wears it? Never need a mirror.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Do you think Sauron put on the ring to cut his own hair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Sauron invented the selfie stick